CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 08-24-2010 07:40 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;832666]
It is cool every one has to jump the same 18 inches. There is no height advantage or dissadvantage.[/QUOTE]

I prefer the box :mad: nah looking forward to this, be interesting to see how easy or hard that height will be.

Just listen to the lady Nik "Get the work done"!!!!!!

Marianne Urbanski 08-24-2010 07:59 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;832613]I am sore. Glutes and , just lowere everything. I'm moving arround ok, but squating hurts, glutes just hurt. For the boat, I'd say cut it in half. You will still get a good workout, but not as bad. I took 385 lunges, you being right a 5 foot would havetaken more. So say 150 or 160 lunges sould be good. What do you think?

On Coe. DON'T thing of total ammount of thrusters, you are not doing 100 thrusters in a row, so don't think of it like that. You are doing 10 sets of 10. Remember to relax and BREATH on the thrusters.

GO steady and I want you to do something for me. When it gets hard I want you to do one more rep fo ME. Just because I want you to. If I was there coaching you I would ask for one more rep, I always do. So I'm asking you now. When you want to put it down do one more rep.[/quote]

When I was on the boat one workout I did was 100 pushup,s 100 situps, 200 squats, then 100 lunges.. that wasn't too bad, so I think I could do 200 if it was my whole workout. I did make sure my back knee hit the pavement (ouch!).. I'm gonna wear sweats next time!!

I hear you on Coe, Nik.. Since I don't follow main page I don't get to do many of the hero's workouts. I am excited to honor Coe tonight (I think I will add some hero's workouts next time I do programming for our gym). I WILL remember what you said about 1 more rep.. I was thinking of doing 5/5 for the thrusters, but I will attempt 6/4 or whatever it takes to do "one more" when I feel like I just can't push it. Thanks for the encouragement..:highfive:

Good luck on the WOD today.. it really does look interesting! :kicking0:

Nik Nichols 08-24-2010 08:32 AM

10:00 break
Scott i did those streches, man are they tough for me. 4 min only

10 min 2 reps every mion on the min deadhang pullups weighted to 58pounds

I got a few HSPU's in to.

Scott Jenkins 08-24-2010 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;832733]10:00 break
Scott i did those streches, man are they tough for me. 4 min only

10 min 2 reps every mion on the min deadhang pullups weighted to 58pounds

I got a few HSPU's in to.[/QUOTE]

There tough for me also, first time I got my leg up the wall, it was ahhhhh, but afterwards I was shocked at how good my hip flexors felt. The deep squat also was scary to stay there for too long. Im going to follow it daily from now on, at our age mobility is the key to keep kicking butt!!

Nik Nichols 08-24-2010 11:18 AM

Tie a five-pound plate to hang an honest 18" above your tiptoe reach and complete 5 rounds for time of:
50 Jump and touch
40 Squats
30 Sit-ups, abmatt anchored
20-Push-ups, chest to deck
10 Pull-ups, C2B

time 29:37

it was all about the jumps and squats.

The jumps I switched every 5 reps from left to right hand after the first 10 reps. It felt good, like it was a change up, so I was able to keep going with little rest. It got a bit better as it went.

squats were agony after the doms from the lunges fron Sunday. They were wors then the jumps in pain. But unbroken but slow and steady. I'd push here and there for a boos of speed, but they hurt.

Situps were easy and a place to get my breathing under controll.

push up unbroken and steady. They felt good. I though as the workout went on that I'd have to break them but there was so much time inbetween the sets of pushups I was fresh for them

Pullups easy, just a bump in the road.

Anyone who reads this and is going to do it. I sugest you switch hands every5 reps on the jumps and don't look down, alwasy look up at the target.

Laurie Smith 08-24-2010 11:29 AM

Oh man, I was hoping you were going to say that the squats got easier and less painful. :rofl:

Ernie Guevara 08-24-2010 11:32 AM

Great job getting under 30 minutes nik!:highfive:Sounds like you did a great job staying at a steady pace. I can imagine how those legs felt during the squats with the major doms!

Jay Rhodes 08-24-2010 12:42 PM

Good stuff, Nik.
Seems like an innocent one but those jumps are anything but! Just gotta keep moving steady and know that the legs get a recovery in the last half of the round.

Scott Jenkins 08-24-2010 12:54 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;832834]Tie a five-pound plate to hang an honest 18" above your tiptoe reach and complete 5 rounds for time of:
50 Jump and touch
40 Squats
30 Sit-ups, abmatt anchored
20-Push-ups, chest to deck
10 Pull-ups, C2B

time 29:37

it was all about the jumps and squats.

The jumps I switched every 5 reps from left to right hand after the first 10 reps. It felt good, like it was a change up, so I was able to keep going with little rest. It got a bit better as it went.

squats were agony after the doms from the lunges fron Sunday. They were wors then the jumps in pain. But unbroken but slow and steady. I'd push here and there for a boos of speed, but they hurt.

Situps were easy and a place to get my breathing under controll.

push up unbroken and steady. They felt good. I though as the workout went on that I'd have to break them but there was so much time inbetween the sets of pushups I was fresh for them

Pullups easy, just a bump in the road.

Anyone who reads this and is going to do it. I sugest you switch hands every5 reps on the jumps and don't look down, alwasy look up at the target.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE MY TIME!!!! Fast work Nik, brilliant.

I wish I had read your post before hitting this workout, I reached and touched on every single of the 250 jumps with my right arm, every one, and also looked down on every rep , not once did I manage to jump straight back up.

Jay Rhodes 08-24-2010 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;832890]:rofl: WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE MY TIME!!!! Fast work Nik, brilliant.

I wish I had read your post before hitting this workout, I reached and touched on every single of the 250 jumps with my right arm, every one, and also looked down on every rep , not once did I manage to jump straight back up.[/QUOTE]

I did every jump touch with my right arm as well. You figure it would be faster switching?? I feel much more comfortable going up with the right.