CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   how to start zone (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=61485)

Mike Goldman 09-14-2010 06:46 AM

how to start zone
 
i have been thinking about starting the zone diet.
have done all the research bought all the (kitchen) equipment needed and have downloaded some cool meal plans. BUT i have no idea how many blocks i should be eating please help.
im 18 train twice i day most days at the moment but will be doing singles again very soon weigh 155ish and am about 5 9.

Mark E. Wallace 09-14-2010 06:54 AM

Re: how to start zone
 
What has your research told you so far?

- Mark

Scott Donchak 09-14-2010 06:56 AM

Re: how to start zone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Goldman (Post 842666)
i have been thinking about starting the zone diet.
have done all the research bought all the (kitchen) equipment needed and have downloaded some cool meal plans. BUT i have no idea how many blocks i should be eating please help.
im 18 train twice i day most days at the moment but will be doing singles again very soon weigh 155ish and am about 5 9.


In before "what are your goals?"

What are your goals?

Mike Goldman 09-14-2010 07:01 AM

Re: how to start zone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Donchak (Post 842678)
In before "what are your goals?"

What are your goals?

to just inprove also i eat like a horse. when i say that i mean i dont really have a grasp for portions. example breakfast 1 cup of oats. still hungry so i have more. still hungry so i have eggs and then eat the same way in an hour and so on untill the end of the day. its ridicules but my im happy with my training i tend to pr most times i lift and get solid times on my metcons. but im worried about the amount of food and how i eat

Scott Donchak 09-14-2010 07:06 AM

Re: how to start zone
 
If you're hungry, you should eat. Always.

Are you trying to lose fat? Or are you already lean and worried about gaining fat?

Brian Bedell 09-14-2010 07:07 AM

Re: how to start zone
 
"have done all the research"

Really? And you have no idea about how many blocks? There are like two million threads and numerous CFJ articles on this, not to mention Googling "how many zone blocks should i eat."

Have you read the book?

Mark E. Wallace 09-14-2010 08:31 AM

Re: how to start zone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Bedell (Post 842691)
"have done all the research"

Really? And you have no idea about how many blocks? There are like two million threads and numerous CFJ articles on this, not to mention Googling "how many zone blocks should i eat."

Have you read the book?

Amen.

I don't Zone, but even I understand how fundamental the block is to the program.

You saying that you've done the research but have no idea how many blocks to eat would be like me saying that I've researched the **** out of Crossfit but have no idea what fitness is.

- Mark

Brian Bedell 09-14-2010 09:24 AM

Re: how to start zone
 
Something was bothering me about this, so I reread your post. You write:

"im 18 train twice i day most days at the moment but will be doing singles again very soon weigh 155ish and am about 5 9."

STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE ZONE. I hope you heard that. Go eat some food, train hard, eat some more food, talk to girls, enjoy life...now GO

Write back when you are 25 years old and weigh 200.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.