CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-19-2010 12:13 PM

Re: Nik

DAY THIRTEEN
Buy-in: Pry squat + Coach Boz OHS Warm-Up + 30 squats + 20 push-ups + 10 pull-ups. And, check your 500m row PR before you come to the gym. Write it down.

603 WOD: 3 rounds, for time. Row 500m, then perform as many 95/65# thrusters as seconds above your PR 500m time.

time 12:56 with 43thrusters

broke in to 3 first round 10 second round 30 last round

oh by the war that was one of the worst workouts I have done in a wile.

Last round was death. I was so mad at 30 reps. Brady tells me''come on Nik if you were in the games you would push harder.'' I dropped the bar at that. I was thinking ''really? '' I hated it.

I wanted to walk away, I wanted to stop. It makes me mad now.

I know, it happens, I know I did the work, I know I didn't stop. But I feel like I sucked big time. The more I think about it the more mad I get.

Brady was telling my I had a hard week, we have done alot this week, But he did the same work as I did this week and absolutely smoked me on it. He did great!! I sucked and died.

Ok I know I'm good. I just wanted to vent. Bad way to go into the weekend.

I'm fine not to worry.

Shannon Mullens 11-19-2010 01:03 PM

GREAT way to go into the weekend. You know why? Because you're going to absolutely SLAUGHTER your next workout. I mean, just DESTROY it. I have faith and confidence.

30-95# thrusters is no joke. Holy cow, mang.

Also, a wise man once reminded me that I wasn't just working on getting better, I was also overcoming serious issues - doesn't that hold true for you too? Hmmmmmmmmm?

Personally, I think you did awesome. So there. :pepper:

Nik Nichols 11-19-2010 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=Shannon Mullens;869665]GREAT way to go into the weekend. You know why? Because you're going to absolutely SLAUGHTER your next workout. I mean, just DESTROY it. I have faith and confidence.

30-95# thrusters is no joke. Holy cow, mang.

Also, a wise man once reminded me that I wasn't just working on getting better, I was also overcoming serious issues - doesn't that hold true for you too? Hmmmmmmmmm?

Personally, I think you did awesome. So there. :pepper:[/QUOTE]

You are right 100% I knew that too. Thanks. My total was 43thrusters, just 30 on the last round:rofl:. I'm cool, feeling better. I had a good 3:00 break.

Also I think, Like you I am eating to little. I will track it on fit day and see how it comes out, because, like you I don't NEED to get heavier, just fuel what I'm doing. We will see.

Nik Nichols 11-19-2010 02:38 PM

3:00 break

HSPU's @ 8,5,1

Yea I retried that last round and got 1 again. So I could say 2 reps, but not in a row.

Todays mobility work #86

Jay Rhodes 11-19-2010 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=Shannon Mullens;869665]Personally, I think you did awesome. So there. :pepper:[/QUOTE]

+1 on that.
Nik that is a ****ing diabolical WOD.

Rowing one 500m 3 seconds off my PR would put me half in the tank right there.
You know stepping onto the rower than you have to go fast to not get thrusters, but you're going to get them anyway. Its inevitable. So then the thrusters throw off the breathing even more.....now you row again, and its gonna be slower = more thrusters, and then AGAIN!
Dude that one is so nasty I may have to just try it.

:highfive: for getting through it. For real. I'm sure ANYONE who tries that one will want to quit at some point.

Nik Nichols 11-19-2010 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;869709]+1 on that.
Nik that is a ****ing diabolical WOD.

Rowing one 500m 3 seconds off my PR would put me half in the tank right there.
You know stepping onto the rower than you have to go fast to not get thrusters, but you're going to get them anyway. Its inevitable. So then the thrusters throw off the breathing even more.....now you row again, and its gonna be slower = more thrusters, and then AGAIN!
Dude that one is so nasty I may have to just try it.

:highfive: for getting through it. For real. I'm sure ANYONE who tries that one will want to quit at some point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jay, it really was rough, it was a no win game. Ti really was mental and funny you said diabolical, I said the same thing. You would fare better then I, your thrusters are alot stronger, but still 4 hours later and my throat is still raw from breathing hard.

