CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey. (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=38365)

Samantha Aurelio 10-20-2008 11:35 PM

The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

Well hello there! I've been reading up and searching so I think it's time I start my own blog-thingy :pepper:

I got a little taste of Cross-Fit by stumbling upon a class at he gym. I didn't know what class was available that day and read the paper wrong and just really needed a workout and voila! Cross-Fit! And I've been hooked since. I met Erin, who is going to help me out with this journey I'm about to endure. She's awesome. You should meet her. Hah. Anywayss quick facts:

Height : 5' 0'' (tiny little mee :D)
Weight: 118-120 lbs.
Vegetarian :D
Runner (training in hopes of running the Philadelphia Half Marathon on 11/23/08)
Now addicted to cross-fit hah. :pepper:

I'm more of a bubbly person who enjoys those simple things like hot baths. Meditation, long talks, good music. I'm a music major at the University of the Arts. I study voice. It's tough. Very long days. But I love it. One of my roommates is a body builder and opened my eyes to so many more fabulous nutritional/fitness information. Granted, I'd love to have a body builder/figure athlete's body... I want to be in shape. I'm an athletic girl. CF is loads of fun and the women in it are ridiculously bad ***. Hah. And frankly, I don't like supplementing with a million different pills. Vitamins and Flax Seed Oil is enough for me. Maybe Iron Pills at some point soon because I am a vegetarian. We'll see. But yeah. I like carbs and treating myself to dessert and going out to eat (which he never, ever does). I like enjoying myself rather than making crucial decisions when I pick up a fork. I'm pretty healthy, I don't need to take it so over board.
I live in Philadelphia so I walk and bike (especially) everywhere. I'm in my school's running club. I like to go and explore when I get the chance to but lately school has me so busy it's a little hard. I work at Cosi now so my Fridays and Saturdays are spent serving the happy, the cranky, and the drunk some late night snacks. But yeah. If it was up to me, I'd meditate, write a journal, and listen to acoustic music every night. But time is of the essence. And that's me.

---

food for today?

8:30 AM
1/2 c oatmeal with cinnamon
16 oz green tea

1 PM
Luna Bar
Yogurt
16 oz Chai tea (i like tea..)

4:30 PM
Whole Wheat Wrap : zuccini, green beans, portabella mushrooms, (7) veggie steak strips, f/f cheddar cheese. (Sea salt + Garlic)
(Side) : Broccoli & Green Peas.

9 PM
Luna Bar
Yogurt
Granola
16 oz Tea

11-12ish
1 glass red wine
cheese, fig spread, & bread
(and Sex and the City, hah)

probably too much cheese but girl's night is a passion. Hah.

Tomorrow, runnn!!! :D

Erin Davidson 10-21-2008 01:33 PM

Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

WHAT NOW!?!?!

;) Hey, gorgeous! Nice lil' food log you got going here.

See you tomorrow AM!

Samantha Aurelio 10-21-2008 07:12 PM

Hey Erinnn!! Hah. I'm hooked, what can I say? You're gonna be mad at my food for today. It barely existed..
Today:
(thank goodness for 8 hours of sleep)
11:30 am
Yogurt
Granola
Luna Bar (I like this combo apparently?)
16 oz tea

2 pm
more tea

small handful o' peanuts.

6:30
6:30pm
tofu wrap (wholefoods) [carrots, tofu, olives, rr peppers, rice… I don’t remember everything.]
roasted mozzarella pasta (side)

and now that it's quarter after 10 I'm going home making a snack and getting ample sleep before I see ya tomorrow mornin! <3 !:D

It's been a crazy long day. Like. Wow.

Samantha Aurelio 10-22-2008 06:30 PM

I've noticed I don't eat a lot during my days thanks to long school hours. I need to start cooking and carrying...

8 AM
I don't recall the reps. I do what Erin says to hah.
*pushups. 3 good ones! (no knees)

*deadlifting. MY FIRST TIME! How intense, seriously. It was awesome though. I think it was 115 lbs? Something like that.

*Squatting with weights. Uhh what was it called again? It hurt my wrist a lot. But I did it!

*Ab rolls? They hurt.

I can tell that it's going to hurt when I bike to class because my legs begin to kill.

food?
930am
post workout shake

1030am
½ c oatmeal
cinnamon

1 pm
yogurt/luna bar <- ok. it's cheap and it's in between class. like I said. I want to learn to cook haha.

7 pm (yikes)
2 oz whole grain/omega-3 elbow pasta
1 cup organic tomato and roasted red pepper soup
2 tspn parmesan cheese
1 tbspn f/f mozzarella.

9:30 pm
all natural apple sauce
16 oz tea :)

days are long. i want to focus on this more than i am (food!). BAH. school... grrrr.
well it's week 1 for me. hopefully by a month in i'll see some changed in my attack at this and my food and my training. now time to practice for my recital in a WEEEEK! kbaiiii :pepper: <-i like the pepper. ;)

Samantha Aurelio 10-23-2008 07:56 PM

Todayyyyyyyy

Slept a lot! Like... 9 or 10 hours. Wow, that never happens!

