CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   CrossFit Dating (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50293)

Daniel Sonsini 08-21-2009 10:12 AM

CrossFit Dating

I find it hard to meet people who are into the CrossFit lifestyle. I know the best place to meet people would probably be at other Affiliates, but we are all there to do the WOD and get down to business.

Is there any good place to meet CrossFit singles? I dated a girl who wasn't into our lifestyle and it didn't work out too well. She would want to go out randomly for wings, beer, pizza. Not going to happen! She got ****ed at that.

Any suggestions?

Ryan Hoegner 08-21-2009 10:36 AM

Re: CrossFit Dating

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Sonsini (Post 648954)
She would want to go out randomly for wings, beer, pizza.

Sounds like the perfect woman to me.

Renee Lee 08-21-2009 10:38 AM

start training at an affiliate, start running triathlons, etc...

Jason Scheffler 08-21-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Sonsini (Post 648954)
Is there any good place to meet CrossFit singles? I dated a girl who wasn't into our lifestyle and it didn't work out too well. She would want to go out randomly for wings, beer, pizza. Not going to happen! She got ****ed at that.

Any suggestions?

There's problems with wings, beer and pizza? oh oh

Try comprimising and make that a cheat night.

Kara Govro 08-21-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner (Post 648974)
Sounds like the perfect woman to me.

That was my thought.

Jamie J. Skibicki 08-21-2009 10:56 AM

You get the wings and let her eat the pizza. WIngs are meat, man. Now, if you are staying up too late and that interfering with recovery, then it's a problem.

Brian Bedell 08-21-2009 11:07 AM

I think it would be hard to find a cf chick, a very small pool to draw from. But you'll have to put more time in at your affiliate before and after, and at other events held by your affiliate. Become a trainer?

But should be able to find someone interested in fitness. I think plentyoffish.com is pretty good.

Kara Govro 08-21-2009 11:20 AM

If you do any online dating you can make fitness a requirement. I find that's generally code for "you're hot" and guys don't actually give a **** if you sit your butt on the couch all day as long as long as you stay thin. So, if you actually want someone active, say as much, e.g. I like girls who pick heavy **** up off the floor and try to eat whole foods. Might work.

James Compora 08-21-2009 11:31 AM

let me know when you figure it out daniel :P

Robert Newman 08-21-2009 11:35 AM

Your best bet is to check out other fitness events around town.. affiliate (obviously), marathons, triathalons, 5ks, yoga class... then again, I haven't had much luck :\