CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Richard Vanmeerbeek 11-01-2008 10:41 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;436272]Your back up for this month's painstorm: death by BW front squats? I think Mr. Density V. is going to take this one running away. I'm in. (First Painstorm ever.)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;436318]yes Front squats dont affect my back much, just keep it locked in so Im in for this one. Yes Mr V will love this painstorm.

[B]1 November 2008[/B]

20 min AMRAP
5 HSPU's
10 Pull Ups
15 Double Unders - 10 rounds, 5hspu, 10 pull ups, 11 DU's

That all went together perfectly, will be doing it again. Will easily beat the score as my rope snapped on 2nd round so had to twist it around my finger, was getting only 2 doulbe unders at a time, then I had to have a toilet break!!
I recommend trying it to anyone who reads this.

Planks: Left 2 mins. Right 2 mins prs[/QUOTE]

Mr. Density V haha. With his bw, Patrick has the strength to kill that one.

Nice 5k Scott, next time you go all out, the sub 20 will be there ! And that AMRAP looks awesome too.

I'll be gunning for your Angie time tomorrow, I hope you'll be Tabata rowing mate :D

Scott Jenkins 11-02-2008 09:41 AM

Richard - back felt little stiff for all out rowing today, I will get to it this week.

[B]2 November 2008

Death by Pull ups[/B]
1 pull up the first minute, 2 the second and onwards until you cannot complete said reps.
[B]18 rounds 8 reps[/B]. Had 20 today but had to go to fingers only grip because of large under callous bruising. No pr (19)+

[B]Death by Ring Dips[/B]
1 ring dip first minute as above - [B]14 rounds 13 reps[/B] pr by default.
Got 11 rounds unbroken and then it hit hard.

Hip mobility, glute activation.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 11-02-2008 01:50 PM

Death by pull-ups is really nasty on the hands. Glad to see I'm only 1 round away from you on the dips, but doing it after the pull-ups is hardcore !

Kirez Reynolds 11-02-2008 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;436801]Richard - back felt little stiff for all out rowing today, I will get to it this week.

[B]2 November 2008

Death by Pull ups[/B]
1 pull up the first minute, 2 the second and onwards until you cannot complete said reps.
[B]18 rounds 8 reps[/B]. Had 20 today but had to go to fingers only grip because of large under callous bruising. No pr (19)+

[B]Death by Ring Dips[/B]
1 ring dip first minute as above - [B]14 rounds 13 reps[/B] pr by default.
Got 11 rounds unbroken and then it hit hard.

Hip mobility, glute activation.[/QUOTE]

Good job on the pull-ups and ring dips, Scott. I wanted to beat you on the pull-up death, but only got 15 + 15.

Scott Jenkins 11-03-2008 03:22 AM

[QUOTE=Kirez Reynolds;437084]Good job on the pull-ups and ring dips, Scott. I wanted to beat you on the pull-up death, but only got 15 + 15.[/QUOTE]

thanks Kirez, I sorted my grip problems and put it down to Snatch Practice. I was going for the 20 rounds which I value the same as a 30 round cindy. Want both of these by the end of the year.

Richard - death by ring dips just suddenly gets hard, at round 11 I had at least 16 rounds in my mind. No

Matthew Green 11-03-2008 03:54 AM

Got any good ideas for ab/back workouts Scott? I'm running low on ideas............ I need 'em hard, heavy and under 10 mins!

Christin Street 11-03-2008 04:23 AM

Sweet job on Death by Pullups, Scott!! Then the Ring Dips? Insane! Nice push-pull combo.

Scott Jenkins 11-03-2008 04:26 AM

[QUOTE=Matthew Green;437156]Got any good ideas for ab/back workouts Scott? I'm running low on ideas............ I need 'em hard, heavy and under 10 mins![/QUOTE]

5 rounds for time:

KTE's (2k dumbell between feet) 5 reps
20m Croc Crawl

The Croc crawl totally smashes my whole core. You hold your legs together in a press up position and pull yourself along using straight arms. I do it in the studio part of my gym with a towel wrapped around my feet or just wear my old trainers. Not done it with KTE's before , usually mid thigh box jumps. I changed it to KTE's for you so to emphasis the ab/back.

Another three that go really well together are KTE's , Sit ups (unanchored) and our favourtie the window wipers. When I do these together I dont usually time myself, just really squeeze my core for every rep. Maybe a 21/15/9 could go under 10 mins.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 11-03-2008 06:02 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;437146]
Richard - death by ring dips just suddenly gets hard, at round 11 I had at least 16 rounds in my mind. No[/QUOTE]

I confirm, it struck me all of a sudden aften doing the 10th unbroken.

Scott Jenkins 11-03-2008 06:06 AM

[QUOTE=Christin Street;437163]Sweet job on Death by Pullups, Scott!! Then the Ring Dips? Insane! Nice push-pull combo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Christin, I managed a rip underneath a callous, I knew it was there but it was not visible, very strange. I wanted 20 rounds and probably could of got it today without the rip. 20 by year end