Scott Jenkins 11-20-2010 02:35 AM

WOW , sounds like a real killer workout, must be great to have a pain fest like that behind you Nik, now to rake in the benefits of the hard work heh. You obviously set the bar high with a killer pr a few days ago which is ultimately not gaming the workout and thats why you felt it so bad, should be proud of it Nik as I know you will be today.

Nik Nichols 11-20-2010 05:03 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;869850]WOW , sounds like a real killer workout, must be great to have a pain fest like that behind you Nik, now to rake in the benefits of the hard work heh. You obviously set the bar high with a killer pr a few days ago which is ultimately not gaming the workout and thats why you felt it so bad, should be proud of it Nik as I know you will be today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, yea, I'm fine with it now, just a moments frustration, I got over it quick enough. It really was tough. Like Jay was saying there was a no win on it if you really ran the pr test run, it really was a challenge all the way.

I'm filming this morning, I am up early to do some reading and post up and get a warmup in and some streches. I'll check your log and see how the class went now.

Jay Rhodes 11-20-2010 10:58 AM

Did that row/thruster WOD today....
lol it was scary. I gamed the rows too much I think....but rowing even 5 seconds off my PR would tank me and it would be all downhill from there.
Pretty happy with it, it was tough.

Nik Nichols 11-22-2010 07:34 AM

Well, good and bad weekend. We did the filming, I will grudgingly post up a few pics, I'm a little imberassed to be in it.

Sunday morning I get up and I am sitting in the floor I stand up and get a sharp pain in my lower back I'm sure it is my arthritus, in pain all day, ices it felt better, took ibuprofin twice, I didn't take any last night. I'm still a bit sore, I will see how the workout comes along. I may be scaling the deads if I do them at all. :ranting2:

Richard Macaulay 11-22-2010 07:37 AM

Hey nik, hows things?

Did i get a facebook request from you recently?

Ricky

Nik Nichols 11-22-2010 07:43 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;870499]Hey nik, hows things?

Did i get a facebook request from you recently?

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Ok I changes from the mainpage for a bit, going through a deadlift press strenth cycle.

You may have gotten a request, My wife made me a face book thing and I am new to it.

What are you up to?

Richard Macaulay 11-22-2010 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;870501]Ok I changes from the mainpage for a bit, going through a deadlift press strenth cycle.

You may have gotten a request, My wife made me a face book thing and I am new to it.

What are you up to?[/QUOTE]

Kul how is the family?

Have you considered something like Max effort blackbox?

Im on a 20rep squat cycle just now (its an experience).

I got one from an allan nichols, though it might have been a midle name. He looked like u and was from dallas texas.lol.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 11-22-2010 07:56 AM

A.M. warmup
30 ghds
30 backext no weight
30 front squats 95lbs(that is the weight on the bar from friday)20reps the 10reps.

back feeling ok. breathing hard after that.

Scott Jenkins 11-22-2010 08:09 AM

Real glad the backs feeling better Nik, I had a niggle friday night which has cleared off, guess its going to happen now and again.

Ernie Guevara 11-22-2010 09:37 AM

Glad to hear the back is feeling better nik!! How much longer are u gonna be doing your new program? You hitting the push press today?

Nik Nichols 11-22-2010 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;870503]Kul how is the family?

Have you considered something like Max effort blackbox?

Im on a 20rep squat cycle just now (its an experience).

I got one from an allan nichols, though it might have been a midle name. He looked like u and was from dallas texas.lol.

Ricky[/QUOTE]
I got this thing off ''whole9'' It is pretty cool, I like it.

Yea. that is me, first name really, but no one calls me by it.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;870511]Real glad the backs feeling better Nik, I had a niggle friday night which has cleared off, guess its going to happen now and again.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad yous wasn't bad. Mine is wierd, felt good, then got a pain, feels good now.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;870534]Glad to hear the back is feeling better nik!! How much longer are u gonna be doing your new program? You hitting the push press today?[/QUOTE]

Still got a few weeks yet on the program. It is just getting heavy now. If I do the PP it will be at 3:00 I got to save it for the SP today.

Nik Nichols 11-22-2010 12:48 PM

DAY FIFTEEN
Buy-in: 3 easy rounds of “Cindy”, 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats

Deadlift

Set 1: 225lbs x5
Set 2: 200lbs x5
Press

Set 1: 100lbs
Set 2: 95lbs

Cash out: “Helen“. 3 rounds for time of Run 400M + 21 kettlebell swings (24K/16K) + 12 pull-ups

I screwd up and did 1 pood on the KB swing. I didn't check it and brady sugested we use the same KB anf I did it.

