CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Shed 'O Pain (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=55793)

Norm Swann 12-19-2012 11:22 AM

Re: The Shed 'O Pain

JT

I would be interested in both seminars also. Is there a course outline available?

JT Kalnay 12-19-2012 11:43 AM

Wedensday December 12, 2012

Reading about nutrition:
Cereal with milk is so easy to eat for breakfast. But, it's all grains and high fructose corn syrup and other things that leave me hungry before lunch. Recent reading on nutrition suggests that a "healthy" (e.g., Food Pyramid) breakfast of grains and dairy might not be the best idea. So, I am open to suggestions concerning breakfasts that are just as easy to prepare (e.g., pour in a bowl from a box) but that are Paleo or Zone. I have the weekend covered with bacon and eggs, but would like ideas about monday to friday "easy as cereal" breakfasts. Help!!!

@Tim, Jeff, Norm:
I think all you have to do is contact Paula or Kim at NFT and let them know you want to attend.

@Norm:
She doesn't really use an outline. She sees who is there, asks what they want to work on, does a warmup, and then addresses the basic skills people want/need. For the beginner, it has been "hollow body", basic handstand position, basic kipping, on ramp to pistol drills, and things like that. For the advanced, it has included walking on your hands, muscle up technique and efficiency, butterfly pullups, and other high end skills. She's on Facebook and would likely answer questions ahead of time for you.

Norm Swann 12-19-2012 03:21 PM

Thanks JT; seminar sounds good.

My usual breakfast: (not as fast as cereal, but about 10 mins.)
Coat non stick skillet with olive oil
1 al fresco sausage(all natural, gluten free)-cut up and brown both sides
1/2 green pepper
1/4 onion
2 mushrooms
Add veggies once flip sausage (save rest of pepper and onion for next breakfast)
Cook to your liking and add 2 eggs (from cage free chickens)
Mix eggs with sausage and veggies; eat when cooked.
You can substitute or add as wanted: example- bacon, sweet potatoes, salsa, etc.

JT Kalnay 12-20-2012 07:26 AM

Thursday December 20, 2012

Paleo Vs. Pop-Tarts, Day Two...

[url]http://jtkalnaynovels.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/dear-crossfit-its-paleo-vs-pop-tarts-day-two/[/url]

Thanks for the ideas Norm. Part of the problem is breaking the convenience habit. That box of cereal, that frozen pizza, that tub of ice cream... they're all just one bad decision and ten seconds away. There have to be other habits that are just as easy to make and hard to break that are going to be more optimal for health, weight, and performance.

Tim Babcock 12-20-2012 02:39 PM

1 Problem
10 Burpees
5 rounds

1 Problem
3 bar muscle ups
5 rounds

Did lots of mobility work and a few GHD sit-ups and ab wheels.

Right hip flexor is very sore.

Jeffrey Fortuna 12-20-2012 07:31 PM

Wednesday 12-20-2012
Bouldered at CRG for 1.5 hours. After doing nothing for a couple of weeks, I am really weak. I really need to hit it hard over the next two weeks.

Norm, I am also interested in doing both of the gymnastics seminars. Would it be advantageous for us to car pool?

Jt, I think I read somewhere that if you do anything consistently it becomes habit after I think ten days. Find ways to make Norms breakfast easier. Prep all of the ingredients ahead of time. On Sunday night, chop enough veggies for five meals and put them in ziplock bags or containers. Even cut up the sausage ahead of time. Then it's just a mater of pouring the ingredients into the pan.

Tim Babcock 12-21-2012 09:56 AM

Worked out in the Shed.

Lots of mobility work.
A few muscle ups, pull ups, push-ups, air squats, and kettlebell swings.

"Nate"
2 muscle ups
4 HSPU
8 KBS 2 pood
AMRAP in 20 minutes
12 rounds

That 2 pood kettlebell never gets any lighter.:no000000:

JT Kalnay 12-21-2012 12:40 PM

Friday December 21, 2012

[url]http://jtkalnaynovels.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/dear-crossfit-a-long-day-in-the-box-on-the-shortest-day-of-the-year/[/url]

@Jeff: thanks for the idea about pre-packaging. Finding ways that make eating "right" just as easy as eating twinkies and pop tarts and hagen daz is going to be key in establishing new habits to replace old habits.

Tim Babcock 12-22-2012 09:10 AM

Warm Up
A round of Cindy and a few burpees.
Mobility Work

Weighted Pull-ups & Dips
5 10
5 20
5 30
3 40
3 45
3 50
1 55
1 60
1 65
I missed the last rep on the 3rd set of 3.

A special shout out goes to my buddy Eric. He is getting married today. All the best brother. :)

JT Kalnay 12-22-2012 02:43 PM

Saturday December 22, 2012

Warmed up with foam rolling and light KBS.

Did 50 tries kicking up into a handstand from a standing start.
Made it 3 times, didn't make it 45 times, really didn't make it twice.

Worked on kipping big on the rings.

WOD
5 rounds, untimed
5 65# deadlifts working on perfect form.
5 strict presses 65#
5 split jerks 65# working on perfect form.
5 pullups on the rings.