CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Christin Street 08-25-2008 03:01 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

Ha! I was just going to post that you need to breakout the weighted vest since Murph so graciously arrived!! Go Scott!

Scott Jenkins 08-25-2008 04:46 AM

yes Christin my 20lb vest has now grown to 22lb , probably because of sweating in it.

[B]MURPH[/B] plus 22lb weighted vest.
Run 1 Mile (6.50 and noticed i was on 3.0 gradient)
100 Pull Ups
200 Push Ups
300 Squats
Run 1 Mile - [B]39.39[/B]

Target was under 40 so happy with that. It was very hard with the vest and I was totally drenched with sweat and on my back at the finish. Last mile was very slow, about 8 mins because of massively heavy legs .

Nick Harris 08-25-2008 05:03 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;384280]yes Christin my 20lb vest has now grown to 22lb , probably because of sweating in it.

100 Pull Ups
200 Push Ups
300 Squats

Target was under 40 so happy with that. It was very hard with the vest and I was totally drenched with sweat and on my back at the finish. Last mile was very slow, about 8 mins because of massively heavy legs .[/QUOTE]

Hey Scott, great job on the WOD today. This work out kicked my butt with a 15 lb vest on. Took me 57 minutes to finish it today. Way to long! Next I'm shoot for under 50 minutes. I was drenched and exhausted! Last mile about killed me too!

Way to go again buddy! :kicking0:

Carla Tremblay 08-25-2008 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;384280]yes Christin my 20lb vest has now grown to 22lb , probably because of sweating in it.

100 Pull Ups
200 Push Ups
300 Squats

Target was under 40 so happy with that. It was very hard with the vest and I was totally drenched with sweat and on my back at the finish. Last mile was very slow, about 8 mins because of massively heavy legs .[/QUOTE]

WOW! Nice job!! :yikes:

Richard Vanmeerbeek 08-25-2008 01:37 PM

Awesome work with the 10k vest Scott !

Christin Street 08-25-2008 02:28 PM

Clairty..did you do the run with the vest? OMG!
Not worthy,
C

Scott Jenkins 08-26-2008 02:17 AM

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;384292]Hey Scott, great job on the WOD today. This work out kicked my butt with a 15 lb vest on. Took me 57 minutes to finish it today. Way to long! Next I'm shoot for under 50 minutes. I was drenched and exhausted! Last mile about killed me too!

Way to go again buddy! :kicking0:[/QUOTE]

Yes I could of squeezed a pint of water out of my vest at the end Nick, the last run was hell, just stared at the distance ticking away!!

[QUOTE=Carla Tremblay;384742]WOW! Nice job!! :yikes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Richard Vanmeerbeek;384791]Awesome work with the 10k vest Scott ![/QUOTE]

Thanks Carla and Richard, will check out your logs to see if you tried it next!!

[QUOTE=Christin Street;384837]Clairty..did you do the run with the vest? OMG!
Not worthy,
C[/QUOTE]

Yes weighted vest all the way Christin, in the last 200m of the first run I noticed I had to treadmill on a 3.0 incline , as if it needed to be made any harder!!!!

Richard Macaulay 08-26-2008 02:21 AM

Pfft 10Kg vest, a real man would have used a 20Kg vest, but watever. lol.

You continue to impress bro,great work!!Any thoughts about next years games? What else you doing in gym (extra olympic lifts etc)?

There was a guy on here (forgot the name) who did murph in like 28minutes.

Ricky

Scott Jenkins 08-26-2008 02:50 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;385225]Pfft 10Kg vest, a real man would have used a 20Kg vest, but watever. lol.

You continue to impress bro,great work!!Any thoughts about next years games? What else you doing in gym (extra olympic lifts etc)?

There was a guy on here (forgot the name) who did murph in like 28minutes.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Do they make 20k vest's , that would be interesting, the pull ups would be most fun. The games is so hard to train for as you never know what is coming. Everyone has there expertise and mine is not Oly lifting.

Is that 28 mins with vest as lots of people post there times without mentioning the vest?

Richard Macaulay 08-26-2008 02:53 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;385234]Do they make 20k vest's , that would be interesting, the pull ups would be most fun. The games is so hard to train for as you never know what is coming. Everyone has there expertise and mine is not Oly lifting.

Is that 28 mins with vest as lots of people post there times without mentioning the vest?[/QUOTE]

I dunno mate, its one of the guys who has a logg here. Pretty impressive either way though.

Yeh i think you've just got to get good at all wod's, and things like snatches etc. I think at the games they like wod's like 30rep clean and jerk, or fran etc. One of them will defo have pullups anyway. And an overhead press of some description i think+running.

I dunno if they make 20Kg vests, just tie the weight to you lol.

Can i also ask why you've started fasting, and what you think the benifits of it are?

Ricky