CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 01-07-2009 10:36 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Brady Herrin;487038]Suck it up, Nik!

We should do a 5k today.[/QUOTE]

Rain check? I'm pretty sore today.

Nik Nichols 01-07-2009 11:53 AM

Ok this is them back rehab mess.

Back levers 3 reps for as long as I could hold them as far as I could hold them.
10reps shoulder press with 85lbs second round 95lbs 3rd round 85lbs
10 reps front squat 85 then 95lbs for the last two rounds

3 sets 10 dips
50situps with 25lbs.

Thanks Chuch on the levers, the back ones did help.

Nik Nichols 01-08-2009 11:33 AM

Ten rounds for time of:
3 Weighted Pull-ups, 45 pounds
5 Strict Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-up

time 15:15

rounds 33

I started off with a 40lbs bell(bigest we have)

I couldnt pull it up at round 4 and used a 35lbs bell
round 5 used a 25 bell
round 6 through 10 I used 20 lbs.

This was a joke, my back is still a little sore but it didn't hinder the WOD, I just sucked.

oh I did 50 weighted situps with 25lbs for my back, 3 sets 10 front squats with 95lbs for my back. I may just stop working out all together till my back iss fine, what a waste.

Thank you, and good night!!:censored:

Scott Jenkins 01-08-2009 11:55 AM

Great time Nik and less sets than me also, good work.

High Box jumps are really good for explosive power if you want to leave that injury totally alone, maybe 4 x 400m with 50 box jumps per round for tomorrow to give the upper back injury a rest. The injury was originally done by sleeping wrong which makes me think you have trapped a nerve or something, I am not an expert though just a man who has had many injuries.

Vanessa Sisson 01-08-2009 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;488161]Ten rounds for time of:
3 Weighted Pull-ups, 45 pounds
5 Strict Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-up

time 15:15

rounds 33

I started off with a 40lbs bell(bigest we have)

I couldnt pull it up at round 4 and used a 35lbs bell
round 5 used a 25 bell
round 6 through 10 I used 20 lbs.

This was a joke, my back is still a little sore but it didn't hinder the WOD, I just sucked.

oh I did 50 weighted situps with 25lbs for my back, 3 sets 10 front squats with 95lbs for my back. I may just stop working out all together till my back iss fine, what a waste.

Thank you, and good night!!:censored:[/QUOTE]
Nik, cut yourself some slack, dude!

When you say 33 rounds what do you mean? Did you have to drop off the bar at any point before your set was through?

Melissa Whittle 01-08-2009 01:06 PM

[quote=Vanessa Sisson;488184]Nik, cut yourself some slack, dude!
[/quote]

:yeahthat: I like the way you went as heavy as you could and then dropped the weight down as needed. IMHO, it's better to be aggressive and fry your muscles than get through the WOD and think "I should have used more weight". Looking around people's logs today, it seems like this WOD is surprising a lot of people with how tough it is. I am so impressed by anyone who can do weighted pull-ups at all, much less the kind of weight you were using.

Way to get it done! :highfive:

Nik Nichols 01-08-2009 02:49 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;488179]Great time Nik and less sets than me also, good work.

High Box jumps are really good for explosive power if you want to leave that injury totally alone, maybe 4 x 400m with 50 box jumps per round for tomorrow to give the upper back injury a rest. The injury was originally done by sleeping wrong which makes me think you have trapped a nerve or something, I am not an expert though just a man who has had many injuries.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Vanessa Sisson;488184]Nik, cut yourself some slack, dude!

When you say 33 rounds what do you mean? Did you have to drop off the bar at any point before your set was through?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Melissa Whittle;488223]:yeahthat: I like the way you went as heavy as you could and then dropped the weight down as needed. IMHO, it's better to be aggressive and fry your muscles than get through the WOD and think "I should have used more weight". Looking around people's logs today, it seems like this WOD is surprising a lot of people with how tough it is. I am so impressed by anyone who can do weighted pull-ups at all, much less the kind of weight you were using.

Way to get it done! :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the good works, I'm just a little frustrated at the moment.

Charles Bennington 01-08-2009 07:22 PM

Do you have a foam roller or some tennis balls in a sock?

Nik Nichols 01-09-2009 07:21 AM

[QUOTE=Charles Bennington;488557]Do you have a foam roller or some tennis balls in a sock?[/QUOTE]

Ish, I made a foam roller the otherday, you should see me rolling arround on the ground!!!

I got my new snazzy new bed with the memory foam last night. It didn't make my back worse, which is what my old one is doing. I feel ok, just a little soreness. I will be doing the front squats today, they help my back strech out.

I will be big on form(duh) and weight will not be the focus, I will go as far as I can.

Oh Chuck, the back levers do help. All though I think I popped some capilarys(sp?) in my eyelids from strain!!:rofl:

Nick Harris 01-09-2009 07:45 AM

Great job on the workout Nik, it was a tough one.