CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Anthony Mattox 06-02-2010 07:59 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

Nice workout Steve. Your time on the 5k was very good in my book! I have logged a lot of miles over the years, but still not a runner and my time would not have been much less. I'm impressed to say the least, but goes to show CF is a total workout. Great job on the deadlifts as well. You were really racking them out on that first round. After the "Nutts" workout, I drove home from the gym, all of a half mile or so, and thought I was going to have to pull over and get out and stretch. My back had really tensed up, but the inversion table took care of it and I survived. Glad you survived all of those as well. Dedication pays off. God bless!
Tony

Stephen R. Lampl 06-02-2010 08:14 PM

Tony,

Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. Iron definitely sharpens iron (in more ways than one! ;) ). I learned a long time ago to take extra time to warm up. I have been doing much better since I started arriving at the box a bit early and going for a walk/jog before class.

I love to run, but believe that God put my body together for purposes other than running. My biomechanics are so bad, the shoe salesman at Fleet Feet laughed and told me I had the worst foot falls he'd ever seen.....Oh well.

Blessings!

Anthony Mattox 06-03-2010 07:00 PM

Thanks Steve. I feel the leftovers today in my hamstrings and shoulders. Gym was too busy, so having to switch my rest day around, but I was busy wrangling firewood for several hours today anyway. Do I understand correctly that you're a fireman as well?
Tony

Benjamin R. Greene 06-03-2010 10:34 PM

Tough workouts lately, Stephen. Good work. I am doing my 5k on Saturday. I am hoping to finish between 25 and 26.5 minutes. Wish me luck. I haven't run one in years, either.

I love the four minute DL start to your WOD a few days ago. Brutal.

Stephen R. Lampl 06-04-2010 01:10 AM

[quote=Anthony Mattox;792420]Thanks Steve. I feel the leftovers today in my hamstrings and shoulders. Gym was too busy, so having to switch my rest day around, but I was busy wrangling firewood for several hours today anyway. Do I understand correctly that you're a fireman as well?
Tony[/quote]

Tony, you're welcome! Glad the inversion table works for you. Tried getting into one once.....I am such a klutz, I fell out. Glad stretching and good warmups do it for me most of the time!

I am actually a retired CA Highway Patrol Officer/Sergeant and previous EMT/volunteer fireman.

Blessings!

Stephen R. Lampl 06-04-2010 01:12 AM

[quote=Benjamin R. Greene;792466]Tough workouts lately, Stephen. Good work. I am doing my 5k on Saturday. I am hoping to finish between 25 and 26.5 minutes. Wish me luck. I haven't run one in years, either.

I love the four minute DL start to your WOD a few days ago. Brutal.[/quote]

Thank you, Ben! Best of luck on your 5K - - you should do well. I think as my posterior chain gets stronger, my times will drop. It almost feels like it's becoming a bit easier, though I still have to suck wind to get my speed up.

Thanks on the WOD too. I was surprised to say the least and think there really is a mind over matter component to these workouts!

Take care!

Stephen R. Lampl 06-04-2010 01:17 AM

[I][B]100603 REST DAY........Not!

WOD:[/B][/I]
GTG DVD-Rom and CD-Rom disk swapping, key tapping, and viewing the computer screen while I fixed my crashed laptop.

[B]Time: Approx. 9 hours. [/B][I]This is a PR for sure.......NEVER have spent so much continuous time trying to fix a [B]bleepin'[/B]computer....[/I]

Justin McGinley 06-04-2010 07:44 AM

Ouch. What happened to the laptop? (I do corporate IT support/consulting for the "day job" and nothing is ever as fast as it "should" be when fixing a computer.) Not a fun rest day. I hope all is well.

That Deadlift / HSPU workout is awesome! I might have to steal that one.

Sorry I haven't been checking in much. The past 2 months have been crazy busy with the wedding, honeymoon, the job, and opening the new affiliate. Life is good though.

How have you been doing?

Laurie Smith 06-04-2010 08:06 AM

Ugh, computers blow!! :(

Stephen R. Lampl 06-04-2010 12:54 PM

[quote=Laurie Smith;792639]Ugh, computers blow!! :([/quote]

Boy, do you have that right! Can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em.....

[quote=Justin McGinley;792612]Ouch. What happened to the laptop? (I do corporate IT support/consulting for the "day job" and nothing is ever as fast as it "should" be when fixing a computer.) Not a fun rest day. I hope all is well.

That Deadlift / HSPU workout is awesome! I might have to steal that one.

Sorry I haven't been checking in much. The past 2 months have been crazy busy with the wedding, honeymoon, the job, and opening the new affiliate. Life is good though.

How have you been doing?[/quote]

Hey Justin,

Thanks for stopping by! Laptop's OS (Windows Xp Pro) registry finally got corrupted enough that things started to stop working......couldn't load the scanner driver for my HP all in one, then couldn't load the print driver(s) at all, then system restore tanked.......but then again, I haven't done a thing with this laptop in the three + years I've had it. They say one should nuke the HDD and reload the OS on a Windows-based PC once every 6 mos to a year. I haven't done it at all, so I'm not too upset. Things are working well now.

Yup, the DL/HSPU WOD is a great couplet.....solid pull/push work to be sure. Curious how my CFT will go tomorrow; I've never felt as strong on DL density stuff as I do right now.

I'm surprised you accomplished so much in just two months....Sheesh!

And thanks, I'm doing well. Aside from a nasty, persistent respiratory infection and being a klutz (missed a stadium bleacher jump resulting in three stitches to my left shin), things are progressing well. CF Sonora's Grand Opening was last month (we've been in the box since Jan) and we're up to about 30 paying members. I'm not coaching/teaching yet - - still a bit lacking in my fundamentals for a couple of lifts and haven't had a chance to really get on-board as such with the lead trainer/owner.