CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Laurie Smith 05-02-2010 03:25 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;777863]21-15-9 reps for time of:
95 pound barbell Squat snatch
Chest to bar pull-ups

14:25

I missed probably arround 5or 6 reps.

Last set was the best over all on the snaches.

I had Martin with me. He is great fun but really destracting. He'd roll by on his trike and I'd have to stop to get him to move so I could snach. But he was great fun, he had a bar and was ''snaching'' too. and tring to do pullups too. It was great. My time suffered. But time isn't everything. When I bring him I know time will suffer. Worth every min of it.[/QUOTE]

How cute!! I feel the same way about my snatches. The last set was the best where I felt like I had an actual flow. Although the last 2 sucked and I had to do them over. Definitely something I need to work on more often.

Kevin Simons 05-02-2010 05:05 PM

That's awesome, Nik. How old is your kid? Sounds like a little firebreather in the making! Nice job on today's WOD! I did the main page workout today too for the first time in months . I almost forgot how hard they are. Much more of a lung burner than the stuff I have been doing lately. Got to get back into it! Keep up the good work!

Nik Nichols 05-02-2010 07:19 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;777866]That's not many comments on the 5k, and I found at my sectional that loads of the competitors hated running and it showed in the last event, there was only a handful that could run decently.

Great work on todays WOD, I can picture Martin coming around on the trike and giving you a break. I bet it wont be long before he is pushing you on and hitting the WOD at the same weights as you.... Your set of 9 squat snatches was good due to learning better form on the previous two rounds, me and my training partner found exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

Well if that is true then that is a plus for me. I'm not fast at running, but I run every chasnce I can. I don't hate it, I'm just not great at it. I need to rub cheetah blood on my legs.
[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;778000]How cute!! I feel the same way about my snatches. The last set was the best where I felt like I had an actual flow. Although the last 2 sucked and I had to do them over. Definitely something I need to work on more often.[/QUOTE]
Seems like that is what everyone is getting from the workout.
[QUOTE=Kevin Simons;778035]That's awesome, Nik. How old is your kid? Sounds like a little firebreather in the making! Nice job on today's WOD! I did the main page workout today too for the first time in months . I almost forgot how hard they are. Much more of a lung burner than the stuff I have been doing lately. Got to get back into it! Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

Man he is a toughy, he is 3yo and he has pullups on a rope.

Nik Nichols 05-02-2010 07:20 PM

100reps of ab roll outs.

I'm feeling kind of robbed, I some how thought we had a workout tomorrow.

Scott Jenkins 05-03-2010 12:37 AM

[B][COLOR="Navy"]MONDAY 100503

"Nasty Girls"[/COLOR][/B]

3 rounds for time:
50 Squats
7 Muscle ups
10 Hang Power Cleans 135lb

Compare to Scott who will be hitting it before you awake

There you go mate , does it look enough like main page for you to hit it?

Nik Nichols 05-03-2010 06:02 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;778143][B][COLOR="Navy"]MONDAY 100503

3 rounds for time:
50 Squats
7 Muscle ups

There you go mate , does it look enough like main page for you to hit it?[/QUOTE]

HAHA awesome Scott. All thought I think I will take it easy on my legs today. I have to roll my glutes and hams are really sore still from the 5K and yesterdays work. I'll roll at 10 and see how it goes.

Jay Rhodes 05-03-2010 06:20 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;778143][B][COLOR="Navy"]MONDAY 100503

3 rounds for time:
50 Squats
7 Muscle ups

There you go mate , does it look enough like main page for you to hit it?[/QUOTE]

lol, very tempting.

Ernie Guevara 05-03-2010 07:52 AM

Are your legs feeling any better now nik? What do you have in store for rest day fun?

Nik Nichols 05-03-2010 08:00 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;778227]Are your legs feeling any better now nik? What do you have in store for rest day fun?[/QUOTE]

Not sure for rest day fun. I haven't rolled yet. We will see. Scott is just mad with his last few heavy workouts till he has to suffer the rest befor the comp!

Marianne Urbanski 05-04-2010 06:15 AM

you gonna hit the "Barbara" today?! I did it last monday.. it is so deceivingly tough on the core! good luck!