CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 10-14-2009 05:30 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Yesterday was a rest day. I wired, wired, wired my basement until something more intersting happened. A guy I work with came over to try out Crossfit, we went over some stuff and I had him do a modified Fran. He did well and hopefully keeps coming back for more. I wouldn't mind having a group of people in town to do this with. we may even be able to pool our resources and have a micro co-op gym. Anyways...

Today:

CFWU X 3

800m run
15 left legged pistols
15 right legged pistols
25 sit ups
12 left legged pistols
12 right legged pistols
25 sit ups
9 right legged pistols
9 left legged pistols
25 sit ups
800m run

15'28"

No weights on the pistols, this was my first time doing them, went better as I did more. On anither note I did this outside in the snow, that's right it's snowy and slushy here today boo ! I think I better get up early tomorrow morning and do my WOD cause I am off to the city after work to meet back up with the family, and laso check out Crossfit Winnipeg.

Jason A Smith 10-15-2009 01:59 PM

Today:

CFWU X 2

18-15-12-9-6-3
60 ish lb power cleans
sit ups
good mornings with above bar

13'05"

I did this quickly at work during my lunch time. I work at a mine, so I ran up the stair to the head frame buidling (about 300 ft up) did my warm up and did my WOD with a steel round bar in my coveralls safety boots, glasses and hard hat. It was hot up there as well about 29C, so there yesterday in the snow, today in an industrial setting...functional fitness. Tomorrow will either be in my in laws basement or Crossfit Winnipeg. A much more "normal" setting.

Jason A Smith 10-17-2009 01:10 PM

Yesterday I rested,but was quite busy running errands etc.

Today:

CFWU X 2

15 muscle ups for time

8'19"

I actually did 15 muscle ups ! Very excited, next time 20 then 25 then 30. I am very happy about getting them going. After I can do 30 I will start trying to best my time. Gonna keep going 3 more days and then a rest day.

Jason A Smith 10-18-2009 04:34 PM

Today:

CFWU X 3

Thruster

1-1-1-1-1-1-1

115-125-135-140-145(F)-145-135

Tweaked my neck and shoulders, hopefully will feel better in the morning, still fighting off a cold as well.

Jason A Smith 10-20-2009 05:29 PM

It's official, I am fighting off a cold. I came home from work early yesterday and decided that resting would be a better idea and I think it was. So I skipped yesterday's WOD even though I had it all planned out. Maybe another time when I do an ME and have some juice left.

Today

Run 5km

22'03"

Not bad, I am sick so I was okay with my time. I really lumbered through the middle of my run and contemplated quitting. Took the same route as last time so I knw my time sucked. I will be gunning for under 21' next time out and will have to push hard to do it. Early to bed tonight.

Jason A Smith 10-21-2009 05:45 PM

Today:

CFWU X 3 subbed pull ups and dips for push ups

"Fran"
21-15-9
65lb thrusters
pull ups

3'04"

This was my first ever encounter with Ms. Fran I managed only to slow only the last round. I watched some of the videos with Speal and Mikko doing it as Rx'd under three minutes. My goal for my Crossfit anniversary will be under 5 min as Rx'd. There a benchmark, next time with 75lbs....

Jason A Smith 10-23-2009 05:52 AM

Took yesterday as rest/travel day:

Today @ Crossfit Winnipeg:

CFWU X 3

Power Clean:
1-1-1-1-1-1-1

I worked on technique, got some tips and did a bunch of hang cleans/cleans in the 95-135 range. Maxed out at 155.

Buy out:

Strict Toes to bar ladder:

Made it to round 12 and died

Had an awesome time, Tania wa sa great coach and gave lots of positive coaching. I will be going back tomorrow for more.

Jason A Smith 10-24-2009 12:58 PM

Today @ Crossfit Winnipeg

AMRAP in 20min

10 55lb KB swings
10 pull ups
10 wall ball shots w/20 lb ball

8 rounds + 5 swings

Jason A Smith 10-26-2009 08:47 PM

Today:

A little sore still in the shoulders.

CFWU X 3

5 rounds for time:

95 lb hang squat clean 15 reps
20 push ups

19'36"

I have determined that cleans may be my nemesis. They got somewhat better as I went along. I got some coaching this weekend on them and it hepled quite a bit. Was not looking forward to this tonight but I pushed pretty hard, had to take some breaks. Hopefully I feel more motivated tomorrow.

Jason A Smith 10-28-2009 04:57 PM

I threw in an extra rest day yesterday to try and catch up some much needed sleep, which I managed to accomplish. So I skipped out on what would have been hip back extensions and running.

Today:

CFWU X 3

"Tyler'

3 rounds for time
7 muscle ups
21 SDHP 65 lbs

12'46"

This seems a little quicker than it should have been, I probably could have scaled up today. All the muscle ups were done from my knees arms a little bent. I only did the "kneeling" muscle up on three of them. It would be nice to have more head room but my garage wouldn't be a good choice, so I am stuck in the basement for now. On a side note, my shoulders are sore ! I think I should do some stretching tomorrow.