CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 10:47 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

Looking forward to the carnage pictures Ricky, 9-12 pints now that is a different ball game, I would have a go but I would definately have a bucket to hand. Funny how dressing up makes the madman come out of you.

Theres some insane WODs in one of those lists Patrick, something like 4 rounds of 4 mile run and 100 pull ups.

[B]30 October 2008[/B]

Hip mobility/glute activation

[B]Angie[/B]

100 Pull Ups [B]5.10 PR[/B]
100 Push Ups 8.21 (3.11)
100 Sit Ups 11.07 (2.46)
100 Squats [B]13.20 Pr[/B] (2.13) :pepper:

Bulgarian Split Squats 3 x 15 each leg. Weighted next time.

Weighted Lunges 50k (110lb) x 8 ea

Weighted Split Squats 50k 8 ea

Planks: Front [B]4.30 PR[/B]:pepper:. Right side: 1.30. Left side: 1.30.

A Very good day today. Damn it I get into this website and forget I have a bag of frozen peas down my back, 30 minutes which is ten too many.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 10-30-2008 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;435151]Looking forward to the carnage pictures Ricky, 9-12 pints now that is a different ball game, I would have a go but I would definately have a bucket to hand. Funny how dressing up makes the madman come out of you.

Theres some insane WODs in one of those lists Patrick, something like 4 rounds of 4 mile run and 100 pull ups.

[B]30 October 2008[/B]

Hip mobility/glute activation

[B]Angie[/B]

100 Push Ups 8.21 (3.11)
100 Sit Ups 11.07 (2.46)

A Very good day today. Damn it I get into this website and forget I have a bag of frozen peas down my back, 30 minutes which is ten too many.[/QUOTE]

9-12 pints is another ball-game, would be fun. All I need is toilets nearby :D

EXCELLENT Angie time ! I'll have to give it my all this weekend, Saturday or Sunday. At least I still have the 100 pull-ups for time PR :p

:highfive:

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 11:04 AM

Whats your current PR for the 100 pull ups Richard. My grip felt unusually solid today and I realised that I have not really been using my legs when I kip , its much faster with the leg movement. I went for the 10 reps every 30 seconds method and just got behind around the 80th rep.

Good luck with your Angie:smiley_ev

Richard Vanmeerbeek 10-30-2008 11:10 AM

Glad you're feeling improvement with the pull-ups. I got 4'45" last time I did it end of June. I'm concerned of my high volume pull-up ability now, since hitting my goal if 50 consecutive kips, I've seriously been chilling on it. We'll see, I have something to aim for thanks to you :evilsmile

PS : death by ring dips got me very sore today :censored:

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 11:15 AM

Theres always things that get left for too long on this kind of programming, its impossible to improve on everything all the time. I have not done many HSPU's lately and when I tried it took about 5 minutes to get a double. Muscle memory will have your pull ups kicking *** again, you might even find the rest from them has done you good.

Patrick Haskell 10-30-2008 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;435151]Theres some insane WODs in one of those lists Patrick, something like 4 rounds of 4 mile run and 100 pull ups.

[B]Angie[/B]

100 Push Ups 8.21 (3.11)
100 Sit Ups 11.07 (2.46)

A Very good day today. Damn it I get into this website and forget I have a bag of frozen peas down my back, 30 minutes which is ten too many.[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable Angie time, as usual, Scott. That Murph has me remembering the benefits of high rep BW exercises. I might have to put a half Angie into my moderate length metcon mix, since I'm not likely can't find a day for a full Angie anytime soon. Angie was actually my first WOD. Took me about an hour, but the squats were so easy for me relative to the rest of it (I did assisted pullups) that I put 65# onto them. Classic welcome to CF moment.

Insane WODs aren't typically my thing, although as I push work capacity further, I may do one of those Painstormy things with you one of these days. I'll be choosy about it though. Nothing that leaves me standing around wondering when I'll have the muscular endurance to do my next rep.

