CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Grace's Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27338)

Grace Patenaude 06-09-2008 09:05 AM

Re: Grace's Log

[QUOTE=Veronica Davis;326877]Nice work. Love the new Avatar Grace. What is the brand on your top?[/QUOTE]

Thank you! It's K O S, Ms. V. I just posted in your log.

Chrissy McConnell 06-09-2008 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=Grace Patenaude;325910][B][COLOR="Magenta"]CHRISSY[/COLOR][/B]

You did awesome on Thursday morning. You tested your work capacity at the extreme time and modal domains, girl! Give yourself a pat in the back.
Box Jump Burpees were a lot of fun. 20# DB Manmakers were a blast! Your strength was apparent on the goblet squats.

Hope your sister's graduation party was fun!

It was great working out with a Cali girl CF Houston style. Nice to finally meet you! Our picture is in Carla's Log.[/QUOTE]

Grace,
It was awesome to finally meet and work out with you and Carla! :thanx:

To say that it was not my best day would be quite an understatement, but I think we could all use a workout or two as far out of our comfort zone as that one was for me! :rofl: Geez...could it have been any worse?? I have some NASTY bruises as a momento of our time together :D

That's okay, the workout was great and it's always awesome to meet other CrossFitters and see how they train! You gals are definitely Grade A Texas Tough in my book! :highfive:

Next time I'm in town, or if you make it out to San Diego, we'll have to do it again.

Grace Patenaude 06-09-2008 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=Chrissy McConnell;327480] I have some NASTY bruises as a momento of our time together :D

Next time I'm in town, or if you make it out to San Diego, we'll have to do it again.[/QUOTE]

NASTY bruises from box jump burpees is something worth bragging about. We like 'em!

Yes, let's definitely try again. I have a niece in SD and a good friend, Elizabeth Terris (CFSD).

Elizabeth Terris 06-09-2008 10:01 PM

Hi there! I have been on vacation in Sea Ranch, CA, about 3 hours north of San Fran. It's going to take me a while to catch up after 10 days of being out of communication. It seems you have been hitting it hard as usual! I was so relieved to return to CF!

Veronica Davis 06-10-2008 03:48 AM

Grace...

My pants are Bia Brazil. My friend sells them on her website [url]http://www.physicalpursuit.com/[/url] (wfs)

Grace Patenaude 06-12-2008 10:52 AM

Thanks for the link, Ms. V!

----------------------------------------
[B]WOD 080612 [/B][COLOR="Red"][B]CF HOUSTON[/B][/COLOR] [B]6am[/B]

Warm Up:
5 Rounds of
12 Burpees (ok, I loved burpees today) :)
12 Kips (practice abandonment slowed me down)

[B]WOD:
5 Rounds for Time
15 Barbell FS
DB OH Carry ~80ft
DB Weighted Bear Crawl ~80ft, holding the DBs while crawling[/B]

1st Round 95#, Rounds 2-5 scaled down to 85# on FS ----> this was the BEAR today!
20# DB OH Carry and 20# DB Bear Crawl ------> I liked these two together!
=21:17 (not sure if the seconds were correct)

Warm Down:
4 Rounds Tabata (30sec on and off) of Jumping Ring Dips, Lowest score = 21
4 Rounds Tabata (same) of rowing, I don't remember my lowest calorie score count.

***The WOD was a big bear! The combination was perfectly :smiley_ev. I finished last, btw! My list of Evil WODs is getting bigger.

Camille Lore 06-12-2008 11:43 AM

:yikes: Your warmup (or cool down) is my workout!

Elizabeth Terris 06-12-2008 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=Grace Patenaude;329538]Thanks for the link, Ms. V!

----------------------------------------
[B]WOD 080612 [/B][COLOR="Red"][B]CF HOUSTON[/B][/COLOR] [B]6am[/B]

DB Weighted Bear Crawl ~80ft, holding the DBs while crawling[/B].[/QUOTE]

That was a BIG work out and devilish. How is the DB weighted Bear Crawl done, I am having trouble visualizing it.

Patrick Haskell 06-12-2008 01:31 PM

I'm glad you're opening an affiliate, Grace. You need to share the misery more. Weighted bear crawls sound thoroughly humbling. You've put another evil WOD on my [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Silver"]why would I want [/COLOR][/SIZE]To-Do [SIZE="1"][COLOR="silver"]this [/COLOR][/SIZE]List. It will be a while before I get to it, since Byers has been kind enough to share a few of her masochistic inspirations with me, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Christin Street 06-12-2008 02:18 PM

I'm with Camille. Warming up with 60 burpees.60 pull-ups? What? Yep, I was right. Another Texas beast!