CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Patrick Haskell 11-06-2008 10:15 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;439611][B]5 November 2008[/B]

20 min AMRAP (Franathon)

10 Pull Ups
10 Thrusters 65lb - [B]15 rounds, 10 pull ups[/B] :D[/QUOTE]

Good grief, Scott. That's three and a half skinny Frans in 20 minutes. Fantastic work rate and endurance. Good thing you're hitting the Games qualifier. With scores like that, you might as well purchase that ticket to the States already.

Kirez Reynolds 11-06-2008 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;439802]thanks Kirez. I noticed that when we last did Angie some of the big guns hit it with a 20lb vest. Just wondered if you was up for this challenge. I believe Speals time was 14.36 and Jason Khalipa come in just over 19 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Those are fantastic performances, as was yours. I don't think I can handle it right now. I don't have a weight vest, but I do have a SCUBA weight belt I can put 20 lbs on. I think carrying the load on your waist makes the push-ups a little easier than with a vest, though.

I'm actually really down on myself lately. I don't feel like I have the guts to take on longer workouts, and I don't even practice the Oly lifting as I need to. I don't say much on here because we should always be upbeat and positive here. I really admire your constant aggressive drive.

I'll be back soon.

Scott Jenkins 11-06-2008 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;439845]Good grief, Scott. That's three and a half skinny Frans in 20 minutes. Fantastic work rate and endurance. Good thing you're hitting the Games qualifier. With scores like that, you might as well purchase that ticket to the States already.[/QUOTE]

Trouble with qualifying is the crossfit randomness, if its a massive amount of reps I will be confident, when its shorter metcons with heavier weights not so confident . Yet.

[QUOTE=Kirez Reynolds;439857]Those are fantastic performances, as was yours. I don't think I can handle it right now. I don't have a weight vest, but I do have a SCUBA weight belt I can put 20 lbs on. I think carrying the load on your waist makes the push-ups a little easier than with a vest, though.

I'm actually really down on myself lately. I don't feel like I have the guts to take on longer workouts, and I don't even practice the Oly lifting as I need to. I don't say much on here because we should always be upbeat and positive here. I really admire your constant aggressive drive.

I'll be back soon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kirez, Ive had a good week, although yesterday was one hell of a fight to keep going. You should be very happy with your training at the moment, Your strength is getting better every work out and your 400m run time is knocking on the door of sub 60. And you just got affiliated. Your back already mate.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 11-06-2008 10:56 AM

Can't believe we have a PR tie on the Franathon, that's hilarious ! I hope you won't walk too funny tomorrow :D

Don't know how you can handle Lynne with those hands, I hope they heal well Scott.

Erin Davidson 11-06-2008 10:58 AM

Well done with FRANATHON! I've been looking for someone to compare my numbers to (I did the men's rx'd weight and came out to 3 pullups shy of 8 rounds). 12 is MOOOOVING. :notworth:

Scott Jenkins 11-06-2008 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Vanmeerbeek;439909]Can't believe we have a PR tie on the Franathon, that's hilarious ! I hope you won't walk too funny tomorrow :D

Don't know how you can handle Lynne with those hands, I hope they heal well Scott.[/QUOTE]

Legs feel good at the moment Richard, I never seem to get much muscle ache in the following days unless I go really heavy. Im going to do your Ring Push up ladder tonight and then some deadhang pull ups on rings as they will be less hard on the tear. No point hitting Lynne as the hand will stop any chance of a PR.

[QUOTE=Erin Davidson;439913]Well done with FRANATHON! I've been looking for someone to compare my numbers to (I did the men's rx'd weight and came out to 3 pullups shy of 8 rounds). 12 is MOOOOVING. :notworth:[/QUOTE]

Thankyou Erin and that is fantastic nearly 8 rounds with RXD weight, probably the equivalent of me using 95 for my bodyweight.

I got 15.5 rounds though not 12 :D

Richard Macaulay 11-06-2008 11:10 AM

Think we'r gonna be in the bad books about our cold play comments. I just felt it was my duty to help my american brothers and sisters see the light, and become aware of the deeply flawed, and talentless band that is coldplay lol.

Ricky

Scott Jenkins 11-06-2008 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;439926]Think we'r gonna be in the bad books about our cold play comments. I just felt it was my duty to help my american brothers and sisters see the light, and become aware of the deeply flawed, and talentless band that is coldplay lol.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Yes I just read the comment by Jenna, Im still confused why it could be a conincidence we just read the word 'Coldplay', and thoughts of suicide entered our heads. Get back on the main page Ricky and supplement with heavy lifting, or if the main page is heavy lifting hit a small metcon. Its the only way to stay in touch with every aspect of Crossfit

Richard Macaulay 11-06-2008 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;439927]Yes I just read the comment by Jenna, Im still confused why it could be a conincidence we just read the word 'Coldplay', and thoughts of suicide entered our heads. Get back on the main page Ricky and supplement with heavy lifting, or if the main page is heavy lifting hit a small metcon. Its the only way to stay in touch with every aspect of Crossfit[/QUOTE]

Yeh mate i hear ya. Im back on on monday. Will be doing some strength work +the WOD's. Thats what i was doing before and loved it, if it aint broke dont fix it, dont know why i tried.

I have been working out with SS, just havnt been logging workouts as much, when there isnt that competition, and comparison driving you on, i kinda stopped loggin what i ws doing, but iv still been on the gym.

haha yeh i dont understand the coincidence either. We both just dislike the mind numbingly boring side effects that come with listening to a depressing band.

Ricky

Christin Street 11-06-2008 11:29 AM

[quote=Richard Macaulay;439926]Think we'r gonna be in the bad books about our cold play comments. I just felt it was my duty to help my american brothers and sisters see the light, and become aware of the deeply flawed, and talentless band that is coldplay lol.

Ricky[/quote]
Okay I'm officially not speaking to you a**holes for a few days....