CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Marianne Urbanski 08-20-2010 07:20 AM

Re: Nik

[quote=Nik Nichols;830796]You should do it , you would love it!!:smiley_ev[/quote]
ha.. rope climbs scare the crap out of me!! I can tell i'm getting old when I do them!!! In addition, they beat my hands up --and I use the rope with the knots!!!
For the dips.. I am totally depressed about them.. :ranting2: I am still using the band and I feel like I never will be off it. I did 3 x 10 with pink band today and i am going to do that at least 3 times a week from now until I get the darn things... (and it is my "rest" day! I need them now that i am "old"!!). :p

Nik Nichols 08-20-2010 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;830805]ha.. rope climbs scare the crap out of me!! I can tell i'm getting old when I do them!!! In addition, they beat my hands up --and I use the rope with the knots!!!
For the dips.. I am totally depressed about them.. :ranting2: I am still using the band and I feel like I never will be off it. I did 3 x 10 with pink band today and i am going to do that at least 3 times a week from now until I get the darn things... (and it is my "rest" day! I need them now that i am "old"!!). :p[/QUOTE]

Yea, the hands will be paying for it, but I don't care, not today anyway. Fear is part of rope climbing. So is the satisfaction of sucessfully hauling my rear up and down the rope with out falling!

Dips are hard, you have it right on volume. keep at them and they will cone, pushups and close grip bench are helpers for rind dips, so are regular bar dips.

Nik Nichols 08-20-2010 08:28 AM

10:00 break
3 rounds no time
HSPU's
pistols

round 1
4HSPU
4pistols each leg
round 2
1hspu 1 fail
4pistols each leg
round 3
3hspus
4pistols each leg

hspus are hard again. But I worked my hand and arm placemet and got a tiny bit better. Hands close and elbows close lit doing pushups with elbows close to body.

I think that used more trys then shoulder which is great for me because my shoulders suck.

Oh and i spent alot of time with monty, on all fores looking at the floor waiting for what''the right moment'' to kick up and go at the hspus.

Pistols were shakey but I did them with my heel on a 10 lbs plate, I heard from the games they were easier in oly shoes and was going for that.

they got better as I went. It had to be funny to see me doing pistols. My hands would swing crazy at the bottom and on the way up.

Nik Nichols 08-20-2010 10:57 AM

Three rounds for time of:
15 ft Rope Climb, 5 ascents
21 Ring dips
50 Squats

time 19:18
last time 26:16

Ok I either did 1 extra rope climb or just enough. I was on the 3rd set and I wasn't 100% sure if I did 4 or 5 climbs on the second set, getting off the rope on the second set I was sure, I repeated it out loud. But I doubted it on the last round, so I climed it again at the end. Either way I did 15 or 16 assents so I didn't cheat reps. Oh and the timer was running for it too.

Ring dips were murder, I broke them from the start. I think it was breathing and fatigue from the rope. I'd go real hard at first for about 4 reps and just die, but I'd cycle through the ''rest'' quick for a couple more, I kept at them with a 2 or 3 breath and go.

Squat unbroken but slower on the first round and pretty fast on the last.

Ring finger on my left tip is numb. left shin raw. Good workout. After I was done and recoverd a few min,( I went to one knee and faught the idea to lay down, and thanked God for getting me through''thank you, thank you , thank you'') I laughed out loud. Funny I was alone and laughing and sweating.

Good day.

Laurie Smith 08-20-2010 11:32 AM

I think the rope and ring dips are what will slow me down. The squats I would hope will be no problem...I would hope. :o

Nik Nichols 08-20-2010 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;831027]I think the rope and ring dips are what will slow me down. The squats I would hope will be no problem...I would hope. :o[/QUOTE]

I bet you are right, I was catching my breath on squats, now they got to burning and I had to push to keep going but doable.

Nik Nichols 08-20-2010 01:41 PM

3:00 break
C&J every min for 10 min
145 for 5 reps
165 for 3 reps
185lbs for 2 reps

I wanted to do something fun, no goats, no practice, just fun and dynamic.

I had a funny clean on one of the 145lbs, I cleaned it and let go with my left hand wile recieving the bar, My fingers slipped completely off the bar... but I caught it in the rack and full squat with my right hand on the bar(finger tips) and the left hand sticking straight out like frankensteins monster.
I stood up with it like that and was able to get my hand back in getting ready for the jerk.

Laurie Smith 08-20-2010 01:46 PM

I was so close to catching you today. Those climbs were brutal!

Nik Nichols 08-20-2010 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;831101]I was so close to catching you today. Those climbs were brutal![/QUOTE]

Yea they were, it took a couple of hours, but I have blisters on a few of my fingers from sliding down the rope.

Laurie Smith 08-20-2010 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;831127]Yea they were, it took a couple of hours, but I have blisters on a few of my fingers from sliding down the rope.[/QUOTE]

Even my pinkies have rope burn!! :rofl: