CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 05:57 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

6 pints in 90 minutes is no problem, this should be the qualifier for the games. If you puke your out and if you miss your shot and pull up for the minute your out. And just continue until 'Last Man Standing'. Shower then hit the town.

lie raj??? Not heard of that Ricky

Richard Vanmeerbeek 10-30-2008 06:01 AM

Should be doable with burpees too actually, it's only 1 burpee/minute. Just have to do them slowly.

Real men do it with 1 burpee pull-up/minute :p

Nick Harris 10-30-2008 06:09 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;434916]6 pints in 90 minutes is no problem, this should be the qualifier for the games. If you puke your out and if you miss your shot and pull up for the minute your out. And just continue until 'Last Man Standing'. Shower then hit the town.

lie raj??? Not heard of that Ricky[/QUOTE]

Man, if that was the case, I would definitely be out. Sounds like it would be fun to try though.

Have a good one.

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 06:13 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Vanmeerbeek;434917]Should be doable with burpees too actually, it's only 1 burpee/minute. Just have to do them slowly.

Real men do it with 1 burpee pull-up/minute :p[/QUOTE]

You set the new standard Richard, Im in. [COLOR="Magenta"][B][SIZE="3"]'Drunken GI Jane'[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Richard Macaulay 10-30-2008 06:21 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;434916]6 pints in 90 minutes is no problem, this should be the qualifier for the games. If you puke your out and if you miss your shot and pull up for the minute your out. And just continue until 'Last Man Standing'. Shower then hit the town.

lie raj??? Not heard of that Ricky[/QUOTE]

Raj is an awesome game , you gotta try it. Youv got to be sumwer thats tolerant of shouting and noise lol.

So we play at the club. get teams of any number (we'r usually about 5 a side), get a couple pound off everyone,and someone go to bar and get a jug and fill it with as many shots as your money will afford (usually about 20-30 pounds worth), maybe add a breezer or 2 aswell, or a pint of cider.

Then you have 5 guys facing 5, and one team has a penny. They put there hands under the table and move the penny about. Then put all there closed fists on the table. Then the other team take turns guessing which hand DOESNT have the penny (you could guess which hand DOES have the penny, but then you've got 10hands to pik from and only 1 guess to get it right). If they guess it doesnt have the penny and it does, everyone on that team has to have a large shot.
Keep going until jug is gone, then play again, and again, and again.

Theres good and bad points, your team could win every jug, so you never drink. On the flip side you could lose (win) every jug and your team could drink all of them. Cheap night though.

Ricky

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 06:45 AM

Sounds like a good one for my works xmas party. On a recent boys weekend we played 'Jenga Shots', quite simple, play Jenga and whoever knocks it down takes a shot. They then choose how much and what to put in the next shot. Sometimes someone will fill up half a pint with sumbucca and then knock it down and pay the price. It can get really bad for that person as the more shots they have the worse they get at the game. Luckily i could take more drink than the rest of them so I was taking money to drink there shots :evilsmile

Richard Macaulay 10-30-2008 07:22 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;434960]Sounds like a good one for my works xmas party. On a recent boys weekend we played 'Jenga Shots', quite simple, play Jenga and whoever knocks it down takes a shot. They then choose how much and what to put in the next shot. Sometimes someone will fill up half a pint with sumbucca and then knock it down and pay the price. It can get really bad for that person as the more shots they have the worse they get at the game. Luckily i could take more drink than the rest of them so I was taking money to drink there shots :evilsmile[/QUOTE]

haha i love the things guys do when they get together and alcohol is involved, great times!!

We'r organising our anual xmas jumper night out (alot of people end up dressed as old men lol-me being one of them). Il upload a good boat race vid later on. carnage.

Ricky

Patrick Haskell 10-30-2008 08:17 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Vanmeerbeek;434896]It depends of the size of the shots, if it's only 1oz, that adds up to 3 liters (a little more than 6 pints ?) of beer in 1 hour and a half. PIECE OF CAKE :D[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, a shot is traditionally 1.5 ounces but (in the states at least) usually served as 2 ounces. That adds up to 9 to 12 pints in an hour and a half. You guys can keep that one. I had my fill of drinking games in college.

Richard Macaulay 10-30-2008 08:19 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;435034]Unfortunately, a shot is traditionally 1.5 ounces but (in the states at least) usually served as 2 ounces. That adds up to 9 to 12 pints in an hour and a half. You guys can keep that one. I had my fill of drinking games in college.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on patrick, live a little, re-visit the glory days. we should ge this done on mass, everyone filming it.

Ricky

Patrick Haskell 10-30-2008 08:19 AM

Thanks for the WOD lists, Scott. I think we all have one of those files, but yours look more extensive than most. I'll have to look through those in detail for more ideas. I've slowly been trying to pull my WOD list together into a database, so I can search by duration, exercise, and load (still trying to figure this last one out). It's gonna take a while, as it's low on the priority list, but it would be nice to have if I ever start training folks for real.