As for the peas, I've heard that ice does the most good between 20 and 30 minutes.

Matthew Williams 10-30-2008 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;435151]
[B]Angie[/B]

100 Push Ups 8.21 (3.11)
100 Sit Ups 11.07 (2.46)
[/QUOTE]

Awesome time on the Angie mate, I think I was on Pull Up 50 after 5 mins!

Scott Jenkins 10-31-2008 03:22 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;435189]Unbelievable Angie time, as usual, Scott. That Murph has me remembering the benefits of high rep BW exercises. I might have to put a half Angie into my moderate length metcon mix, since I'm not likely can't find a day for a full Angie anytime soon. Angie was actually my first WOD. Took me about an hour, but the squats were so easy for me relative to the rest of it (I did assisted pullups) that I put 65# onto them. Classic welcome to CF moment.

Insane WODs aren't typically my thing, although as I push work capacity further, I may do one of those Painstormy things with you one of these days. I'll be choosy about it though. Nothing that leaves me standing around wondering when I'll have the muscular endurance to do my next rep.

As for the peas, I've heard that ice does the most good between 20 and 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I think Angie is my best WOD for performance, my muscles seem to work best at really high reps. I have always trained in a kind of crossfit way even when bodybuilding with supersets and drop sets, the idea of timing exercises is what really drew me in. I forgot what my first workout was so I just done some investigation work and it turns out it was Linda. My first taste of metcon was Cindy and I got 20 rounds. 30 rounds is my end of year goal for that one.

[QUOTE=Matthew Williams;435343]Awesome time on the Angie mate, I think I was on Pull Up 50 after 5 mins![/QUOTE]

Yes I was pleased, I used my legs for once, I always forget to kick when I start to get tired. You training tomorrow, I think we are in line for a cycle of metcon hits.

Patrick Haskell 10-31-2008 04:16 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;435634]I think Angie is my best WOD for performance, my muscles seem to work best at really high reps. I have always trained in a kind of crossfit way even when bodybuilding with supersets and drop sets, the idea of timing exercises is what really drew me in. I forgot what my first workout was so I just done some investigation work and it turns out it was Linda. My first taste of metcon was Cindy and I got 20 rounds. 30 rounds is my end of year goal for that one.

Yes I was pleased, I used my legs for once, I always forget to kick when I start to get tired. You training tomorrow, I think we are in line for a cycle of metcon hits.[/QUOTE]

Linda as a first workout. Yikes! Amazed you hung around. I was introduced to CF in 2004, but when I checked out the site, it was some kind of chipper with foreign exercises like SDHP, thrusters, and whatnot. I didn't think about it for another couple of years. When I checked back, it was Angie, and that at least made sense.

30 rounds of Cindy would be bomber. Have you done Chelsea (30 rounds in 30 minutes)? I assume that would be a creampuff for you.

Scott Jenkins 10-31-2008 04:51 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;435652]Linda as a first workout. Yikes! Amazed you hung around. I was introduced to CF in 2004, but when I checked out the site, it was some kind of chipper with foreign exercises like SDHP, thrusters, and whatnot. I didn't think about it for another couple of years. When I checked back, it was Angie, and that at least made sense.

30 rounds of Cindy would be bomber. Have you done Chelsea (30 rounds in 30 minutes)? I assume that would be a creampuff for you.[/QUOTE]

I done Chelsea +1 about two weeks ago (6 pull ups, 11 push ups, 16 squats) and the last two rounds went +2 as I felt I had a lot left over. Linda was a workout a lot like I was training before starting crossfit so it felt natural to hit that first. I see you done a workout called 'Christine' , never seen that one before.

Just go down on the floor to hit some foam rolling at work and got my first sharp pain in my lower mid back in over 9 days. That is so frustrating but I will put it down to the fact that my glutes are so sore from yesterdays work. Hope its not a setback.