CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-26-2012 08:32 AM

Re: Nik

A.M. warm up.

19 and 1/2 HSPUs game standard. ( I got half way up on the last rep and just gave out.)
20 GHDs
20 back ext
20 abmatt situps
20 squats
10 close over hand dead hangs
10 wide C2B dead hangs
20 pushups

rolled my back 2:00min
rolled piriformus 2:00min a side
rolled hip flexers 2:00min a side.

Nik Nichols 11-26-2012 10:10 AM

10:00 break

5/3/1 squat
135lbs x3
185lbs x3
235lbs x3
285lbs x3
310lbs(140k) x5

Glad to get it done but I am not feeling good. I feel light headed and hands are shaking. Last rep my back got really tight. I rolled it for 2:00min but still not right. :ranting2:

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 07:19 AM

I took a bad turn yesterday.

I got real shakey and felt weird and kind of light headed. Blood pressure is fine(hige in the good scale but ok) blood sugar ok. My back is still sore. I feel kind of hung over from yesterday. I hope it clears soon. Off to stretch now and see where I'm at.

Scott Jenkins 11-27-2012 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1110426]I took a bad turn yesterday.

I got real shakey and felt weird and kind of light headed. Blood pressure is fine(hige in the good scale but ok) blood sugar ok. My back is still sore. I feel kind of hung over from yesterday. I hope it clears soon. Off to stretch now and see where I'm at.[/QUOTE]

**** Nik sounds worrying, you know what to do, get it sorted and try and stay away from anything heavy.

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 07:51 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1110429]**** Nik sounds worrying, you know what to do, get it sorted and try and stay away from anything heavy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott. I/we tried to get to the Dr yesterday, big waist of time there. 2 hours at the emergency room and we ended up leaving and I could not get an appointment to my regular doctor. Cathy is trying to sort out an appointment, but with work that will be really tough.

I'm ok though. Just feel kind of a little hung over and tired even though I got alot of sleep. No heavy for a wile. my back is a little sore any way, so I will take it easy.

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 07:53 AM

A.M. warm up
30 GHDs
30 back ext
10 HSPUs
30 abmatt situps
10 HSPUs

kicking drills
rolled my back 2:00min
rolled piriformus 2:00min a side
rolled hip flexers 2;00min a side

squat
bar x3
135lbs x3

still woozy feeling but ok.

Scott Jenkins 11-27-2012 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1110437]Thanks Scott. I/we tried to get to the Dr yesterday, big waist of time there. 2 hours at the emergency room and we ended up leaving and I could not get an appointment to my regular doctor. Cathy is trying to sort out an appointment, but with work that will be really tough.

I'm ok though. Just feel kind of a little hung over and tired even though I got alot of sleep. No heavy for a wile. my back is a little sore any way, so I will take it easy.[/QUOTE]

Yes, take it easy to you find out what was wrong, plenty of bodyweight stuff you can still chase along in the meantime as I see you already have posted on. Im still having knee pains, mostly when walking downstairs not upstairs, thats fine and squatting is fine, weird and a nuisance.

Patrick Haskell 11-27-2012 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1110426]I took a bad turn yesterday.

I got real shakey and felt weird and kind of light headed. Blood pressure is fine(hige in the good scale but ok) blood sugar ok. My back is still sore. I feel kind of hung over from yesterday. I hope it clears soon. Off to stretch now and see where I'm at.[/QUOTE]

I've had this happen to me squatting for reps. It's not a good feeling, but I don't think it's anything serious - at least for me. Still, we're at that age where scary things can happen with people's blood vessels, so it's good to be cautious and not push it when feeling that way (as if simply being lightheaded with 300# on your back wasn't a good enough reason to take a pause). A good warmup and solid breathing seem to keep it from occurring to me.

Numbers are looking good. Slow and steady progress is working well for you.

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;1110473]I've had this happen to me squatting for reps. It's not a good feeling, but I don't think it's anything serious - at least for me. Still, we're at that age where scary things can happen with people's blood vessels, so it's good to be cautious and not push it when feeling that way (as if simply being lightheaded with 300# on your back wasn't a good enough reason to take a pause). A good warmup and solid breathing seem to keep it from occurring to me.

Numbers are looking good. Slow and steady progress is working well for you.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I agree. I have gotten light heaed befor, but not it getting worse after the lift. But seems ok today though I am taking it easy. With the ''fuzzy'' head and sore back. It will be an upper budy metcon for me today.

Nik Nichols 11-27-2012 09:54 AM

10:00 break

light today to test my head and back a little and be happy.

135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1
285lbs x1
330lbs(150k) x1
felt good. Head was fine. I took the reps slow and careful on the back. It was fine on the squat movement. Though still sore. Seems it is the bending that bothers it. not load bering somuch.

Glad to have done it. :) happy.