Either way I did it in 8:30 All unbroken with C2B pullups.

Scott Jenkins 11-22-2010 01:51 PM

That's a great Helen time, not done it for a while, good work Nik and its getting heavier Alun :p

Nik Nichols 11-22-2010 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;870630]That's a great Helen time, not done it for a while, good work Nik and its getting heavier Alun :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks and yea FINALLY it is getting a bit challenging. I knew when Cathy put my first name I'd get the Alan jokes!!;)

Nik Nichols 11-22-2010 02:25 PM

3:00

HSPU 3 set max
6,2,5 ( I lost focus on the second set and came off the wall)

Scott Jenkins 11-23-2010 02:05 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;870634]Thanks and yea FINALLY it is getting a bit challenging. I knew when Cathy put my first name I'd get the Alan jokes!!;)[/QUOTE]

Well whats up with you over the pond, do you all use different names, at least Ernesto was close to Ernie but I have never known an 'Alan' shorten it to Nik, you crack me up :rofl:

ps: when I come off the wall I dont count it, just do another set.

Shannon Mullens 11-23-2010 02:14 AM

We're crazy over here, but not that crazy - I bet it's his middle name?

Scott Jenkins 11-23-2010 03:00 AM

[QUOTE=Shannon Mullens;870866]We're crazy over here, but not that crazy - I bet it's his middle name?[/QUOTE]

Guess we are going to find that out today, is your real name Shannon ;)

Shannon Mullens 11-23-2010 05:30 AM

Maaaaaybe.

Oh alright yes. Yes it is. :p

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 06:34 AM

Ok so here is the name story. My name is a mess and there is alot going on with it. First my Birth name is Alan Wade Tinajero, Then I was adopeted to my stept dad, Well name changed to a legal alias to Alan Wade Nichols. My Mom remarried again but my name was never changed to my dad now.

Ok that is the history on my name.

''Nik'' came from my coach in school I guess I was 12 or so. Nik is short for Nichols. It stuck with me from then on. Left School and joined the Navy and it followed. So No one who knows me calls me Alan. Only doctors or sales people, or people calling your phone to sell you something.

Scott you are right though, Most people have ''nick'' names here. My little brother was ''Bubah'' till he was in the Navy. My Oldest brothers name it Joe Arther and called Artie. My Sisters name is Mary and we called her ''Prissy'' forever.

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 06:40 AM

On another note, I will not be working out tomorrow. Cathy is going in for sergery, she is going in for a laparoscopy. She has endometriosis and it is to a point os getting this tissue removed. She has had this done befor, It is a day sergery so all goes well we will be home later that day.

they said the sergery should take an hour or more. So prayers please. I'll post up how it goes.

Shannon Mullens 11-23-2010 06:45 AM

That surgery should be a basic one, but it's never fun to have surgery in the first place. I'm sure she'll get through just fine, but prayers you get anyway. Will be looking for the post to update!

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=Shannon Mullens;870918]That surgery should be a basic one, but it's never fun to have surgery in the first place. I'm sure she'll get through just fine, but prayers you get anyway. Will be looking for the post to update![/QUOTE]

Thanks it means the world.

I expect it to go as they go. But being sedated and under the knife is never ''cut and dry'' I hate taking ibuprofin, so this is big enough for my to be conserned with.

Scott Jenkins 11-23-2010 06:54 AM

Yes send Cathy my best wishes and thanks for clearing up the name thing, its quite obvious with your second name now, I get called 'Jenks' sometimes although when I was young my mum & dad called me 'Nutty Ned' something to do with being nutty or hyper.

Thinking of doing some weighted pull ups today, whats that weighted pull up workout you do?

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;870924]Yes send Cathy my best wishes and thanks for clearing up the name thing, its quite obvious with your second name now, I get called 'Jenks' sometimes although when I was young my mum & dad called me 'Nutty Ned' something to do with being nutty or hyper.

Thinking of doing some weighted pull ups today, whats that weighted pull up workout you do?[/QUOTE]

I knew you had nick names over there too. The Irish are rich with it too.

