CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 09:56 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1110469]Yes, take it easy to you find out what was wrong, plenty of bodyweight stuff you can still chase along in the meantime as I see you already have posted on. Im still having knee pains, mostly when walking downstairs not upstairs, thats fine and squatting is fine, weird and a nuisance.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. different movements bother it, same with my back. Squatting is ok, but putting on my socks is hard and sire!:rofl:

I think I will do like you said and do body weight and upper. Probably HSPUs, dead hangs and situps for rounds today.

Patrick Haskell 11-27-2012 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1110481]I know what you mean. different movements bother it, same with my back. Squatting is ok, but putting on my socks is hard and sire!:rofl:

I think I will do like you said and do body weight and upper. Probably HSPUs, dead hangs and situps for rounds today.[/QUOTE]

Or leave the back completely in traction and do everything on rings: dips, MUs, skin-the-cats, inverted hangs, levers, and pullups. Handstands can wear on the lower back, too, I've found - as can situps, I'm guessing, if putting on your socks is an issue.

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;1110500]Or leave the back completely in traction and do everything on rings: dips, MUs, skin-the-cats, inverted hangs, levers, and pullups. Handstands can wear on the lower back, too, I've found - as can situps, I'm guessing, if putting on your socks is an issue.[/QUOTE]

Dang it, to late. I will do that tomorrow I think, but the workout made it loose. I even did some carefull power cleans and did ok with it. It is minor but I al still trying to be careful.

Matt Nicoll 11-27-2012 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1110426]I took a bad turn yesterday.

I got real shakey and felt weird and kind of light headed. Blood pressure is fine(hige in the good scale but ok) blood sugar ok. My back is still sore. I feel kind of hung over from yesterday. I hope it clears soon. Off to stretch now and see where I'm at.[/QUOTE]

Hope everything's sorted Nik and you got that sorted.

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 12:51 PM

9:00 min AMRAP

3 game standard HSPUs
3 close over hand deadhang pull ups
15 abmat situps

10 rounds 3 HSPUs

happy with more then a round a min. The situps were the hard part, everything else easy. Back was good through it all.

power clean and push jerk.
85lbs x1
95lbs x1
105lbs x1
115lbs x1
115lbs x1
125lbs x1
135lbs x1
145lbs x1
155lbs x1
165lbs x1
175lbs x1
185lbs x1
195lbs x1
200lbs x1
205lbs x1
210lbs(95k) x1

all real careful. Brady was doing a clean workout and I was really just messing arround and testing my back a little.

I would pretty much do a slow ''deadlift'' to mid to high thigh and then put some power to it. Back was fine and no bother. Sitting in my chair is more a pain then the cleans. Off to drink water and roll and stretch at 3:00 break.

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=Matt Nicoll;1110525]Hope everything's sorted Nik and you got that sorted.[/QUOTE]

Feeling ok now. I'm working on a physical for next week and get a complete check up.

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 03:00 PM

3:00 break
rolled my back 2:00 min
rolled piriformus 2:00min a side
rolled hip flexers 2:00 min a side

walked a couple of laps with brady.

Luke Seubert 11-28-2012 04:14 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1110426]I took a bad turn yesterday.

I got real shakey and felt weird and kind of light headed. Blood pressure is fine(hige in the good scale but ok) blood sugar ok. My back is still sore. I feel kind of hung over from yesterday. I hope it clears soon. Off to stretch now and see where I'm at.[/QUOTE]
Nik, I have had some similar symptoms after lifting, though likely not as severe as what you experienced. In my own case, the cause was from being in deep ketosis from a low-carb diet, as well as severe caloric restriction. That, combined with too frequent and too rigorous exercise, was enough to leave me feeling pretty lightheaded after a workout and thoroughly wrung out the next day. I solved the problem by backing off the exercise regimen and bumping up carbs and caloric intake.

Is it possible that your diet or exercise regimen could have something to do with this? Did you cut back significantly on food following up the Thanksgiving holiday, while exercising a bit more? How do you feel now, a day or so later?

Nik Nichols 11-28-2012 07:09 AM

[QUOTE=Luke Seubert;1110695]Nik, I have had some similar symptoms after lifting, though likely not as severe as what you experienced. In my own case, the cause was from being in deep ketosis from a low-carb diet, as well as severe caloric restriction. That, combined with too frequent and too rigorous exercise, was enough to leave me feeling pretty lightheaded after a workout and thoroughly wrung out the next day. I solved the problem by backing off the exercise regimen and bumping up carbs and caloric intake.

Is it possible that your diet or exercise regimen could have something to do with this? Did you cut back significantly on food following up the Thanksgiving holiday, while exercising a bit more? How do you feel now, a day or so later?[/QUOTE]

I think that is a big part of it, but like you said, I never felt as bad for as long as I did . But thanksgiving I did not over eat. I did have to plates of dinner, no sweets. But fri,sat,sun I did not eat near enough for me for no other reason then I was busy and just did not get to it.
I am not 100% happy with that though and will get a complete physical anyway to be sure. Plus I am way over due for one.

Scott Jenkins 11-28-2012 07:45 AM

[url]http://70sbig.com/[/url]

Nothing new but I like reading how this guy writes things. Me and Williams are going to up our calories from today so join us.