CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Laurie Smith 10-27-2010 12:44 PM

Re: Nik

Nice work Nik! That looks like a rough one. Glad it's my rest day.

Nik Nichols 10-27-2010 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;860686]Nice work Nik! That looks like a rough one. Glad it's my rest day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks it was a fun one. I bet you would have done good on it.

Nik Nichols 10-27-2010 01:33 PM

3:00 break

rolled my left shoulder front and back and shoulder blade 7min

hollow rock for 2 min

10 each leg pistols

Scott Jenkins 10-27-2010 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;860666]They were tough. My legs and hips would get to burning from being bent for so long, the only reliefe was standing up after the snach and that was only for a second then it was into a squat again.

I managed 1:23sec in the hollow rock pre workout.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, highly technical work makes you out of breath.

Thats a lot of hollow rocking, I find it hard to count the seconds and not count the rocks instead!

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 06:07 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;860905]Yeah, highly technical work makes you out of breath.

Thats a lot of hollow rocking, I find it hard to count the seconds and not count the rocks instead![/QUOTE]

I didn't count the seconds, I counted the rocks. That is whay the first round was only 1:23, I just stopped rocking after I think it was 75 rocks. I couldn't see the timer, I just picked an amount to rock to and see where it was on the timer.

Well 5K today. I will have to map out a new course to run now that we have moved. Looking forward to it today.

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 06:13 AM

Is the Mobility workout still stuck on tuesday? Has he not posted a new one?

Scott Jenkins 10-28-2010 06:27 AM

Think I am still only on about 20 rocks, I will give it a go today either before or after the run.

Last time I looked the mobility WOD had not changed but he said to expect it late as he is travelling today, maybe he's coming to film Nik Nichols hollow rocking for tomorrows mobility wod!

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 06:35 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;860983]Think I am still only on about 20 rocks, I will give it a go today either before or after the run.

Last time I looked the mobility WOD had not changed but he said to expect it late as he is travelling today, maybe he's coming to film Nik Nichols hollow rocking for tomorrows mobility wod![/QUOTE]

I wish he was coming here''no pain face''

I say do the rocks after so as not to affect the run. That kind of core abuse will be felt on the run for sure.

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 06:38 AM

A.M. warm up
30 reps all
GHD's
back ext no weight
abmatt situps with65pound barbell( rough, broke into set of 10)
OHS's with 45pound bar
Ring pushups

Marianne Urbanski 10-28-2010 06:42 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;860990]A.M. warm up
30 reps all
GHD's
back ext no weight
abmatt situps with65pound barbell( rough, broke into set of 10)
OHS's with 45pound bar
Ring pushups[/quote]

thats a warm up? i'm tired looking at it.. yup.. it is true.. CF warm ups are other people's workouts!!

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;860994]thats a warm up? i'm tired looking at it.. yup.. it is true.. CF warm ups are other people's workouts!![/QUOTE]

HAHAHA yep actually I havent been doing my pullups lately either.

Shannon Mullens 10-28-2010 07:44 AM

Watching your workouts reminds me I really need to get my butt in gear creating space for a home gym. (It also gives me goals and jealous fits, but I mean that in a totally good way!)

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=Shannon Mullens;861019]Watching your workouts reminds me I really need to get my butt in gear creating space for a home gym. (It also gives me goals and jealous fits, but I mean that in a totally good way!)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Get that gym together! Me I just want to be capable. There is so much to work on. The morning warnups is mostly for 2 reasons. I have arthritus in my lower back and to strenth my core. I had a bad problem from always pulling my back befor crossfit. Now I combat it every day and try to strenth it as much as I can.

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 08:47 AM

10:00 break. Went and drove out my new 5K route and did some leg streches.

Scott Jenkins 10-28-2010 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861059]10:00 break. Went and drove out my new 5K route and did some leg streches.[/QUOTE]

What time did you drive it in :D

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861109]What time did you drive it in :D[/QUOTE]

Man I shoud have stuck to the car.

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 11:17 AM

Run 5K

time 30:52

Now it felt good.

and my excuse is I don't really trust my mesurement. I just clocked it in my car. I will go on line and trace it out and see if I'm colse.

Now the run felt fine. Better then I though it would. Pushed on the hills. ran harder on the down hills. kicked at the end everything. So I'm fine with the run. Either way it was good to get a 10 k in.

Scott Jenkins 10-28-2010 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861160]Run 5K

time 30:52

Now it felt good.

and my excuse is I don't really trust my mesurement. I just clocked it in my car. I will go on line and trace it out and see if I'm colse.

Now the run felt fine. Better then I though it would. Pushed on the hills. ran harder on the down hills. kicked at the end everything. So I'm fine with the run. Either way it was good to get a 10 k in.[/QUOTE]

Fine work then Nik, as long as it felt good and you kept running all the way the distance must of been longer than 5k, you ever looked on [url]www.mapmyrun.com[/url], its really accurate and I am sure it is all over the world.

