CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-15-2012 09:46 AM

Re: Nik

10:00 break

dealy (deload squat)
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
225lbs x1

easy. Calf was fine.

deload dead lift 60% of ''working max'' x5reps
135lbs x5
185lbs x5
225lbs x5

easy.

Nik Nichols 11-15-2012 12:36 PM

No workout, but the car sold. So that is good. I got me 3:00 break for something. 15:00mins is not enough for the CM2 workout. :shrug:

Nik Nichols 11-15-2012 03:18 PM

3:00 break

5 rounds for time
5 reps power clean @ 155lbs(70k)
25 push ups
time 10:13

power cleas slow but ok. Pushups broke after first set. 15/5/5 pretty much the rest of the workout. That was the time, fatigue. Glad to get this done/ I'm feeling a bit worthless this week and the calf is still sore. Hurt to catch a squat clean at the bottom.

Scott Jenkins 11-16-2012 06:19 AM

We need to join up then we would have 2x good knees Nik. Keep working around it and do the usual recovery things for the knee, it will get there. In the meantime get better at muscle ups hspu etc.. always a positive

Nik Nichols 11-16-2012 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1107999]We need to join up then we would have 2x good knees Nik. Keep working around it and do the usual recovery things for the knee, it will get there. In the meantime get better at muscle ups hspu etc.. always a positive[/QUOTE]

HA yea, I'd give you my good one to get you through the next qualifier. When will it be posted?

Will do on working arround the calf, I'm more worried about my squat come Monday. I hate missing my squat day.

Scott Jenkins 11-16-2012 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1108007]HA yea, I'd give you my good one to get you through the next qualifier. When will it be posted?

Will do on working arround the calf, I'm more worried about my squat come Monday. I hate missing my squat day.[/QUOTE]

Next workout is posted Sunday 6pm (my time), expecting something light and breathy after the squat fest, maybe a quite long one also.

Remember its only squat day, and by missing the next squat day you will be able to do the following 20. Rob told me last night to stop if my knee started hurting bad, no point in a small qualifier workout compared to having a decent knee for life.

Nik Nichols 11-16-2012 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1108019]Next workout is posted Sunday 6pm (my time), expecting something light and breathy after the squat fest, maybe a quite long one also.

Remember its only squat day, and by missing the next squat day you will be able to do the following 20. Rob told me last night to stop if my knee started hurting bad, no point in a small qualifier workout compared to having a decent knee for life.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I keep telling myself that .it is tough. I am like you in the respect that I love to train and not training the way I want makes me grumpy. Plus I feel like I'm backing up. Like I will loose ground.

I understand that healing is more important. It really is a struggle. My squats is really coming along and I was am looking forward to it. Hey, today is Friday, Monday is a wile now. So worring about that is stuped.

I will work arround it for now and be better for it.

Scott Jenkins 11-16-2012 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1108021]Yea, I keep telling myself that .it is tough. I am like you in the respect that I love to train and not training the way I want makes me grumpy. Plus I feel like I'm backing up. Like I will loose ground.

I understand that healing is more important. It really is a struggle. My squats is really coming along and I was am looking forward to it. Hey, today is Friday, Monday is a wile now. So worring about that is stuped.

I will work arround it for now and be better for it.[/QUOTE]

One more thing Nik, with my knee I tried icing for a few days, then heating it for a few days. The biggest effect I found was combining them, 20 minutes heat first then 20 minutes ice, next morning was the biggest noticeable improvement.

Nik Nichols 11-16-2012 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1108051]One more thing Nik, with my knee I tried icing for a few days, then heating it for a few days. The biggest effect I found was combining them, 20 minutes heat first then 20 minutes ice, next morning was the biggest noticeable improvement.[/QUOTE]

I will try that tonight. Like you , it is getting better, but it is not right.

Nik Nichols 11-16-2012 09:54 AM

10:00 break
daily(deload) squat
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1

all easy, calf is tight in the hole so no bounce at all at the bottom.

rolled my left calf 8:00min.