CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (
-   Workout Logs (
-   -   Experimenting with CFSB (

Jorge Montesinos 01-25-2010 06:37 PM

Experimenting with CFSB
gonna try cfsb. been crossfitting for only 3 months.i know i know its mentioned for only advanced or intermediate crossfitters, but i dont think im a complete newbie. I already have a 1000 cft but i want to get stronger as well as improve my metcon. As for my diet, im like i would say 60% paleo, the other 40% usually contains almond butter, turkey deli, whey protein pre-workout and pwo, as well as white rice after my training.Im going to incorporate dairy into my diet too, milk and cheese so Ill see how it goes.

here are my stats

shoulder press=165

i will be picking my metcons with the either mainpage or one of the heavy metcons on the hybrid metcon sticky.

so lets get some!!

Back squat

then did a metcon

3 reps of155lb anyoverhead press (push press split jerk)
10 burpees


man those presses felt like 200 after doing burpees.

Jorge Montesinos 01-26-2010 06:50 PM

Re: Experimenting with CFSB
Deadlift 3x3
415 pr

1x15-20 reps
255 17 reps


5 rounds for time:
10 ring dips
10 db swings 70lbs
50 singles jump rope


Jorge Montesinos 01-28-2010 07:25 PM

Re: Experimenting with CFSB
1/27/10- rest day


bench press 3x5 sets across

amrap in 20 minutes
run 200 meters (treadmill)
5 hang power clean (105lbs)
10 pushups (with 2 chains wrapped around neck and hands holding dbs)
15 box jumps 17'

8 rounds + 5 hc + 10 PU + 5 BJ

Jorge Montesinos 01-29-2010 06:28 PM

Re: Experimenting with CFSB
Front Squat 5x3- only did 4 sets. hit a pr for the 4th set

back squat 1x12-15 reps - 225lbs did 20 reps.

w.o.d. with continous clock do one pullup the first minute 2 pullups the second minute 3 pullups the 3rd minute etc etc

stopped at 8 minutes.

Jorge Montesinos 01-30-2010 04:22 PM

Re: Experimenting with CFSB
shoulder press 5x3
145f hit 4 reps

forgot to do one of the protocols of 10-7-4 or 12-15 reps

tried to make my own workout. got a few ideas and was lurking around other peoples logs and i found a good one

400m run
33 power snatches 75lbs
33 v-ups
Farmers walk 200 yds
33 pushups
33 SDLHP 75lbs
33 wall ball 25lbs
33 back extensions (only have the 45 degree angle at my gym)
run 400 meters


Marcus Allen 01-30-2010 06:36 PM

Re: Experimenting with CFSB
Nice work on the CFSB Jorge! It worked wonders for me so keep it up.

If you seem to have trouble recovering, shorten up all the metcons to sub 10min and see if it helps.

You seem pretty fit already though so it may not even be a problem.

Jorge Montesinos 01-31-2010 11:15 AM

Re: Experimenting with CFSB
Thanks Marcus! Eventually I'll cut down the metcon time as the weeks go by but since its the first week I feel good, no soreness or anything. Its a rest day today so I should be good to go for tomorrow's training.

Michael Zoda 01-31-2010 11:55 AM

Re: Experimenting with CFSB
NICE JOB! im assuming your doing a 2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off? And your doing a heavy compound lift every workout?

I was considering starting this routine as well. I noticed you dropped the high rep sets stated in the cfsb article for longer metcons. I like this idea especially for myself since i really need to make my benchmark times better.

Anyways BEST OF LUCK WITH IT! im gonna be trying something like this myself =) im trying to lean out while maintaining as much strength as possible (im eating a caloric deficit so well see how it goes!)

Jorge Montesinos 01-31-2010 12:57 PM

Re: Experimenting with CFSB
yes Mike, I do a Heavy lift every workout. I included the bench press on thurs before a 20 min metcon. Other than that, Im following the cfsb template as close as possible which is also 2 on 1 off 3 on 1off.. Good luck to you as well!

Jorge Montesinos 02-01-2010 05:19 PM

Re: Experimenting with CFSB
Back Squat 5x3

metcon (courtesy of Crossfit Unlimited)

3 rounds for time.
8 box jumps
6 push presses 135lbs
5 pullups
3 Db swings 70lbs
rest for 3 minutes and repeat the cycle for another 3 rounds

1st cycle- 2:34
2nd cycle- 3:21- time slowed me up cause somebody put my db back on the rack.

wanted to do one more cycle but gym was getting more crowded so stopped and called it a day to get ready for deadlifts tomorrow.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 AM.

CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.