CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Trent's Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=26973)

Aaron Trent 03-10-2008 09:39 AM

Re: Trent's Log

3-7-08
Squats:

175 for 3 reps.
175, 2 reps
155. 4 sets 5 reps
I was supposed to go 175x3 for 5 sets but it wasn't happening.

3-9-08
First Race of the season:
21 miles: 3 7 mile laps.
Other than the cold, the temperature was about 30 degrees, I was doing well until my tire started feeling soft. I only finished 2 laps and earned a big fat DNF. Next time.

Aaron Trent 03-10-2008 02:50 PM

3-10-08

Deadlifts:
:ranting2: I was supposed to pull 235lbs for 6 sets of 3. I pulled one set of 3! I think I could have made all the reps but Stephen kept telling me to sink my butt lower. I'm not initiating an effing Clean! I don't know if I need to ask him about it or just pull like this for now, but I am not thrilled about missing reps on the DL.

Aaron Trent 03-16-2008 11:09 AM

I am taking the week off, I am mentally and physically fatigued and I need the rest. After the week is over I will start upping the intensity on the bike. If I lost anything over the winter it was my ability to suffer on the bike so I need to relearn how to do that as the racing season begins to loom large. My first weekend of racing will be in 3 weeks. I will be contesting the Criterium Saturday and the Road Race on Sunday in the Rock Hill Omnium.

Aaron Trent 03-20-2008 07:53 AM

I'm about to die! These rest weeks are hard!:ranting2:

Aaron Trent 03-21-2008 02:42 PM

2-21-08

Squats:

3 sets 5 reps 160lbs

I'm so happy to be training again! I felt great with most of the reps :kicking0:

Wendy Pace 03-22-2008 07:18 AM

Hey Trent!

Sorry I missed you yesterday at the gym - I had to sing at an Easter service.

How did those squats feel? Monday I did 2 sets of 4 at 175 :p

See ya soon!

Aaron Trent 03-23-2008 09:08 AM

3-22-08

Ride:
50 miles
40 hard and fast with lots of rollers and wind.
10 slow on the way home.

Aaron Trent 03-23-2008 09:10 AM

Hey Wendy, I was wondering why you weren't there.
The Squats felt good, but it looks like you're ahead of me. Good work.

Aaron Trent 03-24-2008 04:57 PM

3-24-2008

Deadlifts:

5 sets 3 reps 235lbs

Front Squats:
95x5
115x4
125x2

My Posterior Chain and back felt amazing in the DL and the weight just flew up, I was using a traditional starting position instead of the sunken hips that Stephens sets me in. I think I'm on to something here. I hate the bars at Blatt! They never see Chalk and they are very slippery even with chalk on my hands. My grip was surely the weak link today but I think that was as much the bar as my fault.

I'm nowhere near a max on the FS but my wrists hurt like hell as the weight increases.

Carolina Crossfit was closed today so I went to the Blatt PE Center at school. I brought my chalk in which I'm pretty sure is frowned upon. I started warming up with 135, 185, and 215. There was a guy next to me that was DLing and was ramping up his weight at a similar pace. After my first work set we started talking and it turns out he interested in Strength and Size using the big 3 and traditional PL ancillary work. It's really cool to meet someone not on machines and not always on a bench.
Then 2 guys walked up to the squat rack on the other side of me. I'd seen the one guy before I joined CCF and I was expecting curls and shrugs. No, the guy starts C&J work! His form was pretty bad, but with bad form he C&Jed 185lbs! Some time with Stephen would have this guy doing some amazing things. Turns out he used to do BB stuff and recently switched to CF. Good times at the University gym!

Grace Patenaude 03-24-2008 06:13 PM

Great barbell work there, my friend!
Got my SS book from Coach Ripp today, can't wait to read it!

CROSSFIT ROCKS !!!