CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Patrick Haskell 11-10-2008 07:04 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;442671]You got no problems now Patrick , I got there first with the shame and set you an easy target. Trouble is it turned out exactly like I imagined, I was not good enough at front squats to get a decent painstorm hit.[/QUOTE]

What failed you? 6 rounds and 4 reps sounds like par for the course to me, but knowing what your muscular endurance is like, I'm even more nervous now.

Richard Macaulay 11-10-2008 07:09 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;442678]What failed you? 6 rounds and 4 reps sounds like par for the course to me, but knowing what your muscular endurance is like, I'm even more nervous now.[/QUOTE]

Id say thats a good score, and i now dont even want to try it, i think il just talk it. and never do it lol. Hmm could do it tonight actually, but after back squats?!

Ricky

Erin Davidson 11-10-2008 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;442576] Her name is Lady Fifi Meowington Smyth. Or just Fifi.[/QUOTE]:rofl::rofl::rofl:

aaaand...Congrats to you for Painstorming. I'm sure you shouldn't be ashamed of not breaking a sweat - I didn't either - but I'm pretty sure that's because my body didn't even have time or wasted energy to even contemplate beginning to sweat.

Scott Jenkins 11-10-2008 07:20 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;442678]What failed you? 6 rounds and 4 reps sounds like par for the course to me, but knowing what your muscular endurance is like, I'm even more nervous now.[/QUOTE]

My muscular endurance seems to be better at lower weights, like half BW x 100 or something, 90k/197lb was my 1RM about 3 months ago also so need some more power in my rack. You will be fine. Nik got 8 rounds on friday also. :highfive:

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;442681]Id say thats a good score, and i now dont even want to try it, i think il just talk it. and never do it lol. Hmm could do it tonight actually, but after back squats?!

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Not after Back Squat Ricky, it would be a waste of time , you probably have been front squattin the same time as me and its a lot lot harder than back squat, expecially after Back Squat!!

[QUOTE=Erin Davidson;442686]:rofl::rofl::rofl:

aaaand...Congrats to you for Painstorming. I'm sure you shouldn't be ashamed of not breaking a sweat - I didn't either - but I'm pretty sure that's because my body didn't even have time or wasted energy to even contemplate beginning to sweat.[/QUOTE]

Yes it broke my strength before it hit my metcon, its good to have done the painstorm still Erin. Congrats to you also. Maybe half BW Death by FS would be much more painful.

Richard Macaulay 11-10-2008 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;442693]

Not after Back Squat Ricky, it would be a waste of time , you probably have been front squattin the same time as me and its a lot lot harder than back squat, expecially after Back Squat!!
[/QUOTE]

Im a glutten for punishment!! Think il do this, sign me up lol.

Ricky

Matthew Green 11-10-2008 07:26 AM

I:love: farmers walks, good work.

Just as a piece of (possibly bad) advice, throw in some clean pulls and deadlift high pulls for assistance on the power cleans, I spent a lot of time getting my clean form down and these really helped, the bad form didn't help. In fact i'm still fairly sure it was the reason for my elbow tendonitis!

Richard Macaulay 11-10-2008 07:35 AM

Oh and scott, you mentioned my shopping list needing some beers on it, iv got a few i posted that are right up your alley.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 11-10-2008 09:15 AM

Hey Scott. good score on the painstorm, It was tough enough, I 'm lucky I only weigh 165lbs. Like you said it was a building workout. Did you get winded at all?

Scott Jenkins 11-10-2008 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;442791]Hey Scott. good score on the painstorm, It was tough enough, I 'm lucky I only weigh 165lbs. Like you said it was a building workout. Did you get winded at all?[/QUOTE]

No I didnt get winded, just crushed by the weight, I should try it another time as not sure my mind was totally on the job. Only learnt the front squat with correct rack and form recently so I should not be too dissappointed. Your score is very impressive.

Scott Jenkins 11-10-2008 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=Matthew Green;442700]I:love: farmers walks, good work.

Just as a piece of (possibly bad) advice, throw in some clean pulls and deadlift high pulls for assistance on the power cleans, I spent a lot of time getting my clean form down and these really helped, the bad form didn't help. In fact i'm still fairly sure it was the reason for my elbow tendonitis![/QUOTE]

I think my trouble is I get bored with practising the low weights and go straight for my heavier weights, I need to practice more, I get that tendonitis quite often, usually after weighted pull ups.