CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 07-23-2010 02:17 AM

Re: Nik

Your lucky to have that rope Nik, and guess what's come up today, rope climbing. It will be impossible for 99% of people even those in affiliates to do todays main page correctly.

Nik Nichols 07-23-2010 06:37 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;815508]some "rest day", Nik!!!

doesn't the rope rip your hands bad? any advice on that? do you tape? I have started to tape my hands for pullups if I am going to do over 50 or so. I might even tape for Fran the next time I'm sick of ripping. the rope (even though I don't do it much) wipes my hands right out..[/QUOTE]
It kills my grip, but I don't rip on the rope. Pullups and deadlift tear my hands up the most, but I take a razor blad and cut off my callouses and that works for me most times.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;815625]Your lucky to have that rope Nik, and guess what's come up today, rope climbing. It will be impossible for 99% of people even those in affiliates to do todays main page correctly.[/QUOTE]

Yea, rope climb is the easy part, (I say easy) the wall climp is the issue. I will probably climb our racking to 12feet and down, it will be more monky climb with out a rope, but that is the best I got.

Plus what 70% of the competeters didn't finish all the round in time allowed. So I'll stop at the 7min and 12 min mark if I don't finish.

The last round will be the hardest, 3 rope climbs in a row is my limit fresh(tested yesterday) after all the rest it will be a killer. It will be fun though.

Any tips? oh and I'll be hitting it all in a row. I feel like I shouldn't do it at all but do my own thing, but I can't pass up the challenge.

Oh and on the first round I though about skipping the wall totally and doing the rest of it. there really wont be anyone to compare it to because not two people will have the same equipment.

Scott Jenkins 07-23-2010 06:48 AM

Yeah just set it up best you can and go at it Nik, your competing against yourself so concentrate on pushing as hard as possible. The good thing is its got a set time so it will take the same as at the games. At most I might pick bits out of it for my version tomorrow, climb a tree or something. :D

Nik Nichols 07-23-2010 06:58 AM

5,3,1 workout 1st week

3x5
85lbs
100lbs
110lbs 6reps.

30 reps GHD's
backext 40lbs
(no situps after yesterdays 100reps I got that situp butt rash)

Nik Nichols 07-23-2010 07:14 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;815707]Yeah just set it up best you can and go at it Nik, your competing against yourself so concentrate on pushing as hard as possible. The good thing is its got a set time so it will take the same as at the games. At most I might pick bits out of it for my version tomorrow, climb a tree or something. :D[/QUOTE]

That's it exactly. I'll do it for me as best as I can get it sorted out and go hard. Climbing a tree is a great idea. I wish i had a camra for this one, it would be cool to see what people do for this.

There is alot of complaning on the comments about this workout. Funny people are saying it is for elite athletes. but all of crossfit is scale able and it looks like most have forgotten this.

I'll do what I can and have fun at it. I see it as a good grinder.

Scott Jenkins 07-23-2010 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;815726]That's it exactly. I'll do it for me as best as I can get it sorted out and go hard. Climbing a tree is a great idea. I wish i had a camra for this one, it would be cool to see what people do for this.

There is alot of complaning on the comments about this workout. Funny people are saying it is for elite athletes. but all of crossfit is scale able and it looks like most have forgotten this.

I'll do what I can and have fun at it. I see it as a good grinder.[/QUOTE]

Whatever happens your going for 7 mins on the first 2 and 12 on the last so its not an elite workout, mostly BW stuff also, the only thing a lot of people will have to do is just ignore the walls and maybe rope climbs if they dont have them available. JoeCam posted on here recently and he's adapted the workouts very well.

I go the sore butt from sit ups also, nice scab , also the back of my neck has a massive scab from the bar taking the skin off , it happened in the video when I went from thrusters to rack jerks, you can see me whince.

Nik Nichols 07-23-2010 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;815742]Whatever happens your going for 7 mins on the first 2 and 12 on the last so its not an elite workout, mostly BW stuff also, the only thing a lot of people will have to do is just ignore the walls and maybe rope climbs if they dont have them available. JoeCam posted on here recently and he's adapted the workouts very well.

I go the sore butt from sit ups also, nice scab , also the back of my neck has a massive scab from the bar taking the skin off , it happened in the video when I went from thrusters to rack jerks, you can see me whince.[/QUOTE]

HAHAH workout trophys. I'll rewatck the videos. and check out joes log and see how he did it.

Nik Nichols 07-23-2010 08:23 AM

5,3,1, 1st week
squats 3x5
180lbs x5
205lbs x5
235lbs x9

I'm liking the squats.

Nik Nichols 07-23-2010 11:07 AM

Part A. Three rounds for time of:
30 Push-ups, release hands from floor at the bottom
12' Wall climb
95 pound Overhead squat, 21 reps
12' Wall climb
Seven minute time cap. Score time of completion or reps completed within the cap.

Rest 30 seconds.

Part B. Three rounds for time of:
30 Toes to bar
95 pound Ground to overhead, 21 reps
Seven minute time cap. Score time of completion or reps completed within the cap.

Rest 30 seconds.

Part C. Three rounds for time of:
6 foot Wall jumps with burpee, 5 reps
20 ft Rope Climb, 3 ascents
Twelve minute time cap. Score time of completion or reps completed within the cap.

Part A I climbed 12 foot up our racking monkey style no rope
Pushups were funny I was laughing during them.
OHS's RX'd
Pushups RX'd

Part B
RX'd power clean and jerk

Part C I climbed through and over our Squat rack which is 7 foot tall.

Part A 1 round, 1 climb 5 OHS's
Part B I got to 28 reps on the C&J
Part C complete in 10:20

Nik Nichols 07-23-2010 01:34 PM

3:00 break
3x5
bench
145lbs x5
170lbs x5
190lbs x7