Woke up, warmed up. Squats, pushups, squats with the PVC bar.
Tomorrow is training day in the cold (brrr :brrr:)

food?
10/23/08
8 AM
½ cup oatmeal
16 oz tea (Chai)

1pm
luna bar
yogurt
tea

7pm
Mediterranean wrap (hummus, cucumbers, artichoke, red onion, tomato, spinach, black olives, feta cheese, spinach tortilla)
Roasted mozzarella [side] (pasta, spinach, roasted red peppers, smoked mozzarella, dressing, & parmesan cheese.) *i took the little whole foods barcode with the ingredients on it haha*

1045pm
handful of nuts
natural applesauce
green teaaaa :)

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FOOD SESSION ON SATURDAYYYY
my diet need mucho help.:(
f'realz.
:rolleyes:

Erin Davidson 10-23-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samantha Aurelio (Post 430281)

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FOOD SESSION ON SATURDAYYYY
my diet need mucho help.:(
f'realz.
:rolleyes:

Me neither!!!!

:pepper:

Samantha Aurelio 10-24-2008 06:54 PM

What a terrible eating day...
okay the day started with workout.
my first Cindy! (10-minute session.)
I got through 9.66(?) rounds in 10 minutes. It was awesome though hah. I also did pull-ups, pushups, single leg weighted squats and the ring pull-ups.
awesome

food?
9am
post workout shake yummy

10am
oatmeal w/cinnamon

1pm
rice w/olive oil, spinach, pigeon beans, and green olives (delish)

4:30pm DUNDUNDUN
yogurt&luna bar. (you knew it was coming.)

7pm
small slice of bread and hummus

9:45pm
handful peanuts.
then
oatmeal(again..)
w/cinnamon, 1tspn cocoa powder, and soymilk.. i tried. it didn't taste that great. ah well.

TOMORROW IS THE FOOD SESSION AND I GOT OUT OF WORK EARLY SO THATS DOUBLE YAYYY! :pepper::pepper: Hah. Okay. Tomorrow = running + food + food shopping. Then work again, but w/e.

Okay. So.
Okay. I'll stop babbling.

BTW. Fish? In my diet? Sounds appetizing. The more I consider it, the better tasting fish looks to me haha. Okay. Time to peace. Yell at me for my food intake today later. kbaiii !!!!! <3 :highfive:

Samantha Aurelio 10-25-2008 10:07 PM

Today was a day of challenges, let me tell you.
The WOD was (in two groups of 4 ) :
250 pull ups
300 push ups
400 squats
OUCH.
I did a shnazzy load of squats. And.. I ache. Hah.
Thennnn! PALEO POTLUCK! Wooo! I tried some amazing things I'd never had before. :) I love Crossfit, that's all I gotta say.

food?
9:30 AM
Protein Shake (2 tspns of cocoa powder)

1130 am
PALEO POTLUCK!
Spaghetti squash
hemp bars
raw salad(?)
coconut thing..?

all i gotta say is paleo is the way to go <3 :pepper:

4 pm
handful almonds.
then
3 eggs
garlic
onion
zuccini
broccoli
green peas
black olives

7:45pm
Cosi bread
Hummus
Tomato Spread

tomorrow is another day and i hope it'll be a better one.
save the food shopping for after tomorrow's workout i guess.

night y'all.

Samantha Aurelio 10-26-2008 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Official Rundown of Yesterday's WOD :
Ouchiiiiies! :]
Can you say sore? Yeahhh <3 :kicking0:

TREVOR

Complete in teams of four:

250 Pullups
350 Pushups
400 Squats

Samantha Aurelio 10-26-2008 06:45 PM

Okay! Today was a Cross Fit Total!
Front Squat: 45x5/ 55x5/ 65x3/ 75x1/ 95x1/ 95x1/ 105xf (hole)/ 100x1!!!
Dead Lift: 95x1/ 115x1/ 125x1!
Press (I couldn't do this last week..) : 45x1/ 55x1/ 60xf

CFT : 280!!!! :pepper:

food?
Erin took me food shopping today, it was the most informative grocery shopping trip I've ever had. Hah. (I even bought TUNA)

10am
½ c oatmeal
erin’s grinder cinnamon
16 oz chai tea ☺

1230 pm
Hemp bars thanks to Erin
Tea

8pm x_x!
Spaghetti Squash
and Erin's raw salad.
With a little bit of that coconut thing Allison made? It's delish.

So my roommates saw all the food I'm giving away and all teh food in my cabinets. They... don't know who I am haha They want to know where I put Samantha. Hah. I'm very excited about this whole thing. I can't wait to cook up a storm later!!!!!!!!!!! <3 :D