CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Scott Jenkins 02-06-2009 07:52 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

[QUOTE=Richard Vanmeerbeek;512345]I was wishing for on of the Girls today, hate this shoulder wod. I'll follow your advice and go for 3 sets in each instead of the 5, it gave me trouble in the past.[/QUOTE]

Only got 30 minutes at the gym today so will be doing this Shoulder marathon Saturday morning, got some PR's last time so this time it will be hard to go better.

Its got to be one of the girls tomorrow Richard :evilsmile

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;512356]Good job on yesterdays WOD Scott, i can tell I have been out of the game from yesterday. But that is fine, like you said slow and steady. You doing all this shoulder stuff today?[/QUOTE]

I see you log Nik you done are great effort, you have only been out for a week or so. Doing the shoulder workout tomorrow morning, looking forward to it also, I want to get PR's on at least one of the three.

[QUOTE=Murray Birch;512377]I can't believe you felt the need for some extra work after this workout. The last time I did that workout the only thing I felt the need for was some aspirin. Excellent time Scott, that's a boatload of swings.[/QUOTE]

Murray I would not of done extra if I had not promised to put someone through there paces, they approached me while I was doing KTE's and said can we do some planks today, I grunted yes just to get them to leave me to my pain!!

Got my first KB about 2 months ago (1.5 pood) and it felt so heavy at first, much heavier than the equivalent DB!! Amazing how it has started to feel lighter the more I use it.

Nik Nichols 02-06-2009 08:04 AM

Off the top of your head, do we HAVE do do the jerk in squat form or can we split jerk? I can do more (heavier) in split form.

Scott Jenkins 02-06-2009 08:16 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;512390]Off the top of your head, do we HAVE do do the jerk in squat form or can we split jerk? I can do more (heavier) in split form.[/QUOTE]

I always use the Split version, the only plus for the normal push jerk is when doing multiple reps you are ready to do the next rep a lot quicker. The split jerk is more powerful but takes extra time to re-set for multiples.

So Yes you can Split.

Nick Harris 02-06-2009 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;511661]B]5 February 2009[/B]

5 rounds for time:
[U]35[/U] Swings [U]1.5[/U] pood KB (wanted to use my only KB)
25 GHD Sit ups
25 Back Extensions
25 KTE's - 36.11 PR

Front Planks 4 x 1 minute with 10 seconds rest.

Tabata Push Ups - 23/20/16/12/12/12/12/12 - 119/12[/QUOTE]

Awesome workout results Scott, wonderful PR! I'll have to give that one a go, looks tough.

Scott Jenkins 02-06-2009 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;512696]Awesome workout results Scott, wonderful PR! I'll have to give that one a go, looks tough.[/QUOTE]

Its very tough Nick, your sweating for nearly 40 mins. Today I cannot even cough without the muscles in my stomach cramping up!!! Great

[B]6 February 2009[/B]

Got to my gym 25 mins before it closed so I knew I would have to get a PR if I wanted a shower.

5K run on the treadmill - [B]19.44 PR[/B] (old pr on treadmill 20.01)

Had more in the tank as well , pleased with this. Last 1000m was run in 3.44.

Nick Harris 02-06-2009 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;512697]Its very tough Nick, your sweating for nearly 40 mins. Today I cannot even cough without the muscles in my stomach cramping up!!! Great

[B]6 February 2009[/B]

Got to my gym 25 mins before it closed so I knew I would have to get a PR if I wanted a shower.

Had more in the tank as well , pleased with this. Last 1000m was run in 3.44.[/QUOTE]

That is hilarious Scott! "Getting ready to close, I had to get a PR!" I love it! Way to go brother. You are a running machine!

Nik Nichols 02-06-2009 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;512697]Its very tough Nick, your sweating for nearly 40 mins. Today I cannot even cough without the muscles in my stomach cramping up!!! Great

[B]6 February 2009[/B]

Had more in the tank as well , pleased with this. Last 1000m was run in 3.44.[/QUOTE]

Oh man my stomach is in bits and I went ti ab martt situps after the second round!!

With my back still a little tender and al;l the weighted situps, GHD's were not happening!!

Scott Jenkins 02-07-2009 12:58 AM

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;512700]That is hilarious Scott! "Getting ready to close, I had to get a PR!" I love it! Way to go brother. You are a running machine![/QUOTE]

Thanks Nick, I did not even have to time to walk upstairs and put my bag in a locker, just dumped it next to the running machine.

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;512740]Oh man my stomach is in bits and I went ti ab martt situps after the second round!!

With my back still a little tender and al;l the weighted situps, GHD's were not happening!![/QUOTE]

Yes my stomach is also in bits, I quite like the feeling, my GHD's are probably not RXD as I have to use a bench and wedge my feet into the wall, but they still hurt!!

Richard Vanmeerbeek 02-07-2009 05:52 AM

Nice run right on the clock Scott ! :)

My stomach hurts a whole lot too, and also my hamstrings from all the back extensions. Today's wod looks fantastic, especially if I can move a rower closer to the rack. If not, it's going to be politics to keep people away from it !

Patrick Haskell 02-07-2009 06:08 AM

Let me know how that workout goes for you, Rich, especially if you can't redecorate. I'm thinking on programming it for myself next week, but the 15m between the rower and the pullup bar/weights would be weird given only a 250m row. Maybe that built-in rest is a reasonable thing, given how rowing and SDLHP hit you much the same way. 21 reps at 95# is going to be brutal.