CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tyler, You said the 15th... (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=12926)

Tyler Hass 01-23-2006 06:00 PM

Skip,
Definitely yes, your place in line will not change. You guys are the ones that put in the extra effort. I appreciate it a lot. Thanks,
Tyler
ps I have to come visit your gym. I play golf occasionally up in Burlington.

Jared Waltz 01-23-2006 07:14 PM

What does 'not designed for swing moves' mean?
Is it because of the strap threading system, or is it a matter of stresses?

Tyler Hass 01-23-2006 09:57 PM

It is mostly a matter of stresses. Most gymnasts fall into the under-160 lbs. category. The people on my rings run the gamut from 95-300+ lbs. And the attachment points for the rings vary as well. Not all ceilings would be able to support the loads either. It's better just to leave the swing moves to the gymnastics facilities.
If you happen to fall from a handstand or something like that, you will be fine though. Each ring can support up to a 1000 lbs.

Tyler

Jared Waltz 01-23-2006 10:38 PM

cool, thanks for the clarification!

John Seiler 01-27-2006 12:26 PM

Michael,

Holy Crap! Were they running a special on bolts at the hardware store!? Just kidding -that looks great; better safe than sorry. Reminds of some bunk beds we built in college ; called them the "nuclear bunking".

John Velandra 01-31-2006 12:23 PM

Tyler,
Any update on ship dates?

Thanks so much!
John

Stanley Kunnathu 01-31-2006 06:21 PM

From the Power Athletes Forum at RingTraining.com:

admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael,
I will get them out as soon as they are ready. I'm hoping to ship some out this week. It sounds like the materials are slated to come in today.

Tyler

Ryan Payne 01-31-2006 08:36 PM

I just sold my old ones on eBay for $55 so now I am without rings for the time being. I thought the timing of my sale and my new purchase would work perfectly.

Doug Emerson 02-01-2006 11:01 AM

Anyone else having issues with your order? I placed my original order on DEC 2. Had to re-order on JAN 23 due to my original order expiring. Re-ordered *cool* logged onto my Wells Fargo account. Saw the transaction pending. Right on, I'm actually going to get my rings. Checked my bank statement again the other day. No record of my order. I have plenty of money in my account. What happened to the transaction? I want my rings:angry:Anyone else having this issue?

Tyler Hass 02-01-2006 01:39 PM

Doug,
I haven't charged the card yet. A temporary charge always shows up immediately after you order, I guess to verify that funds are in teh account. But no money is withdrawn at this point. I have to capture the charges manually and I will not do that till they ship out.
In the good news dept, the materials arrived today and manufacturing is underway. From what I hear, they look awesome. I will get some pictures of them tomorrow.

Tyler