CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Patrick Haskell 10-21-2008 04:02 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

Thanks for the notion. I did a couple mini-Annie's when I was nursing the back injury. The full version would probably take me 20 minutes, but it certainly would be good practice.

Christin Street 10-21-2008 04:36 AM

[quote=Scott Jenkins;427684](I am very vascular!!)[/quote]
Veins are so cool.;)

Richard Macaulay 10-21-2008 04:43 AM

I did about 100, i had no idea how many to do, and by that stage counting any higher than 100 would have been hard, brain had shut down mid way through the burpee ordeal.

Ricky

Scott Jenkins 10-21-2008 04:51 AM

[QUOTE=Christin Street;427712]Veins are so cool.;)[/QUOTE]

Heres some nasty veins for you Christin, my worse one looks like the Loch Ness monster on my right bicep.

Damn pic will not upload!!!

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;427714]I did about 100, i had no idea how many to do, and by that stage counting any higher than 100 would have been hard, brain had shut down mid way through the burpee ordeal.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

You should put the double unders into your warm up, only takes couple of weeks of doing them regular to get them down. Good time for FF, I was heading for sub 20 until that nasty end trio.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 10-21-2008 05:05 AM

Time on Annie was 5'44" :) I'll do it a 2nd time if one of you beats my time.

I'm going to do 5 rounds of today's wod, should be nice and fast. In for a match Scott ? :D

Scott Jenkins 10-21-2008 05:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Richard Vanmeerbeek;427726]Time on Annie was 5'44" :) I'll do it a 2nd time if one of you beats my time.

I'm going to do 5 rounds of today's wod, should be nice and fast. In for a match Scott ? :D[/QUOTE]

In will compete with you Richard but I know it sounds like excuses so I will get it in before we hit the WOD. On every burpee I have to take care going downwards which means resetting after jump, hopefully this will just mean I have extra power for the pull ups , we will see.

Saying that I still expect to beat my time from July which was about 17.51 so lets get it on.

Thats a fast Annie, but my Double Unders are getting better every time and I can see 50 consecutive coming soon.

Heres the veins and the loch ness monster that would not load earlier :D

Richard Vanmeerbeek 10-21-2008 05:20 AM

Haha HULK veins !

Careful on the burpees, it's definitely better for your back. I'm only doing 5 rounds so, check your time when you're half-way :)

Scott Jenkins 10-21-2008 05:31 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Vanmeerbeek;427745]Haha HULK veins !

Careful on the burpees, it's definitely better for your back. I'm only doing 5 rounds so, check your time when you're half-way :)[/QUOTE]

There goes pacing myself out of the window, "MUST GET TO 5 ROUNDS MANIA" :smiley_ev

James Forshaw 10-21-2008 09:43 AM

[QUOTE]I read your thread about the Front Squat back pain. While I have been rehabin my back the two times my progress has been knocked back is the two times I have performed Front Squat. Yesterday was the second time and for the rest of the day I have been getting small painful reminders. I think although you have a very upright posture when doing this movement it is all your midline supporting muscles that keep you upright and when a slight loss of balance occurs they kick in to re-balance you.

This opinion is purely what I have come to with my own experience and not anything anyone with good knowledge has told me. If its now injury pain your getting though I dont see a problem, just an extra workout for that core.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's injury pain, though it's still tender today. I'm just really conscious of my back lately, it's almost as if there's no respite and I'm constantly aware of what position my back is in. On the FSs I think it's just a case of really inhaling completely and making sure everything is tight. Other than that, what else can you do?!

Scott Jenkins 10-21-2008 09:57 AM

[QUOTE=James Forshaw;427946]I don't think it's injury pain, though it's still tender today. I'm just really conscious of my back lately, it's almost as if there's no respite and I'm constantly aware of what position my back is in. On the FSs I think it's just a case of really inhaling completely and making sure everything is tight. Other than that, what else can you do?![/QUOTE]

Thats the thing with Crossfit training, when you get an overtrained bodypart there is rarely a workout where you can completely rest it. Good to hear its not injury related. I need to concentrate more on keeping my form perfect on the timed WODs as thats always where I pick up my injuries, I just get too mad about going faster.