CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Laura Kurth 03-17-2009 06:05 AM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

well if you are doing 'no sugar' then unless the chocolate is unsweetened, yes it counts as sugar.

But 85% has only 5g sugar per serving, that's just fine with me!

(but I also eat bread :rofl: )

Amber Mathwig 03-17-2009 06:38 AM

No sweets yesterday, will not have sweets today.

Busy day.

Mat Frankel 03-17-2009 06:49 AM

Nothing sweet yesterday and going to do the same today. Whaaat up!

Mike Kerce 03-17-2009 06:54 AM

hello all,

just wanted to introduce myself as i'm sure this thread will be very helpful for me. I started crossfit last week and started paleo yesterday. So far it's going well except i'm trying to cut caffiene and that's been tough, but i think it'll only probably last a few days. anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. any tips or recommendations for a newbie? thanks!

Brian Bedell 03-17-2009 07:19 AM

One whole day in a row!

Mike Kerce 03-17-2009 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=Brian Bedell;543117]One whole day in a row![/QUOTE]

exactly! hey, gotta start somewhere.

Renee Lee 03-17-2009 09:15 AM

[QUOTE=Mike Kerce;543094]hello all,

just wanted to introduce myself as i'm sure this thread will be very helpful for me. I started CrossFit last week and started paleo yesterday. So far it's going well except i'm trying to cut caffiene and that's been tough, but i think it'll only probably last a few days. anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. [B] any tips or recommendations for a newbie? [/B] thanks![/QUOTE]

throw the non paleo stuff out, or get it out of sight.

i'm the only one in my house that's paleo, so trying to stay away from the special K if my mother leaves it out is hopeless. (ps, i love special K). there are some other things too that if they're in the house, i'll chow down on them to "get rid of them." (lobster ravioli from this weekend, anybody?)

the rationale makes little to no sense, but...whatever. but we've had GS cookies in the cabinet for weeks and i haven't touched a single one!!!!

[SIZE="1"]they don't exist...they don't exist...they don't exist...[/SIZE]

Mike Kerce 03-17-2009 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=Renee Lee;543209]throw the non paleo stuff out, or get it out of sight.

i'm the only one in my house that's paleo, so trying to stay away from the special K if my mother leaves it out is hopeless. (ps, i love special K). there are some other things too that if they're in the house, i'll chow down on them to "get rid of them." (lobster ravioli from this weekend, anybody?)

the rationale makes little to no sense, but...whatever. but we've had GS cookies in the cabinet for weeks and i haven't touched a single one!!!!

[SIZE="1"]they don't exist...they don't exist...they don't exist...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

thanks - i appreciate the advice! my wife is dieting but not really going all the way paleo like me, so i can't get rid of everything, but my willpower is pretty solid at home...it's out - like at restaurants and gatherings - that my will turns to mush. nevertheless, i'll get rid of everything i can. thanks again!

Amber Mathwig 03-17-2009 04:42 PM

Mike - If you offer to do the cooking, I'm sure she won't have a problem with what you buy for groceries ;) . Restaurants - a good restaurant will have no issue with you piecing together a meal based on their menu, the chef may even enjoy a challenge. A small fee is likely. If they refuse - I'd leave the restaurant. As for gatherings - bring a dish you know you will eat.

Renee - GS cookies are evil! :smiley_ev

Brian - welcome back :D

Going to sleep soon. No desserts today. Although I definitly wanted a cookie. Instead, I emailed Renee, made some tea (blueberry, quite delish) and ate banana(s).

[SIZE="1"]Bananas are quite rare here in Baghdad. You never know when they are going to show up. People stuff their cargo pockets full of them. Some of my most exciting days are banana days.[/SIZE]

Michael Ricketts 03-17-2009 05:12 PM

Did ok yesterday, or at least I thought so until... My wife was reading the back of the Bacon package and revealed to me that my Bacon had added sugar!! Aaaghh!

Now back on track, No sugars today. (Even Bacon sugar)

BTW Amber, I know exactly what you are talking about, in Al Asad we used get excited anytime there was bananas. One day there was watermelon. We still talk about that day...