CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What's your favourite zone meal? (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=8412)

Matthew Townsend 10-05-2005 04:50 AM

My meals are pretty much a slight variation on the following theme: 5oz of chicken or beef tossed in the frying pan, cooked in a bit of olive oil with some lemon grass or chilli paste with bok choy, peppers, onion placed on top of a bowl of spinach leaves.

I love my salads like this, but I think I need a bit more variety.

Can people please post their favourite zone meals? Preferably it should be quick and easy because my wife is getting annoyed with me taking twenty minutes to prepare and cook breakfast.

Troy Archie 10-05-2005 06:26 AM

Have you subscribed to the performance menu yet? Fruit Fry's are the greatest for breakfast. Paleo stew rocks. Stuffed peppers are probably my favorite. Stir fry's are a staple. Fruit salads are great.

The list goes on and on...

Clay Jones 10-05-2005 07:38 AM

Matt, My favorite is 5 oz. of broiled chicken, 3 cups of steamed broccoli, and a medium sized salad w/ oil and vinegar. One head of broccoli equals about 1 cup. Right now I am eating a ton of broccoli; Nicole is right, it is a lifesaver.

Jim Lark 10-05-2005 11:49 AM

What is the performance menu and how do I subscribe?

Thanks,
Jim

Keith Wittenstein 10-05-2005 12:28 PM

go to crossfitnorcal.com

It's totally worth it. Great recipes and articles.

I like performance patties. I just made some as a matter of fact. I made them with tuna & salmon, almonds and sesame seeds and curry. Really yummy.

Jeremy Jones 10-05-2005 01:43 PM

I love tuna with dijon mustard, olive oil, cucumber,and some chopped macadamia nuts, stuffed into half of a raw orange, or yellow pepper.

I guess that is just part of a zone 'meal' but it is still my favorite lunch/dinner.

Larry Lindenman 10-05-2005 03:07 PM

Two egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 Omega egg, 1/4 cup of low fat shredded chedder cheese. 1 1/4 cup of McCains Irish steel cut oatmeal, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (mixed into the oatmeal), 15 almonds.

Kelley Brownlie 10-06-2005 09:17 PM

Thanks Jeremy,

I usually wrap mine w/a lettuce leaf and add toated seasme seeds and tomatos vs macadamian nuts and cucumbers. Hmm... I might have to go buy some orange bell peppers... I bet pestasios would taste really good in that mix!

kelley

Nikki Young 10-08-2005 09:10 PM

Man! Zone recipes, im a nazi in the kitchen. Maybe in another part of my life i will become a chef ...

But anyway! I don't have a favourite meal because i generally don't eat the same thing very often, i just LOVE cooking! :lol:

However my favourite at the moment is Chicken Picadillo. It's ... well, a bit time consuming, but if you are the only one eating it, the following recipe will make 3 serves so for the next 2 rounds you will just spend 2min heating it up.

Ingredients

3 Serves
10oz chicken breast, cubed
1tsp olive oil
1cup diced onion
2 chopped garlic cloves
3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped, or
400g can of diced tomatoes
1/3 cup water
1 cups diced red capsicum
15 stuffed olives
2/3 cup corn kernels
9 seeded organic prunes
tsp ground cloves
2tsp vinegar

Instructions

Fry onion and garlic in a pan with olive oil until browned. Add chicken until cooked. Add tomatoes and water and simmer for 5min. Add the capsicum, olives, corn, cloves and vinegar and simmer for 10-15min. Add prunes and cook for another 10min.

Per Serve
3oz chicken – 3 block protein, 1 block fat
Oil – 1 block fat
5 olives – 1 block fat
Vegetables/3prunes – 3block carb