CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Murray Birch 03-15-2009 03:43 PM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Way too many sweets for me today. I tend to relax a little on the weekends, but today was a little out of control for some reason.
Back on the wagon tomorrow for me.

Michael Ricketts 03-15-2009 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;541170]
Yay! Thanks, Michael! I'm going to post twice a day - once in the morning to say "I am NOT going to eat sweets today" and once at bedtime to say "I DID NOT eat sweets today."[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan, My days are backwards from everyone else's being in Japan and all, so...

I am NOT gonna eat sweets today! :)

Rachel Canning 03-15-2009 07:30 PM

Amber, I so want to do the 21 day no sweets challenge with you but my hubby and I are in the process of PCSing and I know while driving I will be tempted by sweets and grains. It's hard when you are traveling and you can't make your own food. Granted, I have loaded the cooler with healthy snacks but it doesn't help that I ate two fat brownies today! We leave tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Samantha Aurelio 03-15-2009 08:29 PM

This weekend was terrible... I went skiing with a friend and a friend's family. I ate so much wheat and sugar it's gross. I haven't eaten such ****ty food in ....GOD I can't even remember. Now I feel like I total fat ***. Thankfully I started AD and this weekend was my "carb load" but I'm never doing that again. I have a hard enough time accepting my weight... now I just feel like a fat *** :(

back to >30g carbs tomorrow

Amber Mathwig 03-16-2009 02:30 AM

Good morning, Michael! I am NOT going to eat sweets today. :)

Rachel - I understand, getting ready to do my own coast to coast PCS next month. Keep that cooler stocked, and if you have a few minutes before you leave, get a couple grocery stores in mind to stop at (I'm only stopping in cities with Whole Foods!). You'll be better off in the end as far as safe driving goes.

Sam - you swear? Oh goodness, you must be feeling bad. Chin up, get back on track, hope you enjoyed the weekend otherwise.

Michael Ricketts 03-16-2009 06:13 AM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;542143]Good morning, Michael! I am NOT going to eat sweets today. :)

Rachel - I understand, getting ready to do my own coast to coast PCS next month. Keep that cooler stocked, and if you have a few minutes before you leave, get a couple grocery stores in mind to stop at (I'm only stopping in cities with Whole Foods!). You'll be better off in the end as far as safe driving goes.

Sam - you swear? Oh goodness, you must be feeling bad. Chin up, get back on track, hope you enjoyed the weekend otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I am headed off to bed now, so Good evening Amber!! I didn't eat any sweets today!

Good luck Rachel PCS is always a stressful event! I am not looking forward to the move back stateside.

Samantha Aurelio 03-16-2009 07:58 AM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;542143]Sam - you swear? Oh goodness, you must be feeling bad. Chin up, get back on track, hope you enjoyed the weekend otherwise.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: haha hi Amber. I am not a fan of swearing.. but it was after a 5 hour drive and I was tired and mad at myself. Things happen when I'm sleep deprived, hah. Back to the grind today :)

Mat Frankel 03-16-2009 08:43 AM

Amber, im in for the no sweets. Better to start late then never at all.

2 weeks...

Michael Ricketts 03-16-2009 04:13 PM

Did good last night! No sweets yesterday and I am not going to eat any today!

Marianne Urbanski 03-16-2009 04:43 PM

Does Dark Chocolate count as a sweet? if so, i'm out of this deal!! If I can have dark chocolate, I can do this! (as long as red wine is in too... wah, wah... I will just have to give up that ice cream!!)...