CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Compression Gear (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=74615)

Marcin Kot 04-06-2012 12:49 PM

Compression Gear

I'm looking to buy some new compression gear form either skins or zoot. I will be using the gear for mainly WOD's and running. My question is what should i get... tights?? calf sleeves??? Which brand has a better reputation??? Any help from people that own or have used compression gear form these two companies would be great help for me.

Joey Shishineh 04-06-2012 02:17 PM

Re: Compression Gear

Skins and 2XU are the best. I have 2 pairs of Skins RY400, 1 2xu compression tights, calf sleeves, etc. Some of the stuff (the RY400 series) is actually designed to be worn after you work out - to promote better blood flow, thus oxygen, to the muscles and speed up recovery. The SKINS are hands down the best compression gear out there - I've tried zoot too and they are made from less pieces of fabric so they don't have the same mobility as skins.

Marcin Kot 04-06-2012 02:20 PM

Do you think that getting the tights form skins would be better than the calf sleeves?

Doug Bacik 04-06-2012 02:21 PM

I wear skins... only when it is cold. They help get me warmed up quicker.... Im not sure I buy the whole recovery thing...

Joey Shishineh 04-06-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcin Kot (Post 1050362)
Do you think that getting the tights form skins would be better than the calf sleeves?

yes, if you get calf sleeves then you need compression shorts for the rest of your legs. Just go to amazon and get them, they are cheaper there or on runningwarehouse.com usually has them reasonably priced.

Jay Rhodes 04-06-2012 03:12 PM

Contact Greg Light (he's all over the boards here)

He's getting started up with compression gear products.
Sent me some compression socks and they actually feel like compression gear, most "compression" items just seem to be overpriced tights.

Greg Light 04-09-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Rhodes (Post 1050378)
Contact Greg Light (he's all over the boards here)

He's getting started up with compression gear products.
Sent me some compression socks and they actually feel like compression gear, most "compression" items just seem to be overpriced tights.

Thanks for the shout-out Jay. Our site will be up by the end of the week. I think people will really like the price/quality relationship we have. Our sales are all completed online, so there is no retail markup that you find with most of the other brands out there. I'll post a link to our site when its up along with a CF message board coupon code in case anyone is interested. Prices after coupon codes and including shipping for people on here will roughly be as follows:
SS Shirts - $32
LS Shirts - $37
Shorts - $27
Pants - $37
Socks - $25

We've been selling some socks directly on here and everyone has been very happy so far. Our clothing arrives tomorrow.

Justin Karls 04-09-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Light (Post 1050851)
Thanks for the shout-out Jay. Our site will be up by the end of the week. I think people will really like the price/quality relationship we have. Our sales are all completed online, so there is no retail markup that you find with most of the other brands out there. I'll post a link to our site when its up along with a CF message board coupon code in case anyone is interested. Prices after coupon codes and including shipping for people on here will roughly be as follows:
SS Shirts - $32
LS Shirts - $37
Shorts - $27
Pants - $37
Socks - $25

We've been selling some socks directly on here and everyone has been very happy so far. Our clothing arrives tomorrow.

Good to hear that you are getting your store up and running! :highfive:

I need to buy some compression socks for an up coming marathon and will buy from your store when its up.

Justin

Shawn M Wilson 04-09-2012 02:56 PM

Pics of said shirts? ;)

Wayne Richard 04-09-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn M Wilson (Post 1050959)
Pics of said shirts? ;)

Interested in seeing the pants myself. Was in the market for long tights, but will wait to see what Greg has to offer.