CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 08-06-2010 11:41 AM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Rested yesterday and could feel those lunges all over the place !

A little sore and beat up today:

ASWOD:
BS 3X5 225 (story below)
BP 3X5 160 (felt good)
3X10 GHRs got a way good rig set up for these now

DWOD:
21-15-9
RT DB snatch 35 lbs
LT DB snatch 35 lbs
Toes to Bar

8:10

The story on my squat: my knees were getting sore and I was only feeling it in my legs and after careful review and watching some vids I decided that my knees were sliding forward and I needed to get some hip drive. I tried my work set at 275 and did 3 tough reps but it was hard to push and to focus on technique. So I dropped to 225 and got all three sets in with good reps and I could feel it in my glutes and hamstrings. This should do a couple things. I should be able to progress my squat and it'll help my deadlift as well. So a breakthrough ! Yeah hopefully this also alleviates the pain in my knees as well. Did a much better set up for GHRs today, put a bar to the bottom of squat rack and put weight on, hooked feet and viola ! GHR is ready to go ! Saved some money there as well.

Jason A Smith 08-07-2010 09:38 PM

Today:

Power Snatch
8X1 @ 130 lbs

That is all, I went to warm up and do my 8X2 plus my DWOD but it just wasn't going to happen. I just about blacked out doing the snatches as well and tweaked my neck a little. Hopefully feeling better tomorrow. I may try to work handstand and do some ring pull ups to make up for missing today. Just about time for sleep. On a positive note 130 is 5 lbs shy of my PR and done for 8 singles. I video'd and I need to get more speed to get under the bar.

Jason A Smith 08-10-2010 09:46 PM

Well.....I boogied up my upper back/shoulder blades doing power snatches so I took it easy on Sunday. And yesterday was a rest day.

Today, possibly against my better judgment:

ASWOD:
BS 3X5 235
OHP 2X5 112.5

DWOD:
6 rounds for time
10 KBS 24kg
15 T2B
20 DU's

14:18

Happy with my squats today, my form is looking much better, still need more hip drive but I feel it in my hammies and butt still, so good. My right shoulder is holding back my press, so I shall phone my PT tomorrow and make and appointment. I would love to get closer to a BW press towards the end of the year at least add 15 more lbs for a 150 and like to get my sets to 135 at least. I think my squats and DL will go up nicely now that I have some form issues worked out.

Jason A Smith 08-12-2010 05:37 PM

Took yesterday as a rest day, neck still feeling it.

Today:
ASWOD:
3 X max pull ups 12/12/10 (+2 from last time !)

DWOD:
10 rounds for time
3 DLs 255
5 clapping push ups
7 sit ups
8:36

Couple things; I have an appointment with the PT tomorrow ! I likely could've gone at least 10 lbs heavier (RX'd was 315 that is what I should be doing !) and I should've rigged it up and done GHDs as Rx'd...next time. I am sure I'll have a chance soon enough again.

Jason A Smith 08-13-2010 11:27 AM

Today:

ASWOD:
BS 3X5 240

DWOD:
"The Volkswagen"
21-15-9
Bench Press @ BW (Scaled to 90%)
Pull ups
10:32

Squats felt good today, sets were relatively quick and easy. A little slow as I am thinking about form all the time. Did "The Volkswagen" heavier and a little slower than last time. The pull up bar is a little too low (it'll get fixed) so that may have slowed me down. The set of 15 was by far the worst on the bench. Hopefully will go s Rx'd next time as my bench keeps going up. Off to see someone about my shoulder today, hopefully on my way to being 100% in the next month or so which would be nice for a change.

Jason A Smith 08-14-2010 01:33 PM

Today:

ASWOD:
20 min gymnastics skill
6 min L-sit 20s on 40s off
10 min muscle up practice with Mrs. Smith did a couple as well as lots of progressions
4 min planche progressions about 10s X 4 of frog squat
3 X max handstand hold about 20s each with most of it freestanding I should do 3 X 90s against the wall later as well

DWOD:
9 cleans - 155
20 X 10 m shuttle
6 cleans - 155
10 X 10 m shuttle
3 cleans - 155
5 X 10 m shuttle
5:23

Supposed to have been C & J but I am taking a break from OH work until next week to let my shoulder heal up a bit. I have some damage to my deltoid so will be stretching and icing as needed. I really enjoyed the gymnastics skills work, a nice break from the heavy lifting. Rest day tomorrow and then will hit it M,T,W rest TH and hit up CFW on Fri with Leah

Jason A Smith 08-16-2010 06:22 PM

Rested yesterday, today:

ASWOD:
BS 3X5 245
no presses, except a couple light sets

DWOD:
AMRAP in 15 min
10 Supine Ring Pull ups
10 True Push ups
10 rounds on the dot

I suck at SRPUs, time to eat.

Jason A Smith 08-17-2010 05:21 PM

Today:

ASWOD:
3 X max strict pull ups 12/10/8 (sucky)

DWOD:
5 rounds for time
20 yard bear crawl
5 Deadlifts 255
10 burpees
10:40

It was the deadlifts that slowed me down the most. I am not much for high rep DLing. Not sure why this is as my 5RM is about 335 or so and my 1RM is 355. I may look into doing a couple of 6 week cycles of CFSB to correct this but not sure if it will help. I will look into it further as I know you do high reps of the lifts which may help my muscle endurance for this very sort of thing. BTW Rx'd weight was 315 so I scaled 80%, I was hoping more around 85-90%. Next time a WOD with 315 comes I will do 265 I guess and see how it goes.

Jason A Smith 08-18-2010 07:34 PM

Today (supposed to be a rest day but travelling tomorrow)

ASWOD:
Squat 3X5 250
Bench 3X5 165

DWOD:
21-15-9
Push Jerk 115
KB swings 1.5 pood
supermans (sub for back extension)
12:26

Most of this time was spent push jerking after the first 10. My OH strength as has been discussed....sucks ! Happy with the squats and bench tonight both felt really good. Had my shoulder worked on today and closed my grip on the bench up as well which seems to have helped a bit. Looking forward to resting tomorrow and seeing all my girls !

Jason A Smith 08-20-2010 09:57 AM

Today @ CFW

Front Squats 10 X 2 @ 235 rest 3 min

2 Rounds
50 DUs
20 K2E
2:33

Never done heavy front squats before so I guessed at what it would be and went about 90%. Likely could have gone a wee bit heavier. Conditioning was fast happy with time, maybe should have done 3 rounds.