CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Competitions (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2011 Games Predictions (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68807)

Jakob Schmidt 07-20-2011 05:27 AM

Re: 2011 Games Predictions

Posted this on the last predictions thread:

Top 5 Men:
1. Austin Malleolo
2. Rich Froning
3. Ben Smith
4. Chris Spealler
5. Dan Bailey

Top 5 Women:
1. Annie Thorsdottir
2. Becky Conzelman
3. Kristen Clever
4. Becca Voigt
5. Stacey Kroon (Total Kroon-Crush)

Brad Gerbrandt 07-20-2011 07:04 AM

I hope the number 1 woman isn't Clever or Annie for no other reason but everyone thinks they will dominate. It seems like everyone has them in the 1 and 2 spot. I doubt this will happen, but it would make for a great show.
I hear Sam Briggs has a great engine, which got her through regionals, but I think her form isn't up to par to handle what the games will bring. I hope Katie Hogan does well because she is an absolute monster and really fun to watch.

For the guys, I'm rooting for guys like Ben Smith and Spencer Hendle, (because they are young and their numbers are amazing!) and Matt Chan because he seems like an all round good guy and great athlete. I also think Lucas Parker from Canada could surprise a lot of people. I can't wait to see the performance from Holmberg and Mikko because they have been absent from the regionals and out of the spotlight as of late. You know those 2 guys are iching to repeat and we don't really know too much of what they have been doing over the last year.
For some reason I'm rooting against Austin, but I don't know why. Maybe he comes across as being too cocky.

Sorry, no actual list.

Matt Haxmeier 07-20-2011 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=Brad Gerbrandt;963006]
For some reason I'm rooting against Austin, but I don't know why. Maybe he comes across as being too cocky.[/QUOTE]

He's actually really nice in person. We spent a little time with him and James Hobart when they came out to Colorado for the Crossfit/USAW open. Both were really nice and down to earth.

Jeremy Galo 07-20-2011 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=Matt Haxmeier;963082]He's actually really nice in person. We spent a little time with him and James Hobart when they came out to Colorado for the Crossfit/USAW open. Both were really nice and down to earth.[/QUOTE]

2nd this... Those are two really nice guys in person!

Ryan Hoegner 07-20-2011 04:30 PM

Austin trained at our place the week prior to the games last year. Great guy. His Dad has also stopped by and he's in incredible shape, too.

Joey Shishineh 07-20-2011 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=David Meverden;962766]Ben smith was 4th and won't be going to the competition.

And you don't think Froning will be ANYWHERE in the top 10? After last years performance, being 3rd in the open this year, and destroying everyone but Dan Bailey at regionals? I say no way. I think he and Dan Bailey will be strong contenders for the top spot and will take Spealler and Khalipa.[/QUOTE]

Top 5 Men:
1. Chris Spealler
2. Ben Smith
3. Rich Froning
4. Mikko Salo
5. Dan Bailey

Top 5 Women:
1. Kristen Clever
2. Annie Thorsdottir
3. Becky Conzelman
4. Christy Phillips

Jay Rhodes 07-21-2011 07:09 PM

The more I see of Froning, the more I am beginning to wonder if anyone can match him. I guess we'll find out soon.

1. Rich Froning, Jr.
2. Mikko
3. Dan Bailey
4. Nate Schrader
5. Phillip Kniep or Austin Malleolo

I wish I had Mikko #1, Rich #2, but I don't see it. I think Brandon Phillips will be up there again. I'd love to see Speal in the mix too....as the bigger guys get fitter and fitter it makes it more impressive when he dominates.

Women

1. Iceland Annie
2. Kristen Clever
3. Becky Conzelman
4. Camille Leblanc-Bazinet
5. Christie Phillips

I hope Cami finishes higher but Becky looked crazy-good, and I'm calling Annie for the "upset" if you can call it that.

Steve Bray 07-21-2011 08:18 PM

i hope spealer does well.

but i think mikko salo will win it.

Ryan Hoegner 07-25-2011 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;963840]The more I see of Froning, the more I am beginning to wonder if anyone can match him. I guess we'll find out soon.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. He makes it look too easy. I gotta vote for anybody that snacks on peanut butter and jelly all day. haha

James Whitmire 07-26-2011 08:09 PM

I wrote a post handicapping the men's event for the 2011 Games. Check it out and let me know what you think.

[url]http://www.fantasybookies.com/2011/07/26/fantasy-bookies-handicaps-the-reebok-crossfit-games/[/url] (WFS)