CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Mat Frankel 04-02-2009 07:46 AM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

The 2 day period is great. Worked out good for the first two days this week and am on the second round of it. When I think of them as rounds they go by much faster, anyone else the same?

It's not that I wont eat suger today, it's that I don't need to eat sugar today. It slows me down and i feel like sh*t after...except for cheat days. i just feel full after those

Pete Mielo 04-02-2009 08:04 PM

Amber/All, it's been awhile. My son was in the hospital for 4 days (staph infection swelled his eye shut) and been busy as hell at FT Drum. Was hard to stay NG/NS eating at the hospital cafeteria but I managed for the most part. Doing decent otherwise but still have my days when I just grab a sub for lunch or a breakfast sandwich if I'm pressed for time. I even cut out the flavored creamer in my coffee and am back to drinking it black!

Still tough staying away from the various cookies, etc. that seem to be EVERYWHERE in my life though! :ranting2:

Brett Dartt 04-02-2009 09:58 PM

the only bad thing i had today was a big bowl of raisin bran for dinner. raisin bran is bad right? that just sounds weird. is bran bad?:confused:

Jay Cohen 04-03-2009 04:58 AM

[QUOTE=Brett Dartt;557749]the only bad thing i had today was a big bowl of raisin bran for dinner. raisin bran is bad right? that just sounds weird. is bran bad?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Bran it's self isn't bad, but packaged, process crap being passed off as healthy food is total crap.
How can you purchase a product that's loaded with chemicals/sugars, package costs more then the crap in the box, and think it's food and good for your body???????????

Oatmeal is the call if you need a grain.

I hope you got a Toy with your Happy Meal...........

Jack Stetson 04-03-2009 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=Jay Cohen;557823]

Oatmeal is the call if you need a grain.

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, if only we knew now what they knew then...

[QUOTE]Definition of "oats": "A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland appears to support the people."

--Dr. Johnson: A Dictionary Of The English Language.[/QUOTE]

I used to love oatmeal...until I gave up grains. :D

Jay Cohen 04-03-2009 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=Jack Stetson;557995]Ahh, if only we knew now what they knew then...

I used to love oatmeal...until I gave up grains. :D[/QUOTE]

Agree Jack. I use to eat oatmeal by the lb, haven't touched it in years. Now I'm working Carbs out of my diet, including fruit and veggies.

Rachel Canning 04-03-2009 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=Jay Cohen;558183]Agree Jack. I use to eat oatmeal by the lb, haven't touched it in years. Now I'm working Carbs out of my diet, including fruit and veggies.[/QUOTE]

Wait, why would you not want to eat fruits and veggies? They are the best source for vitamins and minerals.....right?

Jay Cohen 04-03-2009 04:00 PM

[QUOTE=Rachel Canning;558186]Wait, why would you not want to eat fruits and veggies? They are the best source for vitamins and minerals.....right?[/QUOTE]

Rachel;

No doubt your correct, but I'm tending toward low carb, very load GI and GL foods, so I'll toss in a cup of broccoli or some sauerkraut post workout, then skip carbs for dinner, or very few.
I'm not doing alot of Metcon right now and I IF through breakfast. Check out my Fitday log, but my Macro's are around 53%F, 37%P less then 10%carbs. I'm following the PP program, numbers are going up, now I do have to start working in some sprint work, and I might increase carbs PWO, we'll see how I feel.

I'm not anti fruit-veggies, I've just cut back on intake, prefer fat and protein.

Obviously that won't work for everyone, but that's fine, as long as it works for ME.

Eat clean, no processed foods, buy local, I really don't sweat the Vit/Mineral stuff.

Max Lambert 04-03-2009 04:09 PM

Hey Jay could you keep us updated on your diet. I'm decently low carb (less than 30grams a day) and have been for about 7 months now. I am curious to see how you do that low.

Maybe something to toy with myself

Jay Cohen 04-03-2009 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=Max Lambert;558236]Hey Jay could you keep us updated on your diet. I'm decently low carb (less than 30grams a day) and have been for about 7 months now. I am curious to see how you do that low.

Maybe something to toy with myself[/QUOTE]

Max, you're further along then me. I was doing SS for year, on off the milk, plus was eating considerably more carbs, but last two months or so, just drifted away from them along with the occasional sweet binge, now, I see sweets, I think, no way, liking the low carb feeling way to much.

Let's stay in touch, either via boards or PM.

BTW, cool bird.

Jay