CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CrossFit - France Anyone?! (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=30809)

Joshua K. Brooks 04-22-2008 12:35 PM

CrossFit - France Anyone?!

Howdy!

I'm a local Crossfitter here in College Station, Texas but I will be doing a study abroad this summer in Strasbourg, France. Just wondering if there was anyone there that happened to do it as well that way I could join you for about 5 weeks!

I would really appreciate it....

Gig 'em,

-Josh '08

Joshua K. Brooks 04-25-2008 07:20 AM

Re: CrossFit - France Anyone?!

Dang... bump.

David Wood 04-25-2008 07:29 AM

Try Switzerland or Germany (Strasbourg is practically German, nein?)

Seriously, there are folks in Zurich that I know of, and Frankfurt. We don't seem to have too many kool-aid drinkers in France.

Joshua K. Brooks 05-02-2008 09:53 AM

Ok I'll check it out... but I'll have to see how far away that is. Not like I can just jump in my car and head over. :)

Gant Grimes 05-02-2008 09:57 AM

A cross-fitting Texas Aggie in France. This is going to be fun.

Phil Moncel 05-03-2008 12:56 AM

[QUOTE=Joshua K. Brooks;296965]Howdy!

I'm a local Crossfitter here in College Station, Texas but I will be doing a study abroad this summer in Strasbourg, France. Just wondering if there was anyone there that happened to do it as well that way I could join you for about 5 weeks!

I would really appreciate it....

Gig 'em,

-Josh '08[/QUOTE]

Hey Josh,

Unless you luck out and some CFers have moved to France in the past year, I am sorry to say that you are SOL!

I am French and lived in France from 2002 to 2007 and CF is not on the radar there. The whole idea of functional training is not on the radar. KBs might as well be objects left behind by aliens, you can't find rings... a nightmare!

There is some CF activity in Germany (search posts for 'Germany'). Strasbourg is very close to Germany, pretty much on the border. With any luck you'll find some CFers close to you there.

I am in Switzerland now, not far from Geneva, which is a ways away, but if you are in my area at some point, let me know.

In German-speaking Switzerland, closer to Strasbourg than Geneva, there are CF guys in Basel (Bale in French) and Zurich. You might want to look into that too for a w-e of Crossfit. You can find them on this board as well.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Phil

Joshua K. Brooks 05-20-2008 07:06 AM

[QUOTE=Phil Moncel;303838]Hey Josh,

Unless you luck out and some CFers have moved to France in the past year, I am sorry to say that you are SOL!

I am French and lived in France from 2002 to 2007 and CF is not on the radar there. The whole idea of functional training is not on the radar. KBs might as well be objects left behind by aliens, you can't find rings... a nightmare!

There is some CF activity in Germany (search posts for 'Germany'). Strasbourg is very close to Germany, pretty much on the border. With any luck you'll find some CFers close to you there.

I am in Switzerland now, not far from Geneva, which is a ways away, but if you are in my area at some point, let me know.

In German-speaking Switzerland, closer to Strasbourg than Geneva, there are CF guys in Basel (Bale in French) and Zurich. You might want to look into that too for a w-e of Crossfit. You can find them on this board as well.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Phil[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I'll bookmark this and see what I can find. Maybe I could get lucky and find something in Kehl.

[quote]A cross-fitting Texas Aggie in France. This is going to be fun.[/quote]

What does that mean?

Noah Nuer 07-03-2009 05:41 PM

I'm new to Cross Fit but I really enjoy it. I'm French born and raise, and I've been living in California for the past 10 years.

However I'm going to move back to Paris. So where is the conversation at about around Cross Fit and Paris?

Thanks,
-Noah