CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Nick Harris 11-03-2008 09:57 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;436801]Richard - back felt little stiff for all out rowing today, I will get to it this week.

[B]2 November 2008

Death by Pull ups[/B]
1 pull up the first minute, 2 the second and onwards until you cannot complete said reps.
[B]18 rounds 8 reps[/B]. Had 20 today but had to go to fingers only grip because of large under callous bruising. No pr (19)+

[B]Death by Ring Dips[/B]
1 ring dip first minute as above - [B]14 rounds 13 reps[/B] pr by default.
Got 11 rounds unbroken and then it hit hard.

Hip mobility, glute activation.[/QUOTE]

Awesome job on the 18 rounds of pullups, you killed my 13! :notworth:

I'll have to try the death by Ring Dips. Way to go with 14 rounds complete.

Scott Jenkins 11-03-2008 10:07 AM

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;437379]Awesome job on the 18 rounds of pullups, you killed my 13! :notworth:

I'll have to try the death by Ring Dips. Way to go with 14 rounds complete.[/QUOTE]

thanks Nick, I like those death by ... workouts , the beginning is like your warm up , hope your doing 'Michael' today.

Carla Tremblay 11-03-2008 10:08 AM

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;437379]Awesome job on the 18 rounds of pullups, you killed my 13! :notworth:

I'll have to try the death by Ring Dips. Way to go with 14 rounds complete.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Nick! You are a machine! Have you found out more about when the CF Games qualifying events will take place?

Scott Jenkins 11-03-2008 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=Carla Tremblay;437387]I agree with Nick! You are a machine! Have you found out more about when the CF Games qualifying events will take place?[/QUOTE]

The only information at the moment is there will be a European qualifier and it will be in May. Other than that no more information. I for one will be at the qualifier even if I have to fly somewhere to compete, it will be a great day in itself and fantastic to meet some people from the boards. Will you be going to a qualifier Carla?

Carla Tremblay 11-03-2008 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;437392]The only information at the moment is there will be a European qualifier and it will be in May. Other than that no more information. I for one will be at the qualifier even if I have to fly somewhere to compete, it will be a great day in itself and fantastic to meet some people from the boards. Will you be going to a qualifier Carla?[/QUOTE]

Haha! No, I will not be going to a qualifier! I may go watch the games though to support everyone!

Scott Jenkins 11-04-2008 03:24 AM

[QUOTE=Carla Tremblay;437554]Haha! No, I will not be going to a qualifier! I may go watch the games though to support everyone![/QUOTE]

Yes I have booked time off work for the games already so I hope that does not give me bad luck!!!

[B]3 November 2008

Michael[/B]
3 rounds for time:
Run 800m
50 Supermans (sub)
50 Sit ups - [B]14.51 PR[/B]

The supermans probably were an quicker sub than good mornings , but speedy good mornings not very good at the moment.

Bulgarian Split Squats - 10 BW - 10 + 4k DBs - 10 + 10k DBs

Planks, Hip Mobility, Glute Activation.

Done some Press to Headstand. Thats head Patrick not handstand , I dont want any undeserved praise;). Tried with a 2kg dumbell between my feet but had no success.

Press to headstand x 4
Press to headstand with 2k - F F F F F F F F!!!!!!!

Matthew Green 11-04-2008 03:39 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;437938]Done some Press to Headstand. Thats head Patrick not handstand , I dont want any undeserved praise;). Tried with a 2kg dumbell between my feet but had no success.

Press to headstand x 4
Press to headstand with 2k - F F F F F F F F!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Was this your first time trying them? If so, i'd be glad that you got the unweighted. It's a b**ch keeping your legs straight and controlled throughout the movement when starting, same as hanging leg raises really. Managed to use a 4kg between the feet the other day (with the safetynet of shoelaces obviously), on the 3rd or 4th rep toppled to the right causing a nice and messy scene......... Ironically I think part of the reason for falling to the side was because of the weight being tied to one foot!

Richard Macaulay 11-04-2008 04:07 AM

How funny would it be if you won the games or at least the qualifier and were then asked to come on gladiators....not as a contender but a gladiator lol. You could then give them a polite middle finger.lol.:highfive:

Ricky

Scott Jenkins 11-04-2008 04:19 AM

[QUOTE=Matthew Green;437942]Was this your first time trying them? If so, i'd be glad that you got the unweighted. It's a b**ch keeping your legs straight and controlled throughout the movement when starting, same as hanging leg raises really. Managed to use a 4kg between the feet the other day (with the safetynet of shoelaces obviously), on the 3rd or 4th rep toppled to the right causing a nice and messy scene......... Ironically I think part of the reason for falling to the side was because of the weight being tied to one foot![/QUOTE]

I dont have laces on my trainers so I just held it between my feet, probably lucky not to have got it up. Good work on the 4k , I know how hard it is now I have tried it. It was not my first time with press to headstand , it was first attempt weighted.

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;437947]How funny would it be if you won the games or at least the qualifier and were then asked to come on gladiators....not as a contender but a gladiator lol. You could then give them a polite middle finger.lol.:highfive:

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Doing Gladiators after winning the games would be like going on big brother after becoming James Bond. Yes definately middle finger Ricky.

Patrick Haskell 11-04-2008 07:05 AM

Weighted press headstands sounds grim. I should work those (press headstands that is). My press handstands have disappeared again, so that would be the obvious progression to use.