I will pass on all the prayers and well wishes to Cathy, Thanks, it means the world to know we are not alone in this.

The pullups ladder is 2 reps every min on the min for 10 min. I usually go with 45lbs(20.4K) I have done it with 50lbs(22.6K)

It isnt breathy, but it gets good at the end of the 10 min. I don't know as strong as you are if you might go heavier or not.

Scott Jenkins 11-23-2010 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;870931]I knew you had nick names over there too. The Irish are rich with it too.

I will pass on all the prayers and well wishes to Cathy, Thanks, it means the world to know we are not alone in this.

The pullups ladder is 2 reps every min on the min for 10 min. I usually go with 45lbs(20.4K) I have done it with 50lbs(22.6K)

It isnt breathy, but it gets good at the end of the 10 min. I don't know as strong as you are if you might go heavier or not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again Nik, looks perfect, not looking for breathy as the metcon will do that for me.

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;870937]Thanks again Nik, looks perfect, not looking for breathy as the metcon will do that for me.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem, I hope you like it.

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 07:44 AM

A.M. warm up
30 abmatt situps with 45lbs plate over head
20pushups with fingets pointed at my feet
10 reg pushups
30 C2B pullups 10/10/10 (bar was wet from humidity and hard on the grip)

Scott Jenkins 11-23-2010 07:51 AM

I read on Ernie's log your doing a 20 min amrap of 95lb bear complex. That is going to get really really rough, I will definately hit it when I feel fresh enough.

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 07:57 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;870963]I read on Ernie's log your doing a 20 min amrap of 95lb bear complex. That is going to get really really rough, I will definately hit it when I feel fresh enough.[/QUOTE]

I just checked it and it is 10 min bear with 95lbs. But still, that is my first bear EVER. You ever scared of the workout? ;)

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 12:33 PM

DAY SIXTEEN
Buy-in: 30 box jumps + 30 pistols (15L/15R), split ‘em up however you like. These are skill movements, so spend time thinking about your form, range of motion (full hip extension and solid landings on the box jumps, upright torso and depth on the pistols). Use pistol assistance and progressions as needed.

603 WOD

AMRAP in 10:00 of “Bear Complex” (95#/65#)
Power clean
Front squat
Push press/push jerk
Return the bar behind the neck
Back squat
Push press/push jerk (from behind the neck)
Return to rack

15/14+29? rounds I think.

I was on either 15 or 17 doing thrusters and Brady told me I was cheating and it was FS PP. I stopped that that poing and debated the workout. ''Do I start over fresh? do I start over where I'm at and go from there? Do I stop all together?'' I waisted alot of time just staring at the bar trying to decide what I was going to do if anything.

Well I started my count over with the push press and got another 14 rounds.

Checking the workout it states that doing thrusters was fine, but squat clean was not ok for the PC, FS combo.

I need to pay more attention to the workouts. I could have easily got 35rounds or more. It was easy really. I got 7 rounds in a row befor putting the bar down, then 5s for the most part. Easy day.

Ernie Guevara 11-23-2010 01:41 PM

Good stuff on the workout ni even with the mishap. You still got plenty of reps in here. I'm always scared of the bear because it does a he'll of a job on my grip. But you are right maybe the weight was too light for you today. But then again it was an amrap so I guess you were suppose to go as fast as possible. No worries though since you have hands like a vice grip anyways lol.

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 02:35 PM

DAY SEVENTEEN

Deadlift

Set 1: 225lbs
Set 2: 205lbs
Press

set 1: 100lbs
set 2: 95lbs

Cash out: 7 rounds, for time of 21 squats + 7 KTEs + 3 muscle-ups (strict, of course)
This is tomorrows workout, Cathy is in sergery tomorrw, so I am squeezing in as much as I can today. No time for the metcon, but I may beable to do it tomorrw.

I have been waiting for this workout.

Nik Nichols 11-23-2010 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;871124]Good stuff on the workout ni even with the mishap. You still got plenty of reps in here. I'm always scared of the bear because it does a he'll of a job on my grip. But you are right maybe the weight was too light for you today. But then again it was an amrap so I guess you were suppose to go as fast as possible. No worries though since you have hands like a vice grip anyways lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ernie, it was fun, my shoulders started burning, that is about it. I wanted to do it again after wards to see what I can really do. I think it is worth redoing.