CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Grace's Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27338)

Grace Patenaude 05-26-2008 08:18 PM

Re: Grace's Log

[QUOTE=Erin Davidson;316884]
Thanks so much for the phone call. I still do hope to come out to Texas at some point...but the more of these incredible WODs you do the more I'm inclined to pansy out and stay east. HA! Guess I've got a lot of work to do before I can visit. :D

Are you thinking of going to any certs in the near future?[/QUOTE]

Betcha you'll breeze through the Texas WODs! Visit...visit...visit!!!

I'm thinking Cert II next year. You can join the coordinating efforts/plans with me, Gina Johnson and Elizabeth Terris. Hopefully, Cert II will be offered in other states as well by then. I would like to do an Olympic Lift Cert this year but it would have to be a drive away or within the state of TX.

Elizabeth Terris 05-26-2008 08:29 PM

I am looking forward to the Level II, the only thing is, I haven't started training anyone yet so ... let's home my schedule settles down so I can focus on taking time to hang out with trainers more and start getting some clients.

Erin Davidson 05-27-2008 05:38 AM

Train friends! Family! The Dog!

Seriously though...every little bit provides you with just that much more experience. And I think experience is everything in this case. Not that I've got as much of it as I'd like. :)

And yeah. I'd be up for Level II next year for sure. Whooooa. Who knows where we'll all be by then. Grace, you'll be doing HSPUs off your fingertips or something insane.

Grace Patenaude 05-28-2008 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=Elizabeth Terris;318961]I am looking forward to the Level II, the only thing is, I haven't started training anyone yet so ... let's home my schedule settles down so I can focus on taking time to hang out with trainers more and start getting some clients.[/QUOTE]

ET, Take your time. I'll wait for ya! :) Olympic Lifts and Barbell Certs are #1 on my list. I have to get those before I do anything else. Wouldn't mind driving to Witchita or just see Houston's top Oly Lift Coach Tim Swords when he's not busy...and when I'm not busy. We're all busy! :eek:

[QUOTE=Erin Davidson;319134]Train friends! Family! The Dog!

Seriously though...every little bit provides you with just that much more experience. And I think experience is everything in this case. Not that I've got as much of it as I'd like. :)

And yeah. I'd be up for Level II next year for sure. Whooooa. Who knows where we'll all be by then. Grace, you'll be doing HSPUs off your fingertips or something insane.[/QUOTE]

You're a funny girl! Glad your back!

Grace Patenaude 05-28-2008 10:53 AM

WOD 080528 [COLOR="Red"][B]CF HOUSTON[/B][/COLOR]

Got there late :eek: since I have to drive far. So, here's what's left of everybody's Warm Up:

3 Rounds of Double Tabata:
Push Ups and Tuck Jumps

DL 1-1-1-1-1 (If I would have known, I would have worn my magical long socks!) :mad:

It's all good because I felt strong, however fell short on a well needed aggressiveness.

205f
[B]205[/B]
210f
210f

Saw Lisa and Audrey put all their mighty strong efforts in breaking their PRs. Carla wasn't there. :(

----------------------------------------------------
Time to get down and dirty. Plyo boxes 3,2,1....here I go!

Carla Tremblay 05-28-2008 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=Grace Patenaude;320152]WOD 080528 [COLOR="Red"][B]CF HOUSTON[/B][/COLOR]

Got there late :eek: since I have to drive far. So, here's what's left of everybody's Warm Up:

3 Rounds of Double Tabata:
Push Ups and Tuck Jumps

DL 1-1-1-1-1 (If I would have known, I would have worn my magical long socks!) :mad:

It's all good because I felt strong, however fell short on a well needed aggressiveness.

205f
[B]205[/B]
210f
210f

Saw Lisa and Audrey put all their mighty strong efforts in breaking their PRs. Carla wasn't there. :(

----------------------------------------------------
Time to get down and dirty. Plyo boxes 3,2,1....here I go![/QUOTE]

Sounds like a fun workout. Sorry I missed you Grace!!

I pulled something in my lower back on Monday so I took yesterday off. I woke up this morning at 4am still feeling pain (though not as bad) in my back :mad:. I'm taking another rest day (and Advil) today... I'm hoping I'll be back to working out tomorrow.

I will be there next week on Wednesday... Do you workout on Monday mornings too? I may go to that one as well! :)

Grace Patenaude 05-28-2008 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=Carla Tremblay;320158]Sounds like a fun workout. Sorry I missed you Grace!!

I pulled something in my lower back on Monday so I took yesterday off. I woke up this morning at 4am still feeling pain (though not as bad) in my back :mad:. I'm taking another rest day (and Advil) today... I'm hoping I'll be back to working out tomorrow.

I will be there next week on Wednesday... Do you workout on Monday mornings too? I may go to that one as well! :)[/QUOTE]

Hope your back feels better soon. I used to have back problems and always got a massage. It helps quite bit. Now my back is a lot stronger after several months into CF on a 3-1 work/rest day ratio (with the exception of the last 2 weeks).

Next month is when I start putting all my energy into the affiliation. Just in limbo right now waiting for the insurance certificate after being approved. We'll have the "Save The Puppies" Burpees Shirt along with other shirts when we're up and running. "Save The Puppies" is Beth Spearman's brain child when she saw me having a hard time on burpees during Quarter Gone Bad. She's one funny gal.....but very strong and powerful, I might add!

I'll show up at CF Houston once in a while and make sure to PM you. Take care Carla.

Alix Clark 05-28-2008 03:02 PM

Can't wait to see a save the puppies shirt - Guys have no idea! Was doing double KB clean and jerk the other night - my puppies were quaking in fear :D

Elizabeth Terris 05-28-2008 09:35 PM

Nice DL! 205#!

I've been super busy but have been keeping up with your log and progress. I'm going to have to get some lucky socks I think especially if it will help my DL.

Jodi Bainbridge 05-29-2008 09:07 AM

haha! I can't wait to see this "save the puppies" t-shirt.