CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-16-2010 03:30 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;828209]A 27-minute metcon in that heat. :eek::eek::eek:

No thanks. You're a tough nut, Nik. ([I]Yes, that is a compliment.[/I])[/QUOTE]

Thanks Patrick, I get it. It was tough, it crossed my mind to quite, it probably would have been a good Idea, but I told myself no, rest as I need to and finish the damn thing, glad for that.

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;828217]Oh geez, not looking forward to this one. :([/QUOTE]
Man, Laurie it wasn't that bad, it was just the heat. My legs got tired, that is about it. Other then the heat.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;828248]Got to agree with Patrick, hitting these hard metcons in that kind of heat sounds extremely tough Nik, great work for getting through, sounds like you gave everything there mate.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for it to cool off. I hate it, I'm second guessing my work. But I know it is heat and Monty. Once it colls off some where heat is not a factor of the workout I'll be happy. I always suffer in the heat though.

Marianne Urbanski 08-16-2010 03:36 PM

nice job today, Nik.. how hot does it get down there? I take it there is no A/C in the gym? :(

Nik Nichols 08-16-2010 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;828363]nice job today, Nik.. how hot does it get down there? I take it there is no A/C in the gym? :([/QUOTE]

Right now it is 102 degrees, that is outside, so I did the workout in 102 temp at least. There was a slight breeze and I had a fan too. No A/C.

Sometimes I go to hell to cool off.;)

Laurie Smith 08-16-2010 03:53 PM

I can't imagine doing it in that heat. That's horrible. My legs were tired but not as much as my arms. Obviously I know which is weaker. :(

Nik Nichols 08-16-2010 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;828376]I can't imagine doing it in that heat. That's horrible. My legs were tired but not as much as my arms. Obviously I know which is weaker. :([/QUOTE]

It is getting tough. I tell you though, I don't want to use it for a cruch, but I don't want to have problems with overheating.

Jesse Emers 08-16-2010 06:33 PM

Great job getting it done Nik. The heat makes you tougher. Looks like most of the people on the boards don't have that luxury! I know Ernie can share in the joy.

Nik Nichols 08-17-2010 06:17 AM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;828453]Great job getting it done Nik. The heat makes you tougher. Looks like most of the people on the boards don't have that luxury! I know Ernie can share in the joy.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was going to hit him up on the heat. I always think of comp, if I can get use to doing workouts in 100+ temp, when it is cooler, I should be easy!

Nik Nichols 08-17-2010 06:52 AM

A.M. warmup
30 reps unbroken
GHD's
backext 40lbs
OHS's with bar
abmatt situps 25lbs overhead

pushups broken 12/8/10

Nik Nichols 08-17-2010 08:21 AM

10:00 break
8 min rolling streching (lower half, legs glutes It band) rolled my back because it feels good.

Then 3 rope assents for time
time 1:52.

Ernie Guevara 08-17-2010 08:23 AM

Great job getting it done in that inferno nik! I definitely know how you feel doing the wods in that heat and humidity. Like you said it will only make us stronger and the wods in cooler temperature will feel much easier. I remember the last time Eva came up and I did it in the heat I almost quit halfway cuz I thought I was going to over heat.

Are you doing today's wod on a track? My legs are extremely sore from my mountain run yesterday but here is a track near by here so I might do today's wod there.