CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Brian Bedell 03-17-2009 06:58 PM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Thanks Amber, day two (in a row) for me.

Was going to comment on my gf eating carrot cake in bed last night, and ice cream today, but I'd betta not...

Michael Ricketts 03-17-2009 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=Brian Bedell;543828]Thanks Amber, day two (in a row) for me.

Was going to comment on my gf eating carrot cake in bed last night, and ice cream today, but I'd betta not...[/QUOTE]

My wife was eating some frozen yogart last night :censored:

I know your pain!

Mat Frankel 03-18-2009 04:55 AM

Ok quick clarification: suger we are talkign about = not naturally occuring, right?

No sugar yesterday, definitely a harder day. Big green bagels sitting in the kitchen at work where I have to fill up my water, saw them maybe 6x. Just kept thinking about the rest of us doing the same thing. 2 days in a row, no sugar today.

Amber Mathwig 03-18-2009 05:29 AM

Michael - don't you hate that? I'm sure there is some grassfed nitrate/sugar free bacon SOMEWHERE on Oki? Keep up the good work!

Brian - :p

Mat - Yes. Naturally occuring sugars are ok. In fact, since this is your own challenge - you decide the parameters of it. I.E. If Michael wants to keep eating bacon and the only stuff he can find has sugar in it, well then he accepts that and moves on.

I [B]AM NOT[/B] going to eat desserts today.

I'm also procrastinating on getting to work, but maybe I should go because I'm very hungry right now.

Renee Lee 03-18-2009 05:35 AM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;544036]Michael - don't you hate that? I'm sure there is some grassfed nitrate/sugar free bacon SOMEWHERE on Oki? Keep up the good work!

Brian - :p

Mat - Yes. Naturally occuring sugars are ok. In fact, since this is your own challenge - you decide the parameters of it. I.E. If Michael wants to keep eating bacon and the only stuff he can find has sugar in it, well then he accepts that and moves on.
[B]
I [B]AM NOT[/B] going to eat desserts today. [/B]

I'm also procrastinating on getting to work, but maybe I should go because I'm very hungry right now.[/QUOTE]

you're missing the second part of your statement there...DID YOU HAVE THE COOKIE YESTERDAY?!!!

Amber Mathwig 03-18-2009 06:11 AM

[QUOTE=Renee Lee;544038]you're missing the second part of your statement there...DID YOU HAVE THE COOKIE YESTERDAY?!!![/QUOTE]

No ma'am, see, right here:

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;543670]Mike - If you offer to do the cooking, I'm sure she won't have a problem with what you buy for groceries ;) . Restaurants - a good restaurant will have no issue with you piecing together a meal based on their menu, the chef may even enjoy a challenge. A small fee is likely. If they refuse - I'd leave the restaurant. As for gatherings - bring a dish you know you will eat.

Renee - GS cookies are evil! :smiley_ev

Brian - welcome back :D

Going to sleep soon. No desserts today. Although I definitly wanted a cookie. Instead, I emailed Renee, made some tea (blueberry, quite delish) and ate banana(s).

[SIZE="1"]Bananas are quite rare here in Baghdad. You never know when they are going to show up. People stuff their cargo pockets full of them. Some of my most exciting days are banana days.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Renee needs her post Murph nap [/SIZE]:cool:

Renee Lee 03-18-2009 06:46 AM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;544050]No ma'am, see, right here:

[SIZE="1"]Renee needs her post Murph nap [/SIZE]:cool:[/QUOTE]

ugh...seriously.

but you didn't start your day with the, "i didn't eat sweets yesterday" part

so i was just checking!

Amber Mathwig 03-18-2009 03:26 PM

Going to head to bed soon...no sweets today! Although I definitly wanted them...instead I ate copious amounts of protein. :D

Next up - no more peanut butter packets from the chow hall.

We're out of bananas again :(

Michael Ricketts 03-19-2009 02:36 AM

No sweets today, I am exhausted though. I was a role player in an anti-terrorism exercise and spent the whole being "stalked" by base security. It was hard work.

Also they kept referring to me as the [I][B]large[/B][/I] white male suspect. My optimistic side is hoping that name was because Starting Strength payed off! [SIZE="1"](If not then my ego is really gonna take a hit on this one!)[/SIZE]

Amber Mathwig 03-19-2009 03:19 AM

[QUOTE=Michael Ricketts;545031]No sweets today, I am exhausted though. I was a role player in an anti-terrorism exercise and spent the whole being "stalked" by base security. It was hard work.

Also they kept referring to me as the [I][B]large[/B][/I] white male suspect. My optimistic side is hoping that name was because Starting Strength payed off! [SIZE="1"](If not then my ego is really gonna take a hit on this one!)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

You're a good man, Michael. I AM base security and I don't even want to play those games. Hehe. I think they confused large and buff like with plain old large. :D

I am NOT going to eat sweets today.