CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Richard Vanmeerbeek 04-30-2008 11:23 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

Good job man :highfive: you earned that win, I wasn't hungry enough today, I'm glad I can rest tomorrow ! You won this round, won't happen this weekend :stir:

I need to see your technique on the push press and jerk, because this is not normal man ! You push press the same as you strict press, why is that ? Doesn't the hip drive help you lift more ?

Scott Jenkins 04-30-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek (Post 302280)
I need to see your technique on the push press and jerk, because this is not normal man ! You push press the same as you strict press, why is that ? Doesn't the hip drive help you lift more ?

Oh man!!! I almost left it out of my log through embarrassment!!:crybaby0:

Theres so much to do Richard and yes i do need to address the Push Press. It has got a lot better and my numbers yesterday was more down to me being very tired by the time i got to do them.

Thanks for the wake up call mate, and i hope to put in some decent numbers soon!!:highfive:

Richard Vanmeerbeek 05-01-2008 03:42 AM

You'll get it done in no time. Hip explosion buddy ! ^^

Man I'm so sore from yesterday, my thighs and hams are on fire. I might take an extra day off :D

Scott Jenkins 05-01-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek (Post 302703)
You'll get it done in no time. Hip explosion buddy ! ^^

Man I'm so sore from yesterday, my thighs and hams are on fire. I might take an extra day off :D

Yes im going to use today to do PUSH PRESS fresh and get at least 75k!!!:D

My legs dont ache much at all today Richard, it makes me worry that i went at it hard enough!!:shrug:

Scott Jenkins 05-01-2008 10:08 AM

Thursday 1st May 2008

PUSH PRESS 1-1-1-1-1
50K / 60K / 65K / 70K / 75k / 80Kf

WOD: 7 Rounds
95lb Sumo Deadlift High Pulls x 10 reps
Ring Dips x 10 reps = 8.51

Next i went back to Muscle Up practice and decided my wrist was ready to start doing them again. Completed 5 with no wrist pain. Some right elbow pain but nothing to bad. Could of done more but afraid of re-injury!! :D Good Rest day today

Richard Vanmeerbeek 05-01-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 302891)
Thursday 1st May 2008

PUSH PRESS 1-1-1-1-1
50K / 60K / 65K / 70K / 75k / 80Kf

WOD: 7 Rounds
95lb Sumo Deadlift High Pulls x 10 reps
Ring Dips x 10 reps = 8.51

Next i went back to Muscle Up practice and decided my wrist was ready to start doing them again. Completed 5 with no wrist pain. Some right elbow pain but nothing to bad. Could of done more but afraid of re-injury!! :D Good Rest day today

Man I hope to have your work capacity soon !

Push press is on :highfive: there you go, and I'm glad you can get back to the muscle-up work.

I want to do the Nate WOD soon, I hope it's coming up I never did it before. Or Eva would sound nice too for our battles :evilsmile

Richard Vanmeerbeek 05-02-2008 12:59 AM

Can't believe they put Murph for today ! I'm hiding from the WOD for an extra day, my legs are still ridiculous :D

I'll be on it tomorrow !

Scott Jenkins 05-02-2008 02:25 AM

Friday 2nd May 2008

MURPH

Run 1 miles
100 Pull-ups
200 Press-ups
300 Squats
Run 1 mile = 36.09:pepper:

I did not have a 20lb vest so i tried to tape some weights to my body but they kept falling off. Started again with no extra weight. Will make a vest tomorrow and repeat this probably Monday.

That was my first Murph Richard, Im not at my best in the morning but today i felt good. I partitioned the reps into this:-
10 rounds of: 10 Pull-ups - 20 press-ups - 30 squats.
It worked well that way as i did not have to break any of the sets, plenty of breathers in between them though. Glad that is over, enjoy tomorrow:rofl:

Richard Vanmeerbeek 05-02-2008 03:41 AM

Well that's a pretty good effort ! I did my one and only Murph in my first crossfit days and puked right after. Terrible lesson haha

36' is my benchmark for tomorrow then ^^

PS : the 1 Mile run was 1.6KM on the treadmill then ?

Scott Jenkins 05-02-2008 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek (Post 303305)

PS : the 1 Mile run was 1.6KM on the treadmill then ?

Yes Richard 1.60k , the first one is a lovely warmup, the OTHER ONE is hell.

I feel bad after seeing people wearing the 20lb vest:(