CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Competitions (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ESPN 3 Question (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=69043)

Andrew Bell 07-28-2011 01:26 PM

ESPN 3 Question
 
So....

(in my "epic" Dave Casstro voice....)

I downloaded the epic ESPN app so I don't miss any epic-ness of epic but one epic problem.

I go to "sign up" and it says "WatchESPN is currently unavailable with the service provider selected".

So is there no workaround for this? I need to watch all the epic-ing epic-ness as it epic-ly happens.

The only awe-epic (think awesome, only of epic proportions) providers that do support it now are:
Bright House Networks
Time Warner Cable
Verizon FIOS
Verizon High Speed Internet

Has anyone heard of an epic way around this?

:rofl:

Seriously though, anyone know of a way around this? The 4th largest city in the US can't watch the games if not.

Jeff Binek 07-28-2011 01:38 PM

Re: ESPN 3 Question
 
Well one thing that many many people are overlooking is that ESPN3's coverage is only from 6-9pm and the end of Sunday...It will likely only show you 3 events, not the entire games, I would find a computer, go to the games site and not rely on your phone.

Vickie Ellickson 07-28-2011 01:40 PM

Re: ESPN 3 Question
 
I think it's epic that the Games site is down the day before the Games start.

Better today than tomorrow I guess. :rolleyes:

Andrew Bell 07-28-2011 01:44 PM

Re: ESPN 3 Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickie Ellickson (Post 966575)
I think it's epic that the Games site is down the day before the Games start.

Better today than tomorrow I guess. :rolleyes:

Epic. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff
Well one thing that many many people are overlooking is that ESPN3's coverage is only from 6-9pm and the end of Sunday...It will likely only show you 3 events, not the entire games, I would find a computer, go to the games site and not rely on your phone.

Thanks Jeff, I thought it was total coverage like last year online.

Alex Europa 07-28-2011 07:02 PM

Re: ESPN 3 Question
 
Silly question, but have you considered simply putting in information that does work? If you're still interested in getting it on your phone, shoot me a text and I'll give you my zip code and service provider.

- Alex

Luke Hitt 07-28-2011 07:02 PM

Re: ESPN 3 Question
 
Ya the whole ESPN3 thing they have been hyping is stupid, like you said most people can't access it. I, like millions of other americans have Directv but it does not work with Directv.

Plus the online stream isn't working right now either...

Benji Whitehead 07-29-2011 07:16 AM

Re: ESPN 3 Question
 
ESPN3 isn't available in my area and the other streaming video has been terribly slow when it works and the website isn't down.

Matthew Swartz 07-29-2011 07:21 AM

Re: ESPN 3 Question
 
ESPN3 is available online EVERYWHERE. Just select ANY service provider and find a friend whose email you may use.

Also, just because it is being broadcasting on EPSN3, does that necessarily mean that it won't be broadcasting on the games site? Just a thought.

Andrew Bell 07-29-2011 07:37 AM

Re: ESPN 3 Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz (Post 966843)
ESPN3 is available online EVERYWHERE. Just select ANY service provider and find a friend whose email you may use.

Also, just because it is being broadcasting on EPSN3, does that necessarily mean that it won't be broadcasting on the games site? Just a thought.

Yeah but I can't get on either one here at work.

Benji Whitehead 07-29-2011 08:03 AM

Re: ESPN 3 Question
 
live stream is working way better for me now!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.