CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-13-2008 02:22 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;445948]I dont wanna burst your bubble mate, but i think the correct xchange is 4 pullups and 4 dips = 1 muscle up. My reason for saying this was on the 30 muscle up wod, the alternative was 120 dips and 120 pullups.

lol

Good work though.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Ah well it was freaking tough, I suffered for the 3 that I did!!

Brady Herrin 11-13-2008 02:26 PM

Thanks for running that with me!

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;445946]3:00 workout, reverse tabata sprints, that is sprint 10 seconds rest 20 seconds 16times

Fun in the sun. I'm doing two workouts to catch you Scott, watch over your shoulder!!!LOL[/QUOTE]

Nik Nichols 11-13-2008 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=Brady Herrin;445955]Thanks for running that with me![/QUOTE]

Misery loves company!!!:rofl:

Richard Macaulay 11-13-2008 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;445953]Ah well it was freaking tough, I suffered for the 3 that I did!![/QUOTE]

Lol mate its cracking work however many you did, i didnt do it, i had rugby tonight so your a better man than me!!

Got your PM, you'll be getting something hopefully before i go to bed.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 11-14-2008 07:31 AM

Well, I'm sick again, My stomach is in bits!!!! I spent the night trying not to get sick. I didn't get much sleep. I'm dehydrated I want to throw up.
I was hoping it would have passed in my sleep, but no such luck. I took some anti nausea med's that I have for an ocasional migrain, reall I forgot I had any till this morning.

I'm on G2 gatoraide and water.

This sucks, it seems like I've been sick for weeks, I'm not or have been 100% in a wile. I'm really just serviving the workouts, not Doing them. If I don't get better in a couple of hours I'll miss todays power snaches. Oh well, what are ya going to do?!?!?:ranting2:

Scott Jenkins 11-14-2008 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;445946]3:00 workout, reverse tabata sprints, that is sprint 10 seconds rest 20 seconds 16times

Fun in the sun. I'm doing two workouts to catch you Scott, watch over your shoulder!!!LOL[/QUOTE]

Fun in the sun, its more like 'Pain in the Rain' in Britain Nik!!

I see your feeling sick again, I started taking Omega 3 about a week ago and they are great for recovery, other than that just get better mate.

Carla Tremblay 11-14-2008 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;446508]Well, I'm sick again, My stomach is in bits!!!! I spent the night trying not to get sick. I didn't get much sleep. I'm dehydrated I want to throw up.
I was hoping it would have passed in my sleep, but no such luck. I took some anti nausea med's that I have for an ocasional migrain, reall I forgot I had any till this morning.

I'm on G2 gatoraide and water.

This sucks, it seems like I've been sick for weeks, I'm not or have been 100% in a wile. I'm really just serviving the workouts, not Doing them. If I don't get better in a couple of hours I'll miss todays power snaches. Oh well, what are ya going to do?!?!?:ranting2:[/QUOTE]

Ugh, again??? So sorry to hear you are sick Nik. Do you think it's the flu?

Nik Nichols 11-17-2008 06:55 AM

Well I'm back from the grave. Yea Carla i guess it was the flu. I don't really know, I have been up and down for 3 almost 4 weeks. I get past somthing, then one of the kids passes somthing on. I hope i can keep up my strenth enough to finally get past all of this!! I'll try to catch up with everyones log where i can. Hope you are all still killing it!!

Nik Nichols 11-17-2008 07:05 AM

Ok. I would like some opinions please. I'm 5foot 7 inches tall. I had gotten up to almost 200 lbs a couple of years ago. I couldn't see my belt. Back would go out for no reason, had to hold my breath to bend over, you get the picture.
Well my wife was pregnant and I pulled my back tieing my shoes. I thought'' I wont be able to pickup my son when he is born if i stay like this!''
I started eating better, and doing the old triditional workouts we all did befor CF.
I got into better shap,lost some weight, did a hard core back workout, got stronger.
Six or so months ago go into CF.

Now I realized i just wanted to be in shape, great shap, but in shape. i took weight out of the equasion. i don't care what i weigh.

Well I got on the scale just to see(first time in over a month)
I'm toped out at 157lbs. THAT IS TO LIGHT!!
I don't want to be this light. I'm afraid of loosing more. i eat like a horse. I eat like you guys dream you could and still loose weight.

I do the main page and a little extea here and there.

What do I do to keep my weight up?

Scott Jenkins 11-17-2008 09:48 AM

Two words Nik: "EAT MORE"

If your eating loads and still losing weight it means your metabolism is burning the calories quicker than you are putting them in. I have a very fast metabolism and I have to keep a box of pasta , chicken, tuna and Dolmio sauce (heavy tomato pasta sauce) with me at work all day. If I even go two hours without food I get stomach pains. I know the pasta and red meats is against the crossfit way of eating but with me and obviously you we need to just stuff high carbs in. When I read the foods we should eat there is know way I could afford to buy them in the kind of quantity I need to suppress weight loss and stomach noise. Even when I go on holiday 'All Inclusive massive buffet breakfast lunch, afternoon snack, dinner at least 5 plates full every sitting, i get home after the holiday and I weigh 7lb less, just because I have not been doing heavy lifting!!

Hope this helps Nik, at least you know your not the only one with the problem of being able to eat whatever you want as much as you want. :rofl: