CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Bill Hoogsteden 05-03-2010 02:56 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

[quote=Stephen R. Lampl;778146]Makes me feel better. I too started out about 20 or so myself. Amazing how quickly the numbers fall off......[/quote]

And even knee pushups don't help much!;)

[quote=Stephen R. Lampl;778146]That has to be really frustrating. Seems our "coach" is more interested that we fully open our hips rather than make the landing 100%, so long as we land safely.[/quote]

Amen to that! I was making sure I had my hips extended, but during the last round, my accuracy went south. I could only get reps when I started doing step ups. I think each coach focuses on different aspects of the exercises, depending on the weaknesses they see.

Stephen R. Lampl 05-03-2010 08:14 PM

[quote=William Hoogsteden;778440]Amen to that! I was making sure I had my hips extended, but during the last round, my accuracy went south. I could only get reps when I started doing step ups. I think each coach focuses on different aspects of the exercises, depending on the weaknesses they see.[/quote]

Good point, Bill. I had to do step-ups for a couple of rounds on the last box-jump WOD we did before I trashed my shin.

I simply find it amazing how much hip drive/extension and posterior chain strength plays in pretty much all aspects of the CrossFit modalities.

Stephen R. Lampl 05-03-2010 08:17 PM

[I][B]100503 MONDAY

Forced rest day - -
[/B]Shin injury got infected...back to the Dr. to get it checked.
[/I]

Stephen R. Lampl 05-04-2010 06:30 PM

[I][B]100504 TUESDAY

[/B]Took another rest day today. My left leg is still a bit swollen and infection remains, though it's getting better. Definitely need to ice it and let it rest, especially after a shift at work.....
[/I]

Stephen R. Lampl 05-05-2010 07:23 PM

[I][B]100505 WEDNESDAY

[/B][B]Warm-u[/B][/I]p:
1 mile "Indian" run (subbed 2,000m easy row: 8:20)
then 2 X:
20 DUs
10 Ab-Mat sit-ups
10 push-ups
10 pull-ups

[I][B]Strength WOD:
[/B][/I]Box Jump for max. height: [B]32" [/B][I](I didn't tweak or break anything either!).
then....[/I]
Snatch Balance for max. weight: [B]75# [/B][I](pretty ragged. Dumped the weight and worked on knocking out a few reps with decent form @ 45#).

NOTE: I need a TON of work on these and OHS.
Glad I worked out today. Swelling and discomfort in my left leg went DOWN after I rowed!
[/I]

Stephen R. Lampl 05-07-2010 12:13 AM

[I][B]1005006 THURSDAY - - REST DAY (Unplanned)

[/B]Not feeling at all well - - think the antibiotic is making me nauseous. Ended up getting a tetanus shot also, since I finally was able to ascertain my last one was at least 10 years ago......
[/I]

Marianne Urbanski 05-07-2010 02:48 AM

[quote=Stephen R. Lampl;780521][I][B]1005006 THURSDAY - - REST DAY (Unplanned)

[/B]Not feeling at all well - - think the antibiotic is making me nauseous. Ended up getting a tetanus shot also, since I finally was able to ascertain my last one was at least 10 years ago......
[/I][/quote]
Hope you are feeling better Steve.... I tell my patients to be sure to eat yogurt when on antibiotics.. (I don't know if you are "no dairy" or not...) , esp "Activa", which has proven better (more) active cultures to help the stomach upset from the antibiotic... also, make sure to drink a LARGE glass of water with the pill.. this tricks the stomach to emptying and you won't get that nausea..
Good luck and I hope the infection is clearing up soon!!
(how did you get it?)

Stephen R. Lampl 05-07-2010 03:08 PM

[quote=Marianne Urbanski;780539]Hope you are feeling better Steve.... I tell my patients to be sure to eat yogurt when on antibiotics.. (I don't know if you are "no dairy" or not...) , esp "Activa", which has proven better (more) active cultures to help the stomach upset from the antibiotic... also, make sure to drink a LARGE glass of water with the pill.. this tricks the stomach to emptying and you won't get that nausea..
Good luck and I hope the infection is clearing up soon!!
(how did you get it?)[/quote]

Thank you, Marianne! I am feeling better - - tried your suggestion and Voila! No nausea. Infection is looking a lot better also. I got it (do I have to admit it?) after having to have stitches in my left shin - - I missed a jump while doing our outdoor WOD on Saturday jumping the H. S. stadium bleachers......

Stephen R. Lampl 05-07-2010 03:21 PM

[I][B]100507 FRIDAY

[/B]Feeling better today....

[B]Warm-up:
[/B][/I]800m Run (started, but stopped due to pulling on the stitches)
250m Row
20 DUs
20 Push-ups
30 second hold Samson stretch

[I][B]WOD: Shilo's Birthday Workout:[/B][/I] [I][B]4 Rounds for Time of:[/B][/I]7 Burpee/Box-jumps
7 Knees to Elbows
7 Kettlebell Swings (1.5 Pood)
7 Pull-ups
[I][B]TIME: 14:02[/B][/I]

Nancy Cohen 05-07-2010 04:55 PM

OMG...I can't believe your injury got infected. ugh. Hope that's clearing up.

How are your double unders? Seems like so many of us have struggled with those. I can still only do single-double-single-double. Can't get 2 doubles in a row.