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861176]Fine work then Nik, as long as it felt good and you kept running all the way the distance must of been longer than 5k, you ever looked on [url]www.mapmyrun.com[/url], its really accurate and I am sure it is all over the world.[/QUOTE]

I used usatf.com

And low and behold it was 5and 1/2 K so I run 1/2 a K to much. I'm happy with that.

Nik Nichols 10-28-2010 01:35 PM

3:00 break

Streching

hips, quads, hams,calfs, shins 2min each pard and side except the shins, left anckel didn't like the position.

16:30

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 04:22 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861184]I used usatf.com

And low and behold it was 5and 1/2 K so I run 1/2 a K to much. I'm happy with that.[/QUOTE]

Better to go further and realise you was faster than you thought.

Mobility WOD is finally up, the guy in the video Jani is a friend of mine, we tied for 4th place in the 2009 European regional, the first ever regional where we were up against Mikko, he won of course.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861400]Better to go further and realise you was faster than you thought.

Mobility WOD is finally up, the guy in the video Jani is a friend of mine, we tied for 4th place in the 2009 European regional, the first ever regional where we were up against Mikko, he won of course.[/QUOTE]

I started to watch the mobility workout yesterday and got interupted, I'll watch it here in a second. Really I missed a couple of videos the last two days from the mainpage I'm catching up on now. I have been watching the throw down comp, it looks like it would be fun.

Yea real glad on the run yesterday, I don't know what my 5k time is but it is way better then 30min and the last time I ran it was in28min so it was better then that and that is good.

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 06:45 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861430]I started to watch the mobility workout yesterday and got interupted, I'll watch it here in a second. Really I missed a couple of videos the last two days from the mainpage I'm catching up on now. I have been watching the throw down comp, it looks like it would be fun.

Yea real glad on the run yesterday, I don't know what my 5k time is but it is way better then 30min and the last time I ran it was in28min so it was better then that and that is good.[/QUOTE]

That throwdown comp is great watching, today's hill run is really good, reckon I could definately get amongst them on that one, trick would be to get ahead at the start.

Reckon with a straight 5k you will be around 25 miniutes now Nik with that time, just got to thrown a bit of extra hard running in now and again.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861434]That throwdown comp is great watching, today's hill run is really good, reckon I could definately get amongst them on that one, trick would be to get ahead at the start.

Reckon with a straight 5k you will be around 25 miniutes now Nik with that time, just got to thrown a bit of extra hard running in now and again.[/QUOTE]

Yea I have little course that I will mesure, it is a good little run and I have a little workout with it where I do 25DU's and run to the turn arround 50DU's run back 25DU's so I'm working two weakness at a time.

What do you think of todays workout?

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 06:58 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861439]Yea I have little course that I will mesure, it is a good little run and I have a little workout with it where I do 25DU's and run to the turn arround 50DU's run back 25DU's so I'm working two weakness at a time.

What do you think of todays workout?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good course, a lot like something I do with the running and double unders. Jay has some great points on Ernie's log about there being a lack of running lately on main page and how running mixed with other exercises is not the same as all out efforts at set distances.

Im not a big fan of todays kind of workout, GHD's and back extensions in a timed format are not my thing. I will probably re-programme it to meet more of my goals tomorrow.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861445]Sounds like a good course, a lot like something I do with the running and double unders. Jay has some great points on Ernie's log about there being a lack of running lately on main page and how running mixed with other exercises is not the same as all out efforts at set distances.

Im not a big fan of todays kind of workout, GHD's and back extensions in a timed format are not my thing. I will probably re-programme it to meet more of my goals tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Ah man. Now I don't want to do it either!JK I think I will burnout on the GHD's Vack ext will be ok I think, But that many GHDs I will hit fatigue.

I want to hit HSPU's again today, that and press and heavy back squat, and DU's. I have alot I want to do today. I hope to get it all in.

On the running. Do you thing Jay ment to just run distance? Not mix?

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 08:41 AM

10:00 break

Just some streching to loosten up my legs from yesterday and get them ready for today.

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 08:51 AM

Jay meant do more of the straight 5k runs or the 4 x 400m runs with the 2 minute rests inbetween. When you hit runs combined with weight lifting you tend to game the run and not really test yourself over the distance.

Also Jay changed todays metcon to a 12 minute amrap and hit some heavy lifting beforehand as 150 or so GHD's is going to hurt for days afterwards.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861514]Jay meant do more of the straight 5k runs or the 4 x 400m runs with the 2 minute rests inbetween. When you hit runs combined with weight lifting you tend to game the run and not really test yourself over the distance.

