CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   paleo kit packaging woes (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=75691)

Brandon Heitkamp 05-30-2012 06:26 AM

paleo kit packaging woes

well let me start this post by saying I am a huge!!!!! paleo kits fan. The product is great! I have however had a problem and wanted to hear if anyone else has had the same problem.

My first order of 50 paleo kits was great.... no problems, the jerky was fresh and tasty and the product stayed vacuum sealed well.

The second order I made was for 200 (me and some buddies ordering together to eliminate some shipping costs) Within a month or two 65 of these 200 kits had lost vacuum and started growing bacteria etc... I contacted steves original and they were apologetic. They had me send them back and sent out replacements. They also gave me two tshirts (made me feel better). However, when the new kits came there were 7 unsealed in the box and ive had 5 more of the older ones come unsealed. I am in the process of trying to return the damaged goods AGAIN.

I'd like to stress that Steves Original HAS been standing behind their product so far.... But shipping is getting ridiculous at this point, not to mention the pain in the HIND END! The kits are supposed to have a 6 month shelf life.... I am not getting anywhere near that length out of them.

Is anyone else having problems?

Brandon Heitkamp

Steve Liberati 05-30-2012 02:33 PM

Re: paleo kit packaging woes

Brandon,

I explained to you that we upgraded the thickness of our bags about a month ago and haven't had an issue since.

What is this the purpose to take this to the public forum if we are making good on it and you are pleased with the way we are handling it?

Does it matter if 2 other people chime in to say they had a problem too?

We took full responsibility for having bags loose their seal and have taken all the steps to fix the problem to ensure it does not happen with future orders.

Brandon Heitkamp 05-30-2012 03:46 PM

Steve,

I appreciate you helping to get me straight. In my defense I don't live on this board (which is apparent by my post count). Perhaps I should have posted when I originally had a problem; instead I thought better of it. At the time nothing was said to me about added bag thickness. I heard in an email today about the New bags and am happy that the problem has been addressed.

For anyone interested I will be ordering more paleokits. The product is excellent.

Steve Liberati 05-31-2012 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=Brandon Heitkamp;1065137]Steve,

I appreciate you helping to get me straight. In my defense I don't live on this board (which is apparent by my post count). Perhaps I should have posted when I originally had a problem; instead I thought better of it. At the time nothing was said to me about added bag thickness. I heard in an email today about the New bags and am happy that the problem has been addressed.

For anyone interested I will be ordering more paleokits. The product is excellent.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Brandon. Appreciate your understanding and support as we work through this small hiccup.

Justin Brown 05-31-2012 02:45 PM

Good news is that this post reminded me that I needed to order some paleo kits!
:rofl: