CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Health and Medical Issues (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dropping performance…. No energy during workouts. (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=61892)

David M Welton 09-29-2010 01:28 PM

Dropping performance…. No energy during workouts.

The last month I have had no energy at the midpoint of a wod. Most of my PRs have dropped too. I’m eating the same way that I always have. (80-90% Paleo) I have been doing CrossFit for 8 months now with no problem. I took a week off to see if I just needed to give my body rest but that did not help. Any ideas? Thank you. -David

Kristofer Shamloo 09-29-2010 06:49 PM

Re: Dropping performance…. No energy during workouts.

Perhaps a week wasn't long enough, maybe shift gears for a bit take a few weeks off from CF in general. Get into hiking, climbing, swimming, something different. Sounds like you are burnt out physically, mentally, or both.

David M Welton 09-29-2010 07:16 PM

Ya I think a lot of it must be in my head. I feel like I lost all motovation to even start a workout where before I woke up excited to check the main site and see what the wod was.... Thanks for the advise.

Eric Montgomery 09-29-2010 09:23 PM

Are you eating enough? Getting enough sleep? Staying asleep for most of the night and waking up feeling energized or do you toss and turn and drag in the morning? Are you taking fish oil/Vitamin D3/ZMA/cal-mag-zinc? If you're deficient in zinc or magnesium that can affect the quality of your sleep and have the same effect as lower testosterone levels, so try ZMA or CMZ supplements.

What kind of workouts are you doing? If it's a lot of 45 minute chippers, then you're probably dealing with some cortisol issues.

Pearse Shields 09-30-2010 12:57 AM

Change your focus on exercise. Find something that will invigorate you, something fresh and new. Then, after a while, come back to Crossfit. Taking a break from Crossfit while staying active is the best advice, provided you're eating, sleeping and resting well.

Steven Low 09-30-2010 07:29 AM

Take at least 2 weeks off and only do light recovery work

David M Welton 09-30-2010 10:15 AM

I eat alot! I never feel hungry. I have been waking up pretty tired though.... To the question about fish oil, No I have never taken any becuase I eat fish at least 3 days a week. I have some that I bought from sams club but just never took it. Will this help? How much should I take a day? Thank you...