Also Jay changed todays metcon to a 12 minute amrap and hit some heavy lifting beforehand as 150 or so GHD's is going to hurt for days afterwards.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to hit the running then. I see what you mean about gaming the run though.

My little route is 220m one way. So I'd do 25DUs 220 run 50DU's 220run25DUs.

Scott Jenkins 10-29-2010 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861518]I'll have to hit the running then. I see what you mean about gaming the run though.

My little route is 220m one way. So I'd do 25DUs 220 run 50DU's 220run25DUs.[/QUOTE]

Your workout has its place also Nik, variety and change is the way to go. Im just going to try and hit running specific once a week.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861521]Your workout has its place also Nik, variety and change is the way to go. Im just going to try and hit running specific once a week.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I need it for sure.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 10:07 AM

Ok pre workout excuses. I have had bad alergys frm yesyerday. Stipped up head slight head ache, nose running. sneezing. I didn't take anything for it last night or today because I was afraid of the effect the meds would have on the workout.

I hope the alergies don't bother the workout,I will be going hard as I can. AND after I'm done, I'm taking meds for me head.

I just wanted to post it befor asd it would feel like an excuse aftwer the workout.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 11:30 AM

DU practice went bad. I hit 20reps and got a head ache from alergies/sinus pressure

HSPU max one set 11reps
I though my head ache would kill the HSPU's but it didn't
The last reps wqas real tough, it reall was a max effort. reps 9/10/11 wwere all rough, but I hit 9 and wasn't going to not get 10 then i pushed for 11 wicch I almost didn't get.

3x3 squats with 235lbs felt good
I paced the workout for fear of my alergies but as it went I seemd to clear up fine.

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
10 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Back extensions

12 rounds.

I hit 8 round in 13min. I paced it All sets unbroken. GHDs were the hard part.

Anthony Mattox 10-29-2010 08:05 PM

Just campared your 10/25/10 WOD and you were smoking me Nik. Great job! Starting with 175 and finishing w/165 - most excellent. I thought I could have gone a little heavier, but nothing close to this. I didn't even think about C2Bs. Pull-ups are another weak area of mine. Tony

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2010 01:38 AM

Great work Nik, thats 11 hspu's your on now, the race for 15 is on!! Also good work on the 20 min amrap with the sinuses playing up it must be hard.

Nik Nichols 10-30-2010 05:32 AM

[QUOTE=Anthony Mattox;861716]Just campared your 10/25/10 WOD and you were smoking me Nik. Great job! Starting with 175 and finishing w/165 - most excellent. I thought I could have gone a little heavier, but nothing close to this. I didn't even think about C2Bs. Pull-ups are another weak area of mine. Tony[/QUOTE]

Eh iI found out the hard way it is way harder to do heavy cleans in a time setting instean of a max. I'll check your log on it in a bit, it was a fun one though.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861770]Great work Nik, thats 11 hspu's your on now, the race for 15 is on!! Also good work on the 20 min amrap with the sinuses playing up it must be hard.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the race is to 15 on the HSPUs.

I paced it to slow on the 20min. I never pace, but with the sinus and the GHD's I didn't want to burn out and have huge breaks or muscle fatigue, well I paced it to slow.

I was glad I didn't break anything, but I have to say the dreaded''I could have gone harder.'' Leavs a nasty tase in my mouth.

Camille Lore 10-30-2010 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861542]Ok pre workout excuses. I have had bad alergys frm yesyerday. Stipped up head slight head ache, nose running. sneezing. I didn't take anything for it last night or today because I was afraid of the effect the meds would have on the workout.

I hope the alergies don't bother the workout,I will be going hard as I can. AND after I'm done, I'm taking meds for me head.

I just wanted to post it befor asd it would feel like an excuse aftwer the workout.[/QUOTE]

And here I thought you were using this as an excuse to NOT work out. Should have known otherwise! :bonk

Nik Nichols 10-30-2010 08:01 PM

[QUOTE=Camille Lore;861812]And here I thought you were using this as an excuse to NOT work out. Should have known otherwise! :bonk[/QUOTE]

You know me, can't miss a workout if at all possible.;)

Nik Nichols 10-30-2010 08:03 PM

155 pound Squat Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

time 14:02.

Not real happy with it but I'm not going to wine about it. Only real post is bad form, missed a few reps. Enede up on my toes on the clean in the squat for some reason whic I almost never do. But glad I got it done.

Scott Jenkins 10-31-2010 02:09 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;862009]155 pound Squat Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

time 14:02.

Not real happy with it but I'm not going to wine about it. Only real post is bad form, missed a few reps. Enede up on my toes on the clean in the squat for some reason whic I almost never do. But glad I got it done.[/QUOTE]

You got this done early Nik, you could almost call it: Bodyweight Squat Clean & Jerk x 30, good work mate, I could not complete this with 190lb no way.