CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Joe Bernard 03-13-2009 10:22 PM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

[QUOTE=Greg Glossop;541029]Whats all this paleo and blocks stuff people keep talking about?![/QUOTE]

You have some reading to do. Google "Paleo Diet" and "Zone"...have fun.

Jay Cohen 03-14-2009 03:37 AM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;540715]: Especially since the dessert bar guys INSIST on giving me 2 or more cookies even though I only hold up one finger (really, they think they are doing me a favor :shrug: )
[/QUOTE]

No, they're not doing you a favor, they want in your pants, which BTW will be fitting tighter, hence harder to remove if you keep wolfing down the Snicker bars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Ricketts 03-14-2009 05:16 AM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;540715]:welcome: to the newbs and those who pop in and out (Jon!).

Ugh, I ate Snickers(s) today. Yes, there is an extra "s" in there for reason. I think I have been too lenient with my "one cookie a day" thing....leads to other stuff. Especially since the dessert bar guys INSIST on giving me 2 or more cookies even though I only hold up one finger (really, they think they are doing me a favor :shrug: )

Starting tomorrow, I'm down for 21 days of no dessert bar (or other associated foods). Anyone with me? [SIZE="1"](please, please, please)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I am down for 21 days Amber, I have been allowing too many "Digressions" lately. Here we go....

Amber Mathwig 03-14-2009 06:01 AM

[QUOTE=Greg Glossop;541029]Whats all this paleo and blocks stuff people keep talking about?![/QUOTE]

Blocks refer to The Zone Diet utilized by a lot of CrossFitters. Paleo basically refers to eating the way our ancestors ate - meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, no sugar. Basically, if it has an ingredient list, it probably doesn't qualify as paleo. Everyone has their variations of this diet.

[QUOTE=Jay Cohen;541149]No, they're not doing you a favor, they want in your pants, which BTW will be fitting tighter, hence harder to remove if you keep wolfing down the Snicker bars!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Thanks, Jay!!!!!!!!! You are correct on all accounts! All the TCN's crack me up with their behavior/comments somedays.....I only wish my charm and good looks could get the egg making guys to give me over easy eggs instead of extra well done (:ranting2: army frago's).

[QUOTE=Michael Ricketts;541165]I am down for 21 days Amber, I have been allowing too many "Digressions" lately. Here we go....[/QUOTE]

Yay! Thanks, Michael! I'm going to post twice a day - once in the morning to say "I am NOT going to eat sweets today" and once at bedtime to say "I DID NOT eat sweets today."

Matthew Upright 03-14-2009 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;540715]:welcome: to the newbs and those who pop in and out (Jon!).

Ugh, I ate Snickers(s) today. Yes, there is an extra "s" in there for reason. I think I have been too lenient with my "one cookie a day" thing....leads to other stuff. Especially since the dessert bar guys INSIST on giving me 2 or more cookies even though I only hold up one finger (really, they think they are doing me a favor :shrug: )

Starting tomorrow, I'm down for 21 days of no dessert bar (or other associated foods). Anyone with me? [SIZE="1"](please, please, please)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Amber, I will do everything in my power keep the Otis Spunkmier company afloat while you contribute to the downfall of the American Economy by not eating cookies for the next 21 days. :super:

Amber Mathwig 03-14-2009 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=Matthew Upright;541202]Amber, I will do everything in my power keep the Otis Spunkmier company afloat while you contribute to the downfall of the American Economy by not eating cookies for the next 21 days. :super:[/QUOTE]

No more SuperMatt, now you are EvilMatt :devil:

Surprisingly enough, Otis Spunkmeyer IS still manufactured in America. But, I doubt the dessert bar guy is supporting our economy with his wages.

Amber Mathwig 03-14-2009 10:57 PM

I forgot my own rules already.....

I [B]DID NOT[/B] eat sweets yesterday, and I [B]WILL NOT[/B] eat sweets today.

Now I got to run, later y'all.

Tom Gerhard 03-15-2009 02:12 PM

Hi Amber --

It's been no sweets for me for the past two weeks, but today is my birthday, and my wife is getting me an ice cream cake (plus pizza and Guiness - I'm not going to fight it :) ) so I'll be back to no grains/no sugars tomorrow for sure.

Now off to today's JT....

Amber Mathwig 03-15-2009 02:17 PM

Happy Birthday, Tom! :cake: Enjoy!

Good job on doing the WOD first......

It's almost the end of my day. I have not had any desserts today. I did have 2 inches of a disgusting sub sandwich (way worse than I remember) and [I]I might've had a root beer[/I], but since it's classified as [B]BEER[/B] and not [B]SODA[/B], it doesn't count as a sweet :p

[B]Root Beer is awesome, especially 1919 (Yay, Minnesota!).[/B]

Randy Hill 03-15-2009 02:37 PM

Whoo, no grains or sugars for me today. Ate all of my meals clean and paleo like I should. Trying for at least 2 weeks before I mess it up. :kicking0: