CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Greg Privitera 04-16-2009 11:24 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;567913]Man we have been looking, it is great to finally get one...I think?:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Ha. Just be sure to work on your hip mobility as much as you can! Protect that lower back.

Nik Nichols 04-16-2009 11:25 AM

"Danny"

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
24 inch Box Jump, 30 reps
115 pound Push Press, 20 reps
30 Pull-ups

3 round 19 box jumps.

It may have been a little diffacult to beath.

Mani Singh 04-16-2009 12:29 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;567922]"Danny"

30 Pull-ups

3 round 19 box jumps.

It may have been a little diffacult to beath.[/QUOTE]

this looks like a really tough workout, the resps are really high...im gonna be doing it on saturday, scaled of course!!

Nik Nichols 04-16-2009 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=Mani Singh;568009]this looks like a really tough workout, the resps are really high...im gonna be doing it on saturday, scaled of course!![/QUOTE]

DO it man.. just focus on your breathing!! It is tough. But it was good, I recovered pretty fast from it.

Fergus Lally 04-16-2009 12:58 PM

30 Pull-ups

3 round 19 box jumps.

Great work Nik, I can't wait to do this one, it looks brilliant, in fact I'm looking forward to doing this last cycle as it really looked like a tough one.

Nik Nichols 04-16-2009 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=Fergus Lally;568059]Great work Nik, I can't wait to do this one, it looks brilliant, in fact I'm looking forward to doing this last cycle as it really looked like a tough one.[/QUOTE]

It was good, breathing is the factor really. O hthat was C2B, it did slow me down a bit, but it was good.

3:00 break, 27 tire flips with my ''new'' 209lbs tire. it wasn't bad.

Oh 27 because that is how many flips it took to get it put away from where it was in the parking lot.

Scott Jenkins 04-17-2009 03:21 AM

30 Pull-ups

3 round 19 box jumps.

Nice work Nik, that was much harder than I thought it would be :highfive:

Ernie Guevara 04-17-2009 05:48 AM

Good job Nik!! Most of my pullups were c2b but not intentionally. My natural kip takes me that high. I never noticed before because the bars in my old gym were split in the middle so i really couldn't see how high up i would go. My new gym has regular bars and i usually go to the middle of my chest with the normal kip.

Awesome that you got a huge tire!! i've always wanted to flip one of those lol. Do you own a crossfit gym?

Nik Nichols 04-17-2009 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;568509]Good job Nik!! Most of my pullups were c2b but not intentionally. My natural kip takes me that high. I never noticed before because the bars in my old gym were split in the middle so i really couldn't see how high up i would go. My new gym has regular bars and i usually go to the middle of my chest with the normal kip.

Awesome that you got a huge tire!! i've always wanted to flip one of those lol. Do you own a CrossFit gym?[/QUOTE]

Good that you now have a bar to bang your chest on!! I never though about the 2 handle pullup bar, I bet that is kind of a pain to work on.

I wish I had a CF gym. No we just colleck what we can. Do dips on forklifh blades, brade our own rope.

Tire flips are a lot of fun for me. It put a lot of fun on the dead lift form. I really like it. I just kind of stumbled on the find. There is this construction equipment stageing area on my way to work, and I say a stack of used tires off one of the drive ways and they tried to give us the whole stack!! We only got the on for now, I may pick up one for homw later, just for fun.

Nik Nichols 04-20-2009 06:54 AM

Well i missed the last two workouts, I really wanted to hit the inverted burpees!! i may try to make it up, but I may just give it a miss.