CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Laurie Smith 07-30-2010 09:43 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;819360]Or a days hopping :p[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Nik Nichols 07-30-2010 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;819359]I have an idea for your calf issue. Rest. I mean real rest, no wod, skills of any kind. Give it a full 24 hours of nothing.[/QUOTE]
I'mk going to have to do something, All though I was rolling my IT band and my left side is way mot sore then my right also the piegon pose is harder with my left leg forward. There is something tight in my left. I rolled my glutes on my base ball and again left side more sore. I'll be working it and both sides for a wile.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;819360]Or a days hopping :p[/QUOTE]

Humm maybe that is crazy enough to work. I'll have to give that a try!;)

Nik Nichols 07-30-2010 01:27 PM

3:00 break

streching and more streching.

14min rolling
IT band(PAINFUL) glutes, lower back, shoulder front and back.

Nik Nichols 07-31-2010 06:32 AM

6 rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
25 Burpees

No runs for me. I have Martin and with my calf the way it has been I skipped the run for healing.

So 150 reps burpees for time 16:27

Good to get some burpees in.

I wouldn't program them myself.

Scott Jenkins 07-31-2010 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;819701]6 rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
25 Burpees

No runs for me. I have Martin and with my calf the way it has been I skipped the run for healing.

I wouldn't program them myself.[/QUOTE]

Sensible programming there Nik, the 150 burpees with nothing else must of been horrible. This is what we need to do, if main page needs to change now or again that's how it is , you had your calf and Martin today and I run and done burpees last night so would be silly either of us hitting this one today.

Nik Nichols 07-31-2010 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;819720]Sensible programming there Nik, the 150 burpees with nothing else must of been horrible. This is what we need to do, if main page needs to change now or again that's how it is , you had your calf and Martin today and I run and done burpees last night so would be silly either of us hitting this one today.[/QUOTE]

Exactly right. I needed to do the burpees, it has been a wile, I WANTED to do the run, this would have been excelent at the track. I know I could have gotten all sets unbroken. Like you daid, you did the running and burppes yesterday so it wasn't like you missed anything.

We are covering all the bases. I hope to get the deas and press early in the week for the next round, i forgot I got the squats done already.

Jay Rhodes 07-31-2010 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;819701]6 rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
25 Burpees

I wouldn't program them myself.[/QUOTE]

Who would! Nice work pushing through. Couldn't have been fun.

Haven't been on the boards much in the last week. How is training going??

Nik Nichols 07-31-2010 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;819850]Who would! Nice work pushing through. Couldn't have been fun.

Haven't been on the boards much in the last week. How is training going??[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jay. I had to do something. So it seem like the best I could do to get atleast part of it done, plenty of metcon in it too.

Training is good, getting past some problems and developing new ones!;)

Nik Nichols 07-31-2010 06:36 PM

I'm liking the looks of tomorrow workout , Cleaning 135 is easy but thruster I will have to push jerk it to get the reps. I may be able to get the 135lbs thruster, but I know I can push jerk it. The pullups will only get me winded, I hope my hands hold up ok, Still ripped some.

Oh and I may be able to hit it on my own, Cathy is off tomorrow and I should be able to get to the gym on my own so no interuptions.

Looking good for tomorrow.

Laurie Smith 07-31-2010 08:23 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;819920]I'm liking the looks of tomorrow workout , Cleaning 135 is easy but thruster I will have to push jerk it to get the reps. I may be able to get the 135lbs thruster, but I know I can push jerk it. The pullups will only get me winded, I hope my hands hold up ok, Still ripped some.

Oh and I may be able to hit it on my own, Cathy is off tomorrow and I should be able to get to the gym on my own so no interuptions.

Looking good for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think about jerking it. I was wondering how I was going to do 95lb thrusters.