CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 01:44 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

3 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Kirez Reynolds;434818]Way to go, Scott. I just got caught up --- I missed some good stuff, though I've been reading the emails.

I'm sorry I couldn't beat you on the Albany October Challenge. My gastroc/achilles tendon isn't healed yet. I tried running last Thursday and it bit me again, fast. I hope to be back on 4 x 400m in a couple weeks! I need it to hit my sub-60 goal this year.

I like this Jacob's Ladder WOD. Where did you find it?[/QUOTE]

No worries Kirez, you get that achilles healed up, no little challenge is worth injury. I read what you said about the SP/PP/PJ wod, I done it all once and hurt my shoulders , now I just pick one of the 3 when that comes around.

Im hitting the track most friday nights now, last two times I have done the 4x400, I am interested to see what my time is for a mile so this week I may do this and then after resting Pandora. The 50m line is marked out really well, the track is about as professional as you could find.

Below links are WFS

Heres some workouts I have collected from various people , lots of good stuff on them including some different versions of jacobs ladder. I guess the name jacobs ladder refers to the way the repetitions and sets are set out and not the particular exercises used.

Kirez Reynolds 10-30-2008 01:51 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;434822]No worries Kirez, you get that achilles healed up, no little challenge is worth injury. I read what you said about the SP/PP/PJ wod, I done it all once and hurt my shoulders , now I just pick one of the 3 when that comes around.

Im hitting the track most friday nights now, last two times I have done the 4x400, I am interested to see what my time is for a mile so this week I may do this and then after resting Pandora. The 50m line is marked out really well, the track is about as professional as you could find.

Below links are WFS

Heres some workouts I have collected from various people , lots of good stuff on them including some different versions of jacobs ladder. I guess the name jacobs ladder refers to the way the repetitions and sets are set out and not the particular exercises used.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for those docs Scott. Funny I've got a doc with that name on my desktop --- I compiled all the WODs from the main page from 2008 into one doc, to see how frequently we do each exercise and each workout.

Kirez Reynolds 10-30-2008 02:41 AM

Speaking of wild WODs... I can't believe I saw this, I was just suggesting a WOD exactly like this a couple days ago: [URL="http://www.crossfitsantacruz.com/crossfit_santa_cruz/2008/10/this-is-an-old-photo-from-the-original-box----the-2nd-annual-crossfit-centurion-will-be-held-today-at-crossfit-north-santa.html"]THE 2ND ANNUAL CROSSFIT CENTURION[/URL] (safe)

That's at CrossFit Santa Cruz. My idea was 1 to 50, I guess that's the difference between the CrossFit Elites and the rest of us! :notworth:
[CENTER]
[B]THE CENTURION
For 100 minutes, On the minute,[LIST][*]drink one shot of beer[*]one pull-up[/LIST][/B][/CENTER]

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 03:00 AM

Sounds good Kirez, I think it would go something like the pull-up ladder. AT the start I am so impatient with just doing a few and then all of a sudden its a panic to get the said reps done. I could imagine at the start thinking hurry up minute I want my beer, then by 50 mins having trouble dropping from the pull up bar without falling. A good WOD for us to do after the games. When I was younger me and my friend had some stupid idea about doing the London Marathon but stopping at every pub we passed for a pint of beer, while dressed in pint of beer costumes. Luckily we did not get in, that would of been a proper road crash.

Christin Street 10-30-2008 03:37 AM

Ha! I have the same issues with the dreadmill at my globo. It cuts off after a minute if nobody is on it! For the 4x400 I have to stay on and walk.
I'd love to see you and Kirez go after the Centurion WOD.
Did you hold a plank for 6 min?
Doing Angie today?

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 03:48 AM

[QUOTE=Christin Street;434844]Ha! I have the same issues with the dreadmill at my globo. It cuts off after a minute if nobody is on it! For the 4x400 I have to stay on and walk.
I'd love to see you and Kirez go after the Centurion WOD.
Did you hold a plank for 6 min?
Doing Angie today?[/QUOTE]

You may well see us hitting the Centurion after the games if we have any energy left. I will definately be hitting the beer afterwards. I done 6 minutes of planks which was front left right side etc, 4 mins still my record for front plank.

Yes I will be hitting Angie today, wish I had rested my pull ups like I should of if following the main page alone. My pr is 13.39 with about 5.40 spent on the pull ups.

Richard Macaulay 10-30-2008 04:58 AM

[QUOTE=Kirez Reynolds;434831]Speaking of wild WODs... I can't believe I saw this, I was just suggesting a WOD exactly like this a couple days ago: [URL="http://www.crossfitsantacruz.com/crossfit_santa_cruz/2008/10/this-is-an-old-photo-from-the-original-box----the-2nd-annual-crossfit-centurion-will-be-held-today-at-crossfit-north-santa.html"]THE 2ND ANNUAL CROSSFIT CENTURION[/URL] (safe)

That's at CrossFit Santa Cruz. My idea was 1 to 50, I guess that's the difference between the CrossFit Elites and the rest of us! :notworth:
[CENTER]
[B]THE CENTURION
For 100 minutes, On the minute,[LIST][*]drink one shot of beer[*]one pull-up[/LIST][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Mate that would kill you lol. A couple of my mates did the 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes a few weeks ago, is sounds easy, one shot then like 58seconds break. I thinkone person made it to 100 without being sick or pulling out. Around about 50, it hits hard. So the added dehydrating effect of excercise and doing pullups would kill you lol.

Ricky

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2008 05:32 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;434875]Mate that would kill you lol. A couple of my mates did the 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes a few weeks ago, is sounds easy, one shot then like 58seconds break. I thinkone person made it to 100 without being sick or pulling out. Around about 50, it hits hard. So the added dehydrating effect of excercise and doing pullups would kill you lol.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

It would be good to work out how many pints 100 shots added up to. Do you have any idea of how much liquid exactly goes into a shot. If I had to make a rough guess I would say 20 shots equals one pint so that would be 5 pints in an hour and a half. I drink beer quite often so I believe I can do this one.

With Burpees though that is another question

Richard Vanmeerbeek 10-30-2008 05:44 AM

It depends of the size of the shots, if it's only 1oz, that adds up to 3 liters (a little more than 6 pints ?) of beer in 1 hour and a half. PIECE OF CAKE :D

Richard Macaulay 10-30-2008 05:47 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;434893]It would be good to work out how many pints 100 shots added up to. Do you have any idea of how much liquid exactly goes into a shot. If I had to make a rough guess I would say 20 shots equals one pint so that would be 5 pints in an hour and a half. I drink beer quite often so I believe I can do this one.

With Burpees though that is another question[/QUOTE]

Yeh just drinking it as beer isnt a prob. I mean you'd easily finish a pint in 15 minutes if you sipped at it. Its more the gass build up i think, and the foam. If you wanna get hammered in an hour and forty minutes its a great game. Though i think its more fun to play drinking games lie raj (thats an awesome game).

And yes with burpees that would be a killer.

Ricky